Charging an EV at the Hilton Anaheim?

jpessa

Addicted to Disney
Hi all,

I'm staying at the Hilton next weekend for the first time ever. (side note, I'm nervous about the distance, I'm a stickler for walking distance and don't like the thought of taking a shuttle - so feel free to give tips about that as well!)

The website mentions there's EV charging at the hotel. Does anyone here have experience using it? How does it work /where is it? How much do they charge?

I drive a Tesla and usually just hit the supercharger on my way out of town but if I can charge it while parked for 2 days that's even better.

Thanks!

We try to stay at the Hilton for this exact reason. We have a model 3. In our experience, when you valet, they will charge the car for you for free. You just ask when you pull into the valet area. They usually will put a sign in the dash letting the valet driver know you need a charge. It’s awesome! And valet is only $4 more than self park (plus tip for the valet on top of that).

Walking there in the morning is not bad. Walking back can feel very long. We usually cut through the grand to exit and walk back. We have almost gotten an Uber back in the past but just toughed it out. You cannot enter through the grand in the morning. You have to walk around to the DTD entrance by the Disneyland hotel.

We really enjoy the Hilton. Having to stop and super charge in the morning on departure day can be a headache sometimes and we like leaving with an almost full charge. It’s great!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Last edited:
We stayed at Christmas and there are definitely chargers on the ground floor of the Carpark just outside the back entrance. Never used them but there are several.

As for the walk, it’s 15-20 mins with a CVS, 7 Eleven and an A Market on the way. We exited via the rear entrance and walked through the car park to save a bit of distance. My fastest time was 14 mins from Turnstiles to the Hotel. It’s about 5-10 mins longer via the Downtown Disney entrance but this can have shorter lines at security (unless ROTR has changed things). On a couple of occasions, we got a rideshare to the Disneyland Hotel ($6-$7) and walked from there in under 10 mins.

Make sure you download the app and check in online. You will get a variety of rooms to choose from in your category and can enable the digital key on your smartphone. Very convenient.

Thanks everyone for the tips! Valet parking sounds the easiest and so convenient since they will charge for you!

For the walk, it sounds like the morning walk will be fine. If we're too tired in the evening, I guess we can Uber or take the shuttle to Toy Story lot. I'm excited! We got a great price and it should be a bit nicer then the motels on Harbor we usually stay in.

We really like that the valet controls the charger. Prevents people from hogging the chargers and not moving after they are fully charged. We have seen this at other hotels before.

Hope you have a great trip!

You have to walk around to the DTD entrance by the Disneyland hotel.

What streets are you walking on, to make that (or leaving by way of the grand) closer than just walking along harbor?

I leave the hotel, get to harbor, and walk on up.

What streets are you walking on, to make that (or leaving by way of the grand) closer than just walking along harbor?

I leave the hotel, get to harbor, and walk on up.
We usually walk up Disneyland drive and over to the DLH security entrance. Never thought to go up harbor. We usually exit the hotel by the convention center head down Katella towards Disneyland drive. Now I want to map which way is faster! Lol.

Definitely faster via Harbour, by at least 5-10 mins. We did both several times at Christmas.
We went to the DLH side to avoid anticipated long lines at Harbour security (caught Lyft a couple of times to DLH). Then when leaving we would exit via Harbour unless we had wandered through DTD, then we’d just exit at the DLH side as from there it’s about the same.
BTW, the long security lines at Harbour never happened when we were there, even on EMH/MM. Dates were Dec 21st to 26th. When we were leaving on the 27th, the crowds had arrived en masse, the streets and footpaths were jam packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter