Chase Disney Visa and Fraud

gr8tdame

Enchanted
Have a Chase Disney Visa and use it primarily before a trip. I used it to pay my deposit on my Disney Vacation and to secure my ADR's. Chase called me this weekend about charges in California....I live in Texas. Someone actually had duplicate cards made up and had the sec #. I have only used the card on the Disney site to secure my trip. I was told to destroy our cards and a new one would be sent out. The fraud department also checked my purchases on my Chase SWA card. The only card that was compromised was my Chase Disney Visa....started with small purchases like $2.38 at Walmart, $32 @ fast food, $120 at a grocery store and $230 at Ross......all these stores were in California.
Check your Chase Disney Visa statements carefully for fraud activity if you have recently booked a trip or made Adr's through Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Chase called us as well. Same thing happened with small amounts being charged in another state. We haven't booked a Disney trip with it in a couple of years but do use it around town to earn reward points.

This is crazy, I hope your issues get resolved asap. Thanks for the heads up on the card transactions, seems whoever used it was testing the water with the small charges.

Have a Chase Disney Visa and use it primarily before a trip. I used it to pay my deposit on my Disney Vacation and to secure my ADR's. Chase called me this weekend about charges in California....I live in Texas. Someone actually had duplicate cards made up and had the sec #. I have only used the card on the Disney site to secure my trip. I was told to destroy our cards and a new one would be sent out. The fraud department also checked my purchases on my Chase SWA card. The only card that was compromised was my Chase Disney Visa....started with small purchases like $2.38 at Walmart, $32 @ fast food, $120 at a grocery store and $230 at Ross......all these stores were in California.
Check your Chase Disney Visa statements carefully for fraud activity if you have recently booked a trip or made Adr's through Disney.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Were these cards you had for a while? As part of the Target mess, we had cards reissued by the bank, and within weeks there were charges in a distant western state that triggered the fraud alert sytem. They too made these charges with cards in hand, so apparenty had all the info and and had duplicate cards made up.

Thanks for the heads up. I will start keeping a closer eye on my account. Glad Chase was paying attention to your account.

Same thing here! We got an email last week about fraud on our account. I called the number on the back of our cards thinking the email was a scam.....nope! They had charged $5.00 at Bestbuy online and then $100 at Walmart.com.

I had only used this card recently to pay for our trip and at our son's orthodontist.

We received our new cards a few days later. I am very thankful that Chase caught this! And that we are not liable for those charges. I hope everyone else's accounts are ok!

This isn't a Disney or even Chase credit card specific issue. This can happen to every credit and debit card. It is getting easier for thieves, but it is also easier for the credit card companies to spot. They just don't have the means to stop it completely, yet.
So it is good advice to monitor all of your cards at least weekly.

Happen to me a couple years ago with my Disney Visa. Chase was very quick to spot the transactions as not being in my pattern of spending and actually put a hold on the card until I called them. They had me log into my account and tell them which trasactions were not mine and they removed them. I had my new card in two days.

I know exactly when it happened. I had made a purchase online. The transaction went through but I never received the product.

Yup we had the same thing happen to us with our disney visa several months ago. someone in CA was trying to use our card number but at different places in CA kind of random and all over the place. Chase had immediately shut down our card and alerted us to contact them. We use our card for EVERYTHING to build up points and always pay off the balance as to not incur interest. I was so happy with the way that Chase handled the situation and they were so quick to stop the theft. We got our new cards very quickly. If anything I worry about this less now that I know that Chase is on their game with this sort of thing. Obviously I am not irresponsible enough to never check our purchases, but I have relief in knowing that in today's world where people can steal in this way that it will all be okay if it happens!

Oh great. I got two emails from Chase that were in my junk folder. The address looked legit but the link to verify/update or whatever was blocked at work. I will have to get on and check it again. Love the DIS! Thanks for the heads up!!! ::yes::

This happened to me too, last week. Only, in my case, it was me trying to use MY card, in my zip code and my card was declined 3x in a row. When I got home, I had a phone message and email alerting me to a possible fraud alert. Only, no one else had actually stolen my info. They finally determined that the place I was attempting to charge had been flagged as a place for potential fraud. It was a Burger King.

My Disney Visa was compromised last November - Black Friday weekend. Just like OP, somehow the thieves created a duplicate fraudulent card. Of course, they wouldn't scan properly in a card reader, so for each transaction the cashier had to manually enter the card number. All of my fraudulent charges were in the Dallas area. And the thieves ran up over $2000 in charges at Dillards and Lowes before an even larger transaction at Nordstrom got Chase's attention. I got a fraud alert by email. Rather than calling the number in the email, I called the number on the back of my card - always a good idea in case the email is some sort of phishing scam.

If you ever have to deal with credit card fraud, just hope your bank handles it like Chase. They are awesome. All the charges were removed from my account, and a replacement card with a new number sent overnight by FedEx. What really blew me away was the amount this thief got away with before getting caught. They picked a great weekend to go on a shopping spree - the sheer number of transactions overall meant it took longer for Chase's fraud department to catch on. But I'm the only user of my card and I was using it that same weekend here at home. I'm very surprised that multiple transactions in 2 different states almost 1000 miles apart on the same day wasn't enough to set off a red flag sooner. At the end of the day, I'm very pleased with how Chase handled the situation, but I still felt violated. It's a very unnerving experience.

OP, I would't necessarily blame the compromise on Disney ADR's. This kind of fraud is rampant. We eat out a lot, and I kind of feel like a server somewhere copied my card number while it was out of my sight. But who really knows?

My Disney Visa was compromised last November - Black Friday weekend. Just like OP, somehow the thieves created a duplicate fraudulent card. Of course, they wouldn't scan properly in a card reader, so for each transaction the cashier had to manually enter the card number. All of my fraudulent charges were in the Dallas area. And the thieves ran up over $2000 in charges at Dillards and Lowes before an even larger transaction at Nordstrom got Chase's attention. I got a fraud alert by email. Rather than calling the number in the email, I called the number on the back of my card - always a good idea in case the email is some sort of phishing scam.

If you ever have to deal with credit card fraud, just hope your bank handles it like Chase. They are awesome. All the charges were removed from my account, and a replacement card with a new number sent overnight by FedEx. What really blew me away was the amount this thief got away with before getting caught. They picked a great weekend to go on a shopping spree - the sheer number of transactions overall meant it took longer for Chase's fraud department to catch on. But I'm the only user of my card and I was using it that same weekend here at home. I'm very surprised that multiple transactions in 2 different states almost 1000 miles apart on the same day wasn't enough to set off a red flag sooner. At the end of the day, I'm very pleased with how Chase handled the situation, but I still felt violated. It's a very unnerving experience.

OP, I would't necessarily blame the compromise on Disney ADR's. This kind of fraud is rampant. We eat out a lot, and I kind of feel like a server somewhere copied my card number while it was out of my sight. But who really knows?

When I shopped Black Friday, I had an online order declined for possible fraud because I had just used my card locally and the online store was out of state. They were very diligent.

My Chase Amazon Visa was compromised a couple of years ago. Chase declined a charge in CA (I live in MA) and contacted me. The credit card has never left my house, I only use it at Amazon.

I now check all my credit activity several times a week. I have multiple Chase cards so easy to check those with one log in.

I too was notified of fraud last week, only it was my Chase United card. There were two small charges, one for $13 and one for $17. I was surprised they caught that since the amounts were small and only about an hour from my house. First they texted me, then sent an email, and also left a msg on both my home and cell phones.

I have had issues at least 4 previous times over the past 10 yrs or so and Chase has caught it every single time (and I look at my statement online at least weekly). One time someone duplicated my card and took money out of an ATM in a neighboring state. I found this surprising, as I don't even know my pin(never use it for atm usage), how could a crook do that? Another time someone tried to charge $2000 worth of wine from France:sad2:.

Chase has been awesome to have.

My Chase Amazon Visa was compromised a couple of years ago. Chase declined a charge in CA (I live in MA) and contacted me. The credit card has never left my house, I only use it at Amazon.

I now check all my credit activity several times a week. I have multiple Chase cards so easy to check those with one log in.

I too had this happen a few years ago. We had just gotten our nice new Chase Disney card, used it to buy our MNSSHP tickets and then put it away in a drawer, never left the house. Within a week someone used it for $1200 in clothes and $400 at the ATT store:confused3

We just had this happen on the 15th to us with our Capital One QS. I used it to pay 500 to my disney trip. 6 hours later 4000 misc charges I am not liable for!

I just got a fraud alert email from Chase, and I've barely used it except for Disney. I've had Citibank cards and discover for 10 years with only bad transaction (which was actually from someone getting into my Walmart.com account rather than using my cc). I'm probably going to close the Disney card after my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter