• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapest adult beverages?

TheConsciousness

Coaster Skeptic
Hey everyone! We're heading back to WDW in a few weeks and we were wondering if anyone had found any great adult beverages that weren't too expensive. All of these food and wine drinks look amazing, but can be a bit pricey. We are looking to explore all sorts of drinks, but hoping to encounter the cheap ones. ;)

Any favorites that you would suggest at the parks or the resorts?
Thanks!

I forget the exact price but we were pleasantly surprised by the cost of a Bloody Mary at the Belle Vue Lounge the last few years, we have Allen use the well vodka which I believe was Skyy.

Bill From PA

Your cheapest bet is almost always a beer rather than a mixed drink. The drinks at the food & wine kiosks are small for the price.

If you drink mixed drinks, your much better off getting a double of whatever your are drinking versus two of whatever you are drinking. The double is only $2.00/more and therefore, I dont buy/spend as much.

Is this +$2.00 rule at every place around Disney?

I prefer the adult "Chilled H2O" myself. But honestly, beer will be your cheapest option typically.

Is this +$2.00 rule at every place around Disney?

Cant say every place but I know for a fact at the following as of April this year: Rose and Crown Pub, Tutto Gusto, Il Mulino, BlueZoo, Tambu Lounge, Citricos, Jiko, Victoria Falls Lounge, Nomad Lounge, Dawa Bar, Jock Lindseys, Splittsville, Raglan Road and Tune In Lounge.

If you are doing or can do a grocery order, they will deliver beer and I believe wine as well. Cheapest option unless you have a car.

If I remember correctly, the cheapest adult beverages (beer or specialty) were in EPCOT at and around the China Pavilion. About $1 cheaper than comparable drinks everywhere else.

There are a few that are great bang for your buck. Any sort of "after burner" has a nice kick (fireball + hard cider), which you can find in DHS. The Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider is also pretty strong (8%+) and you can get like 20oz for $11 at the Baseline Taphouse in DHS. I tend to avoid mixed drinks but I also think the new margaritas in Mexico are well worth the price. You can do stuff like go back to your resort for lunch/pool time and I'll usually keep a few beers in the room. That way I can have a couple without having to pay the Disney premium!

You're going to be hard pressed to find any good deals IMO. It's WDW and all food and beverages are priced high. It sucks, but it is what it is. My best recommendation is to budget accordingly. That way you can explore more beverage options without having to trounce all around trying to find a gem.

Dan

If you enjoy wine with meals check out the wine list. Often you will find a decent bottle that averages around $8 - $9 a glass. TiW is great. 20% off at lounges!

House of Blues has a pretty reasonable happy hour: http://www.houseofblues.com/orlando/happyhour

Also- if you go to Trader Sam's, some of their drinks (the Uh-Oaha in particular), can be shared amongst several people. We're locals and anytime a friend comes into town, the 2 of us will take a newbie there and the 3 of us end up sharing that drink! I think the drink is $20 total

Happy drinking!!!

For me one of my favorites which is where I will be in September on my birthday is Rose and Crown, Bass Ale and the McCallan Scotch flight. 3 one ounce pours of 12, 18 and 21 year old single malt. The beer is like $8 and the scotch is $21 which is a decent price just about anywhere.

The Ale and Compass Lounge has happy hour from 4-6, and they had some good deals. Nothing I would go out of my way for, but if you are staying at Yacht and Beach it is a nice option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter