"cheap" table service?

*QueenB*

Mouseketeer
I know about allears.net menus and everything but as far as hands on experience, portions size and meal shareability <----pretty sure not a word but anyway are there any TS places that you'd recommend for a family on a budget to spend a little extra time out of the heat and chaos?
Our vacation starts 10/7/13. Free dining isn't going on then but I know reservations may be hard to grab anyway just trying to get this trip planned.

In MK The Plaza is very nice and quite cheap!!!!! Checkout menu's on allears.net.

Also 50's Prime in HS is decently priced and the portions are massive.

I am going to 2nd the suggestion for 50's Prime Time. Reasonable prices, yummy food and huge portions, more than enough to share.

Are you all big eaters? If not, there are very few non-signature restaurants that you couldn't share at. DH & I could easily share an entrée at lunch. Signature restaurants have smaller portions, so for dinner we usually share a couple appetizers, 1 entrée & 2 desserts. There's always plenty of food left. Even if you're bigger eaters, you should be able to get away with an appetizer & 1 entrée at non-signature restaurants. You can always grab a snack later.

I haven't been but Via Napoli comes up a bit.

I found portions at T-Rex and RFC big. You can join their rewards program for $25 and get a $25 rewards and you get $25 for your birthday month.

I don't know if Sci Fi is the most shareable (I did share with my son but we shared onion rings, shake and burger) but it is a neat environment and not too expensive.

Le Chefs has a fixed price meal at lunch. My son and I shared baguette (free), french onion soup, sandwich, dessert for about $25. A family of 4 could probably drink water, share two of the Prix fixe meals and maybe 2 apps (so that would be bread, 4 apps, 2 entrees, 2 desserts) for around $80 with tip.

I second the Plaza, one club sandwich with fries and a sundae will easily feed two people for lunch!
Other places Dh and I share at is Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, Sci-fi Drive-in, Les Chefs prix fix lunch. Mama Melrose would be a good choice, and so would Yak & Yeti. Enjoy!!!

BOG at MK we always share a turkey sandwich for lunch and get an extra side of fries. The turkey sandwich is pretty big, and then it leaves room later in the afternoon for a snack.

The quick service in Mexico at Epcot has huge portions. The soft tacos come with three plus chips. You can order a small cup of queso for 79c, I think. My daughter and I shared this meal last year and still had a taco left over. They are filled with tons of meat.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry. Just saw you said table service. The flatbreads at Tony's are pretty reasonably priced. And lunch at nine dragons.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Trails End for breakfast or dinner-buffet with no characters.
Olivia's at Old Key West-Great breakfasts lunches and dinners
Plaza-great good and service
Liberty Tree Tavern for Lunch
Epcot-Nine Dragons
Studios-50's Prime Time

Bill

We just ate at Via Napoli for the first time and found the portions huge and the food delicious. A single pizza (says it serves 1) would easily serve 2 .... and trust me, my husband and I are very hearty eaters. The family salad, $7 per person, is also huge and yummy. One downside, is that we thought the restaurant was overly noisy and difficult to have a conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter