CHECK THIS OUT!! Vintage video of Flying Saucers at DLR..

That was fun to watch - thanks for the post.
I LOVED those things - think I rode them 2 or 3 times way back when. I'm so looking forward to Luigi's Flying Tires to see just how close they get. Bob Gurr has some hilariious stories about how error-prone that ride was -and the ride quality varied with the weight of the rider as well, so kids got a better ride than adults. It was broken down more often than it ran ( kind of like Rocket Rods!)

Looks fun, i hope luige's flying tire's is more reliable than the original flying saucers.

Great video. I don't remember those. I was pretty small back then, not sure how old I would have been for my first trip there. I should ask my Mom.:goodvibes She always tells me about her parents taking her and her girlfriend just after opening in '55.

Those people look like they are flying on air hockey discs! Or maybe jerking on air hockey discs. Lets hope this new attraction is a little smoother :lmao:

Funball next time you are in DCA look at the pit in Carsland where Luigi's is going. It must be ten feet deep, they started puttin steel in it a week ago.

You might have to be on the fun wheel to see it.

That was fun to watch - thanks for the post.
I LOVED those things - think I rode them 2 or 3 times way back when. I'm so looking forward to Luigi's Flying Tires to see just how close they get. Bob Gurr has some hilariious stories about how error-prone that ride was -and the ride quality varied with the weight of the rider as well, so kids got a better ride than adults. It was broken down more often than it ran ( kind of like Rocket Rods!)

I remember them too..can't wait to see the updated version, although I can just imagine people won't be bouncing around with legs flying all over the place and no cigars :) I love hearing Bob Gurr..I could listen to him all day. What a hoot..I can't wait to hear him at Destination D.

Great video! They look like they were fun!! :)

Funball next time you are in DCA look at the pit in Carsland where Luigi's is going. It must be ten feet deep, they started puttin steel in it a week ago.

You might have to be on the fun wheel to see it.

oh ok i will look at it. i am there every weekend.. on my way right in fact :goodvibes

I always thought those looked cool. Hopefully by now technology has caught up to imagineering! Didn't you love the old man smoking a cigar on the ride? There's a picture you won't see today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter