• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check my plan for a one-day whirlwind visit?

SarahWeasley

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I'm going to be in Orlando for an event on 11/14, and decided to stay the night to wring all I could out of WDW in a one-day visit. I've been to WDW several times, but not since 2018, so a lot has changed, particularly with Genie and LL. I actually have been to Disneyland twice in the past year, so I did use the new systems there -- but (if I understand correctly) there are a lot of differences in how they work and how I'm going to be using them! So a big part of why I'm posting is to check if I'm planning my LL/ILL right.

My current plan is below. I'll be solo, so I don't have to worry about inflicting my choices on anyone else. The list of attractions I'm aiming for is a pretty weird collection of new stuff; old stuff I've never seen; stuff I didn't recently do at Disneyland; and stuff that I just really like. I don't think I really have any particular thing that I absolutely must do, so if I can't get it all, that's okay.

Planning to get a one-day park hopper ticket for 11/15 with a reservation at MK and Genie+. I will have a rental car. Staying off-site so can't enter park until 9 AM.

Edit: Updated plan has been added in post #6 below.

Wednesday, 11/15:

7 AM:
-Buy ILL for 7DMT and FOP.
-Get LL for Peter Pan.

8 AM: Arrive at TTC by car.

9 AM: Get LL for Remy in evening.

Enter MK. Ride:
-BTMRR
-Peter Pan (with LL)
-7DMT (with ILL)
-Hall of Presidents
-Country Bear Jamboree
-Monsters Inc
-Possibly more, depending on the time available

11 AM: Get LL for Frozen in evening.

12 PM or so: Get lunch (probably from Casey's).

1 PM:
-Get LL for Safaris.
-Head out of park and drive to AK.

2 PM: Enter AK. Ride:
-FOP (with ILL)
-Safaris (with LL)
-Dinosaur
-KRR (followed by a change of clothes)

4 PM or earlier: Head out of park and drive to EP.

4:30 PM (optimistically): Enter EP. Ride:
-Spaceship Earth
-TT
-LWTL
-Frozen (with LL)
-Gran Fiesta
-Remy (with LL)

8 PM: Exit EP and head to airport.

Any thoughts/corrections/critique? Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
We are doing a quick 48 hour trip in November and can't wait to see how it all plays out!
I do notice that you have getting a LL for Remy at 9:00. Y0u can make your first one at 7:00 but you will not be able to make another lightning lane until you either use your first one or two hours after park opening. So if the park opens at 9:00 you could not get Remi until 11:00 and honestly by then there most likely won,t be any left.
If you get an early PP LL then you could book Remi right after. Then you would have the two hour wait time for your next LL. Good luck, sounds like a blast!

Hi all. I'm going to be in Orlando for an event on 11/14, and decided to stay the night to wring all I could out of WDW in a one-day visit. I've been to WDW several times, but not since 2018, so a lot has changed, particularly with Genie and LL. I actually have been to Disneyland twice in the past year, so I did use the new systems there -- but (if I understand correctly) there are a lot of differences in how they work and how I'm going to be using them! So a big part of why I'm posting is to check if I'm planning my LL/ILL right.

My current plan is below. I'll be solo, so I don't have to worry about inflicting my choices on anyone else. The list of attractions I'm aiming for is a pretty weird collection of new stuff; old stuff I've never seen; stuff I didn't recently do at Disneyland; and stuff that I just really like. I don't think I really have any particular thing that I absolutely must do, so if I can't get it all, that's okay.

Planning to get a one-day park hopper ticket for 11/15 with a reservation at MK and Genie+. I will have a rental car. Staying off-site so can't enter park until 9 AM.

Wednesday, 11/15:

7 AM:
-Get LL for Peter Pan.

9 AM: Get LL for Remy in evening.

Enter MK. Ride:
-BTMRR
-Peter Pan (with LL)
-7DMT (with ILL)
-Hall of Presidents
-Country Bear Jamboree
-Monsters Inc
-Possibly more, depending on the time available

11 AM: Get LL for Frozen in evening.

1 PM:
-Get LL for Safaris.

-FOP (with ILL)
-Safaris (with LL)
-Dinosaur

-Spaceship Earth
-TT
-LWTL
-Frozen (with LL)
-Gran Fiesta
-Remy (with LL)

Any thoughts/corrections/critique? Thanks for reading!
You say you're staying offsite. Buying ILLs at 7:00 is a perk for those staying onsite. You'll have to wait until the parks open at 9:00. You can make your second Genie+ LL reservation after tapping into your first (Peter Pan) or two hours after MK opens. That would be 11:00, not 9:00. You then make your third at 1:00, and so forth. You don't get to pick your times when selecting LLs, so you may be optimistic about getting your Safaris LL for the two-hour window you'll be there, and that's if you book it instead of Frozen as your third LL. On the other hand, it may be possible. Good luck.

I expect the OP is a bit ambitious with the planning. You should have some of these items listed as 'nice-to-haves' in case you need to adjust on the fly. Too much depends on timing. As mentioned above, you're already planning on a LL you can't select until (probably) 2 hours later than you have scheduled; and ILLs only available at 9AM. Also, EPCOT is likely to be very busy that week because it's the final week of F&W.

If you have a 10:30PM or so flight home, being at the EP exit at least by 8 should work - but that's the one 'ride' you don't want to miss that day!!

Thanks so much to all! Not being able to get my second LL at 9 AM is definitely the kind of mistake I was hoping the Disboards would point out to me. :)

I've made some revisions thanks to your feedback and corrections. If anyone sees anything amiss, please let me know! (Aside from the fact that my MK plans are so completely dorky, because I'm definitely aware of that.) :)

Wednesday, 11/15:

7 AM:
-Get LL for BTMRR, but start watching timeslots for Remy LL; if it gets to the evening time when I'll be at Epcot, junk the BTMRR and get Remy.

9 AM:
Get LL for Remy in evening.

Enter MK. Ride:
-BTMRR
-BTMRR again with LL; then get the Remy LL if I haven't already
-Peter Pan (with LL)
-Hall of Presidents
-Liberty Square Riverboat
-People Mover

-Monsters Inc
-COP
-7DMT (with ILL)
-Country Bear Jamboree
Above list is subject to change based on how timing goes

11 AM (or 2 hours after getting Remy LL): Get LL for Frozen in evening.

1 PM:
-Get LL for Safaris. (assuming the time availability works)

-FOP (with ILL)
-Safaris (with LL)
-Dinosaur

-Spaceship Earth
-LWTL
-TT (Single Rider)
-Gran Fiesta
-Frozen (with LL)
-Remy (with LL)

I checked and MK opens at 8am on the 15th, so not sure how that will change things for you. You can buy 7DMT at 8am and FOP at 9am currently. A great thing with MK being open early is that you can use your first LL (if you get a time before 9am) before the other parks even open and get your 2nd LL booked at the next park and be ahead of the game, so to speak. Or you might be able to squeeze in another MK LL before booking at the next park. Also, you may not even need a LL for safari after 2 pm, but if you time it right, you could get one and use it right away and then book next LL.

Don’t forget to set an alarm on your phone when you have to wait 2 hours to book a LL!

I checked and MK opens at 8am on the 15th, so not sure how that will change things for you. You can buy 7DMT at 8am and FOP at 9am currently. A great thing with MK being open early is that you can use your first LL (if you get a time before 9am) before the other parks even open and get your 2nd LL booked at the next park and be ahead of the game, so to speak. Or you might be able to squeeze in another MK LL before booking at the next park. Also, you may not even need a LL for safari after 2 pm, but if you time it right, you could get one and use it right away and then book next LL.

Don’t forget to set an alarm on your phone when you have to wait 2 hours to book a LL!
Thanks! Yes, immediately after I felt like my plan was all set, Disney decided to open MK an hour earlier (leading to some real soul-searching about how early I'll be able to wake up that day). Sigh. Appreciate the advice!

I'm both cautiously optimistic and quite curious about how this will all end up working out, so I'm going to do my best to keep track as the day progresses and report the results here, for my own interest and anyone else's. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter