• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

charge on my cc for adr's?

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
I had my sixty days out this week and i c on my credit card there is a charge from disney for i'm assuming adr's ? I did my adr's and now there is a $150 and change charge. For what? It's no special event or special dining that i'm aware of...just the usual i think?

Maybe you booked a character meal or a special event without realizing it. Usually it requires every guest name in advance.
If it is just a regular reservation every guest name is not required in advance to complete .
It makes me nervous to doublecheck the dates too because of the cancel policy.

so there's a charge for it. i didn't realize. ok. thank you so much. not sure, should i cancel? it's just for lunch.

I booked Cinderella's this morning for a breakfast and was charged over $100 for 2. Breakfast is only $42 now so do they include the gratuity when you book?

I cancelled it. just not worth being tied to such an expensive committment when i just wanted a nice salad for lunch in a theme park. thanks for helping!

We had lunch at CRT on 8/14 and really enjoyed it. I had forgotten gratuity was included when I prepaid and it felt funny not leaving something for the waitress. I even asked the assistant waiter how to leave gratuity. It was the only meal all week DS6 asked to repeat.

I cancelled it. just not worth being tied to such an expensive committment when i just wanted a nice salad for lunch in a theme park. thanks for helping!

It’s a 3 course meal prix fixe menu. The lunch & dinner menus are the same. No option to just order a salad. You could just eat the salad, but everyone at the table is charged full price, regardless of what you eat. So probably a good call to cancel.

Last edited:
It is quite a lovely experience. I don't know why you made an ADR in the first place, but you and you child or other may really enjoy it. Why don't you read about it before cancelling. After all, how often do you get to eat i a castle? (And the Beauty & Beast dining is no comparison.) It is worth keeping, and a memory you will have for years.
Your confirmation email shows the breakdown of charge & gratuity.

You said in your original post : " It's no special event or special dining that i'm aware of...just the usual i think?" If you really think Cinderella's Royal Table is no special event or special dining, maybe you should cancel. You may not enjoy it.

I just want to say it’s NOT a castle just a building made to look like one for a fictional character.

Sometimes we get into the hype of the moment and then wake up realizing the experience is not for us.
No biggie. The OP canceled her ADR leaving it open for someone else.

It is quite a lovely experience. I don't know why you made an ADR in the first place, but you and you child or other may really enjoy it. Why don't you read about it before cancelling. After all, how often do you get to eat i a castle? (And the Beauty & Beast dining is no comparison.) It is worth keeping, and a memory you will have for years.
Your confirmation email shows the breakdown of charge & gratuity.

You said in your original post : " It's no special event or special dining that i'm aware of...just the usual i think?" If you really think Cinderella's Royal Table is no special event or special dining, maybe you should cancel. You may not enjoy it.
Yes, thank you. I said that in the original thread when I didn't know why I was charged the money at all. I was referring to 'special event' as in a dessert party or a character buffet, something like that. It was made for just me and my husband, no child involved. but thank you for taking the time to let me know how much you enjoyed it, it's very nice of you!

Yes, thank you. I said that in the original thread when I didn't know why I was charged the money at all. I was referring to 'special event' as in a dessert party or a character buffet, something like that. It was made for just me and my husband, no child involved. but thank you for taking the time to let me know how much you enjoyed it, it's very nice of you!
I hope you really enjoy it. It is beautiful, and an experience to remember for Disney fans.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...turn-of-breakfast-at-cinderellas-royal-table/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter