Chase Freedom 5% rewards on WDW dining?

Nick6300

DIS Veteran
I suspect that the Chase Freedom 5% dining rewards this qtr. wouldn't count at WDW parks' QS, booths, except for maybe the restaurants at DS because transactions would come up under some LLC branch of Disney (i.e. Disney Parks and Rec.) vs. an Applebee's, for instance? Trying to decide which cards we need to take. I unfortunately charged our room to one (think you have to take that one), then 2 different ones for dining reservations (don't need those), and wanted to take the Disney card too. We originally planned to use mostly gift cards we've saved up but saw that mobile ordering are only via credit cards. Hence was thinking of the Chase Freedom.

Would the 10% AP discount for entrees at Y&Y and Rainforest (both locations) actually be for entrees only or do you think you'd get 10% off your bills (if a few apps instead of entrees). Can you get that AP discount in conjunction with using your Landry's members rewards.

I love the Chase Freedom and the 5%!! you'd be surprised.. alot of the Disney eateries are coded as restaurants and not as Disney. just going through a statement quickly, these were all coded as restaurants :
LES VINS KIOSK FRANCE, TUTTO GUSTO,LUNCHING PAD, ALOHA ISLE, CAPTAIN COOK'S, FRONTERA COCINA. I'd definitely take it and enjoy the 5% :)

I love the Chase Freedom and the 5%!! you'd be surprised.. alot of the Disney eateries are coded as restaurants and not as Disney. just going through a statement quickly, these were all coded as restaurants :
LES VINS KIOSK FRANCE, TUTTO GUSTO,LUNCHING PAD, ALOHA ISLE, CAPTAIN COOK'S, FRONTERA COCINA. I'd definitely take it and enjoy the 5% :)

Were there any stand vendor or restaurant that didn't get you 5% back or did all of them comply?

As long as you use the card at the restaurant, it will be coded as such. If you charge it to the magic band and use your Freedom card for payment, it will be itemized as a resort expense (such as in lodging) and you will not get the 5%.

Laura

Please forgive my ignorance, is the Chase Freedom, the same as my Disney Premier Visa? I see nothing about 5% on my current promotions/perks page...thanks so much in advance!

I know this is the restaurant forum (delete if not allowed, but I'm not spamming for referral) but on the subject of chase disney. I'm finding that I can have my wife go through chase.com/referafriend/disney to email a referral to me to apply for the reg. No fee disney rewards card for the current (I called to confirm) $200 disney gift card promo, as long as I haven't had the card in past 24 mo's, approved+she gets the $50 referral (closed mine 2.5 yrs ago). $250 savings every couple years potentially.

Also recd an invite today for the SWA plus, $100 bonus (promo part), normal 40k points, 3000 pt anniversary, $69 fee. The SWA sale ending today has 1 way flights for 3700 pts. (Poor flight time at 2300) That bonus is like 11 free 1-ways. We're looking at upgrading our 8 day ph+s to AP Plat. for some 2018 ticket savings and maybe look at a couple flights to mco.

Thanks guys for confirming on the Freedom restaurant rewards. Just set my travel alert on it. Tough not to use my disney gift cards I've been saving for dining but we can use on our hotels next yr if we do the AP upgrade.

One of my new annual Disney gift card savers will be the Target 10% off target gift card promo on black fri up to $300 per (then buy disney cards w/it). Purchased with my BOA Travel card, saved $38 on disney cards for a dinner.

Please forgive my ignorance, is the Chase Freedom, the same as my Disney Premier Visa? I see nothing about 5% on my current promotions/perks page...thanks so much in advance!
same here its only 2 percent for food with the chase premier disney visa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter