Chase Disney cc is a joke

I'm generally in the camp that it is a "joke". Of course, the reason for that is I have the $49/year version; I got a $300 credit with that one, so I figured it was a net $250 discount on my Disney trip earlier this year. I was going to cancel, but is there a way to "downgrade" to the free version?

I'm generally in the camp that it is a "joke". Of course, the reason for that is I have the $49/year version; I got a $300 credit with that one, so I figured it was a net $250 discount on my Disney trip earlier this year. I was going to cancel, but is there a way to "downgrade" to the free version?
I don't know. Maybe call them and ask? The question would be whether or not that negatively affects your credit. I'm just not savvy about those things so hopefully someone else knows.

There are much better reward cards. I only used it for the promotional interest rates on vacation packages. The Little perks are the only reason I keep it.

I agree the rewards are small. However, we use ours for nearly everything that demands a credit card during the year, and always have enough reward dollars to cover pretty much all our food on a Disneyland trip, since we go only once a year or so. After the pandemic, we had so much in reward dollars that we were able to eat at Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, Lamplight Lounge and a bunch of counter service places for free! That's the reason we keep the card. I realize it's probably psychological, since we get better cash rewards with other cards we have, but since the Disney card is for Disney credit only, it keeps those credits specific to our Disneyland trips! :earsboy:

Yes, I just got the $49 annual fee on my most recent statement. I called and asked them to remove it and downgraded it. They had to send me a new card that doesn't say "Premier" but other than that it was easy.

I believe I read somewhere on the Disboards that someone said they have gone back and forth from the premier to the basic card. Like, if I got another offer to try the Premier card free of the annual fee for a year I totally would.

If you still want a castle in your wallet (albeit, design is not quite as nice as the credit card) and are a Chase banking customer consider the Chase Disney Debit card. It doesn't have any extra fees but provides most of the same discounts and benefits as the basic credit card version. There's no points earning but, as others have pointed out, the return is quite low on that anyway.

We just signed up for the Disney Card as well and we only got it for the signing bonus which will offset the cost of the 3-day passes we just purchased for our upcoming trip. I'm well aware of how minimal the benefits are after that and probably won't use it as our primary card while we're down there on our trip.

Are all the cards weirdly heavy or is it just the 100th design? It almost feels metal but it's not? But it is? 😂

OK someone mentioned 10% off on food, but each time we are there we never get the 10% off. Am I doing something wrong? I ask and they always say, not at this restaurant (been to Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans and Ogas, all have said this). Which restaurants DO you get the 10% off at??? Same goes for the shops when buying souvenirs they all say not here, but dont know where "here" is.

Anyone who really knows their credit cards would tell you that the Disney Visa's are not worth ever putting any actually spending on with perhaps the exception if you want to take advantage of extended payment on Disney Vacation.

The free cards is worth having for the few perks IF you have no trouble getting credit cards. If you can only get limited credit and looking for best rewards, this is not the card. If you are not getting at last 2% back on all spend, you are leaving rewards on the table. A no fee 2% back card on all spend is very easy to find.

Any who says "I put all my spending on it and pay it off and get $XXX back towards my vacation" doesn't really know credit cards. Because if they earned $200 back, they could have earned $400 on the same spend on a different card.

Even the paid one for Disney spend isn't really worth it since you can get 2% for free so why pay to get 2% for just Disney. Although if there's a good sign up bonus, you can get it for the first year and downgrade to the free one when the AF comes due the next year.

You should've gotten $32 as it's 2% on Disney purchases. I really only use it at WDW since I don't get my MK discount which is bigger than the 10% Chase discount, or I use it to pay off trips at 0%.

You should've gotten $32 as it's 2% on Disney purchases. I really only use it at WDW since I don't get my MK discount which is bigger than the 10% Chase discount, or I use it to pay off trips at 0%.
I can't find anything that says I get more than 1% on any purchase...I have the free version.

dis card.JPG

Are all the cards weirdly heavy or is it just the 100th design? It almost feels metal but it's not? But it is? 😂

The Premier card has an exclusive Disney100 metal design.

OK someone mentioned 10% off on food, but each time we are there we never get the 10% off. Am I doing something wrong? I ask and they always say, not at this restaurant (been to Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans and Ogas, all have said this). Which restaurants DO you get the 10% off at??? Same goes for the shops when buying souvenirs they all say not here, but dont know where "here" is.

I don't use mine at the parks for discounts since my MK is a better discount, but I believe there might be a minimum spend to qualify. I think it's $50?

This is on the Rewards page:
1000001109.png

At the Disney Store or shopDisney there is no minimum spend to get the discount.

2% is only for the Premier Disney Visa (annual fee). OP has the no annual fee version and that's 1% across the board except when special offers pop up (love when they give me 5% offers on my no annual fee card).

You have to check the list online because it keeps changing but the list isn't that long. A few months ago, they had Earl of Sandwich on there but that's now gone. Staff also don't always know how to process it. So even though Wetzels Pretzels is supposed to get 20% off, the staff usually only know how to give you 10% off. You can also ask them if they give a discount. A lot of CMs don't know which restaurants are supposed to get what discounts and sometimes manually apply the DVC or Magic Key one by mistake.

The shops are the Disney run ones - Pin Traders, World of Disney and most shops in the parks. But you have to spend a minimum of $50 to get the discount at these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter