Cheapest place for golf cart batteries

love__goofy

Mouseketeer
Our golf cart is several years d and the batteries have died. Where can I get a good set of batteries at a decent price?

Your best bet is to spend the money on a quality set of batteries. They will last longer and in the end, save you money overall. Trojan is a good quality. Probably not the answer you were looking for.

I just paid to have the 48v golf cart of my mother and father's replaced. $600 for 6 batteries and all new cable. Have local dealer who was actually able to get and install the batteries cheaper than I could buy them.

I agree with paying more and going with better quality batteries. The longevity pays for itself and the higher end batteries tend to have decreased corrosion due to better manufacturing.

Thank you all for the information. I have six 8V batteries. I just checked..lol

What is the difference between regular Trojan batteries and deep cycle Trojan batteries?

Deep cycle batteries typically have thicker electrode plates, higher density active "battery" material and a more rigid construction. Deep cycle is a battery industry term to help market batteries. In essence, it is supposed to mean you can cycle the battery, while extracting more Ah (capacity) many times, with longer life.

BUT, there are so many variables that can contribute to this being an industry term. Without going into technical details. I personally would compare self-discharge rates (how long can the battery sit, without charging, at a given temperature as to have enough "juice" to run "some" distance back to a charging station. You can also look at how quickly that battery pack can charge (if that is an option or feasible).

I'm much more familiar with NiMH batteries though.

Deep cycle batteries usually recommended more with heavy use, like golf carts with bigger motors, used for hunting, or with bigger , more aggressive treads. They can be for those who do a lot of riding.

For us, using it primarily around yard or back and forth from neighbor's I don't use the deep cycle batteries. It really depends on your wants and needs, but then again, most purchases do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter