Check supplies in kitchen

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We just checked into 1BD at BWV. Never thought to check out the kitchen supplies. Woke up and wanted to make tea. Imagine my surprise to find only a fry pan and the insert (only) for a double boiler. I made hot water in the coffee maker but didn't really like the taste.
I called housekeeping and was told that "due to the pandemic" they are not supplying the kitchens, unless you call and ask. They promptly provided a tea kettle, at my request.
A thorough check revealed no dish detergent, no sponge and no laundry detergent. No tea. OLD (decaf only) coffee packs (pre 50th anniversary) .
We really only make beverages in AM and I bring my own coffee, filters and tea. But cooks beware.

We just checked into 1BD at BWV. Never thought to check out the kitchen supplies. Woke up and wanted to make tea. Imagine my surprise to find only a fry pan and the insert (only) for a double boiler. I made hot water in the coffee maker but didn't really like the taste.
I called housekeeping and was told that "due to the pandemic" they are not supplying the kitchens, unless you call and ask. They promptly provided a tea kettle, at my request.
A thorough check revealed no dish detergent, no sponge and no laundry detergent. No tea. OLD (decaf only) coffee packs (pre 50th anniversary) .
We really only make beverages in AM and I bring my own coffee, filters and tea. But cooks beware.
I've stayed post-reopening at BWV (in a GV), VGF (2BR) and OKW (2BR) and all of the kitchen were fully stocked with pots, pans, coffee and cleaning supplies. I think whoever gave you that "due to the pandemic" excuse was full of B.S.

Kitchen items get moved from one room to another as need be.
Some members need 2-3 frying plans , while some need none.

Always stay at least one meal ahead of supplies. Look through kitchen BEFORE you start. HK can bring what ever you need but must give then hours to get it to you.

We just returned from BLT yesterday and no tea kettle or pizza pan, so I used a pot to heat my water for hot tea in the morning and we used a boiler pan to cook our frozen pizza and our frozen chicken strips. I was also surprised the villa didn't have everything we needed. But we made it work. We did have dishwasher soap, dish soap, laundry soap, decal coffee (my husband drinks regular), no tea bags but I usually bring my own. Disney doesn't stock their kitchens the same way other timeshares do.

A tea kettle has always been request-only as far as I'm aware.

A pizza pan is not on the list of standard equipment, so that's something to bring from home if you'll need one. You could request from housekeeping but probably won't get one since basic dinnerware and cookware seem to be all that DVC provides in the full kitchens.

We had to request spatulas, pot holders and…. Hmmm a frying pan maybe at BWV over New Years. We called and it never came (presumably call center). But stopped at the desk the next day and it was all there when we returned.

Last Sept at OKW we had to request a tea kettle and also a large fry pan to replace the badly rusted one we had. We were surprised no one before us had noticed how bad that pan was rusted because of the severe scratches.

Always stay at least one meal ahead of supplies. Look through kitchen BEFORE you start. HK can bring what ever you need but must give then hours to get it to you.
A year ago, DD and crew had a 2 bedroom, we had a one bedroom. I cooked dinner in their room one night and in our's the next night and was surprised at the difference of supplies.

I never expected to find a tea kettle, I was just amazed at the absence of any size sauce pan.

But I agree with prior posters that the "due to the pandemic" explanation was BS. Just something to say, rather than addressing the real issue. I did call to get something to boil water in and went for the kettle, but would have taken a small saucepan. But the other motive for my call was to alert them of the need to restock this unit, while making it clear that we had not taken an assortment of pans home with us.

While that may happen, that's not supposed to be the case. Each villa has a posted (usually inside a cabinet door or on a laminated sheet) "Amenity List" that lays out what exactly is supposed to be in EVERY room (studios aside) upon check in. What "needs" to be in each villa is what's on the list, Nothing less.

Oh, and the "cookware set" is supposed to be a full 8-piece set with sauce pans, frying pans, and a stock pot.

amenity kist.jpg

More Info:

Boardwalk Villas Room Inventory

Other resorts will be similarly stocked.

Last edited:
We just got home from the BWVs Saturday :sad:
Our 1-bdrm was fully equipped with all amenities, as usual (we also received the regular amenity/towel replacement on Day 8, and Full HKing on days 4 & 12).
I'm surprised someone even tried using the pandemic as an excuse.

Got Trash & Towel today, even though I declined it because we are checking out tomorrow. Now have a sponge & dish detergent. Such a waste

We just got home from the BWVs Saturday :sad:
Our 1-bdrm was fully equipped with all amenities, as usual (we also received the regular amenity/towel replacement on Day 8, and Full HKing on days 4 & 12).
I'm surprised someone even tried using the pandemic as an excuse.

I know this is off topic but does anyone else besides me feel that a full cleaning on day 4 when staying for two weeks is a waste? You move in on day 1 and the room has been fully cleaned, it doesn't need a full cleaning on day 4. IMHO it would be much better to just have T&T day on day 4 and full cleaning on day 7. By day 7 the room is dusty and needs that full cleaning but now you have to wait until day 12. It just seems crazy to me. What do others think?

I will say that while staying at BW or VB the only item we have been short on is hangers, housekeeping has been very accommodating about supplying extra hangers. I try to always do a quick inventory to see that I have what I'm supposed to have in the room so I don't run into an issue later during our stay.

I know this is off topic but does anyone else besides me feel that a full cleaning on day 4 when staying for two weeks is a waste? You move in on day 1 and the room has been fully cleaned, it doesn't need a full cleaning on day 4. IMHO it would be much better to just have T&T day on day 4 and full cleaning on day 7. By day 7 the room is dusty and needs that full cleaning but now you have to wait until day 12. It just seems crazy to me. What do others think?

I will say that while staying at BW or VB the only item we have been short on is hangers, housekeeping has been very accommodating about supplying extra hangers. I try to always do a quick inventory to see that I have what I'm supposed to have in the room so I don't run into an issue later during our stay.
ITA - i would rather full clean on day 8, T&T on Days 4 & 12. They would also save some time & money by reducing a second full HKing to a T&T on 13-16 day stays.
I think our biggest pet peeve is no broom & dustpan. The vacuums are awful (they just blow stuff around), while a broom/dustpan would be incredibly helpful to clean up a bit. We usually wind up on our hands & knees, picking up crumbs, etc with a wet paper towel

Totally agree with the full cleaning on day 4 being a waste. Would much rather have the full cleaning be done on the eighth day. I never understood why they do it this way. It also doesn't help that I usually end up needing to call to have them replenish some of the items that they were suppose to leave when they do T & T or the full cleaning. Why do they think that leaving one spare roll of TP is going to last for 4 days? Also I often stay in studios & I almost always need to call to get the paper plates, bowls & plastic utensils replenished. Why do they think that 4 paper plates & 4 paper bowls will last for my entire 2 week stay? It's not like you can wash them & re-use them and what they usually supply isn't even enough for 1 person for more than a day or two so it definitely doesn't work for 2 or more people in the room. I always call for real Mugs & Glasses if they aren't already in the room. You can't use those stupid disposable cups in the Microwave to heat anything up, it says Do Not Microwave right on them. For a company that claims to be environmentally conscious they are really clueless when it comes to all the disposable items they stock the studios with.

Totally agree with the full cleaning on day 4 being a waste. Would much rather have the full cleaning be done on the eighth day. I never understood why they do it this way. It also doesn't help that I usually end up needing to call to have them replenish some of the items that they were suppose to leave when they do T & T or the full cleaning. Why do they think that leaving one spare roll of TP is going to last for 4 days? Also I often stay in studios & I almost always need to call to get the paper plates, bowls & plastic utensils replenished. Why do they think that 4 paper plates & 4 paper bowls will last for my entire 2 week stay? It's not like you can wash them & re-use them and what they usually supply isn't even enough for 1 person for more than a day or two so it definitely doesn't work for 2 or more people in the room. I always call for real Mugs & Glasses if they aren't already in the room. You can't use those stupid disposable cups in the Microwave to heat anything up, it says Do Not Microwave right on them. For a company that claims to be environmentally conscious they are really clueless when it comes to all the disposable items they stock the studios with.

I think they do it this way because they don’t want to offer it for stays 7 nights or less.

By making it day 8, it prevents that. But, I have read you can call and ask them to do it on a different day if you are staying the 8 or more nights.

I think they do it this way because they don’t want to offer it for stays 7 nights or less.

By making it day 8, it prevents that. But, I have read you can call and ask them to do it on a different day if you are staying the 8 or more nights.

This past January I asked to have the full cleaning on day 8, I was told that would be fine. Well guess what...they must have a poor communication system because the room got a full cleaning on day four. Oh well maybe I will try again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter