Characters vs. Pin Traders: It's Heated War! A Pixie-Dusted Nerdventure (COMPLETE)

Fault in Our Stars reference I believe? ;)

Yeah, pretty much if Peter Pan has a wait of 20 minutes, you just get in line. Doesn't matter what your plans were.

Haunted Mansion is always perfect. And your selfie with the bust was completely on point.

Disney delirium is the best! You really can't describe why you feel the way you do or why you're acting that way.

That really stinks about how Nate was feeling. It's a difficult position to be in, that's for sure.

Hi Timmy! Hope finals went well; mine JUST finished today so I can come back to the DIS!

Hey Courtney! Finals went... ok. I think I did really well on one and the other was not so hot. Now I have a take home final to finish and I'm DONE.

Looks like a super fun night at MK! Mr. Toad handing the deed to Owl is my favorite part of the Winnie the Pooh ride. And Philharmagic is perfection.

It was very fun! Love that little hidden gem on Pooh, always look for it. And yes, yes indeed perfection.

Oh no :( that's so awful that Nate got so sick!! I hope he felt better ASAP though!!!

Thanks Courtney! He did get better, but we did have to change some plans I'll let you know.

I want an Yzma pin!!! I never see Emperor's New Groove pins so now that I know that exists I'll have to keep an eye out.

Haha, totally! She comes in a lovely set with other villains.

Fault in Our Stars reference I believe? ;)

Yup :teeth: You are now my new BFF... officially.

Yeah, pretty much if Peter Pan has a wait of 20 minutes, you just get in line. Doesn't matter what your plans were.

Exactly. PPF <3

Haunted Mansion is always perfect. And your selfie with the bust was completely on point.

IT IS! And thank you. I don't fool around when it comes to selfies.

Disney delirium is the best! You really can't describe why you feel the way you do or why you're acting that way.

Totally! Uggghhhh, I could use some delirium right now. All I'm saying.

That really stinks about how Nate was feeling. It's a difficult position to be in, that's for sure.

Yeah, he did feel better eventually, but did put a damper on things for a moment and led to a change of plans. He got better after a good night's sleep and that's all that matters.

IM SO SAD YOU DIDNT GET TO EXPERIENCE THE MINE TRAIN but so happy that you got to go on Peter Pan's Flight and the Haunted Mansion!!!

Speaking of PPF, have you seen the new queue photos yet? Ohhh my goodness. It's perfect and I cried like twice this week thinking about it.

God bless u and ur photos of the MK at night as well as ur photos of pillow pets

I'm so sorry your friend had to miss out Universal day :( but I can't wait to read about your time there!!!

Noyce pin haul and merch pics. I <3 the bowling pins and simba drawing :love:

IM SO SAD YOU DIDNT GET TO EXPERIENCE THE MINE TRAIN but so happy that you got to go on Peter Pan's Flight and the Haunted Mansion!!!

Don't be too too sad. There was still hope for us and the Mine Train.

Speaking of PPF, have you seen the new queue photos yet? Ohhh my goodness. It's perfect and I cried like twice this week thinking about it.

YES I HAVE! It looks FANTASTIC! I'm so happy they made that queue into something nicer to look at and INSIDE. I feel like I'd be more inclined to wait for the ride with the longer waits now.

God bless u and ur photos of the MK at night as well as ur photos of pillow pets

:teeth: You're welcome.

I'm so sorry your friend had to miss out Universal day :( but I can't wait to read about your time there!!!

I didn't say he was definitely missing out, but it really did feel like he would at this point. ;)

Noyce pin haul and merch pics. I <3 the bowling pins and simba drawing :love:

Thank you! They are actually potion bottles, but everyone thinks they're bowling pins (I did until I was told otherwise), which is pretty funny actually lol

Finals: Check. Final papers/projects/etc.: Check. Home for the Holidays: Check.

What else must I do?

Update!

Check.

:santa: Happy Holidays everyone! Hope yours are extra wonderful! :santa:

Once Upon A Spontaneous Solo Adventure Part I
June 25th, 2014

Another morning and yet another alarm failure. My alarm went off, but I didn't awake and was thus awoken by my trip partner.

Now, it was the moment of truth...

Nate was saying he was feeling slightly better, not entirely great, but I knew he didn't want to miss much else so he was going to power on. My late wake up made it very inefficient to visit Universal so after much deliberation we decided to move our Universal day to Friday, our last ADR, which would allow Nate more time to recoup without having to worry about being so far away from our home for the week. This meant that we'd end up having to go later after our breakfast ADR on Friday and our Anna & Elsa FP+ along with the two other ones (of which I don't remember since the Anna & Elsa one was the hardest to acquire) would have no purpose. It also meant our last full day in Disney would happen a day early, which I admit felt strange, but we still had that last half day so I wasn't complaining.

For today, we were still in Disney and had no plans so I was totally ready to slow down having already managed to visit three of the four parks. After a quick changing out our pajamas, packing and getting all our pins together, we were out there and headed to Landscape of Flavors for breakfast.

Some photos along that journey:

At Landscape of Flavors, I got:

Character Waffles with Fruit and Sausages

I also used my DP credit for a refillable mug. I went with red this time:

Not a fan of this RFID chip system.

Nate's choice for breakfast:

Same as me, except he got bacon instead of sausages

He also got his refillable mug. He was all about that blue life:

I'm blue dabadee dabadye dabadee dabadye

I wasn't crazy about my breakfast. I came in with high expectations and was first and foremost disappointed by the lack of the strawberries smothered in strawberry sauce on top of my waffles. I really enjoyed those back at All Star Music and was unhappy it wasn't the same here. Generally I'm not a big fan of waffles or breakfast in general (I'm pretty sure I've only had breakfast twice during college thus far) and the usual fare doesn't cut it. Usually the waffles still make up for it, but these waffles were a bit too crispy and kinda burnt. *sigh* The sausages were great. Love sausages and Disney had them perfectly heated so they get props for that. YAY!

I didn't really get Nate's opinion, but he didn't seem all that enthused either. The bacon was good I feel he told me.

We didn't spend a heck of a ton of time eating during breakfast, but talking about our move for the day. Nate had his heart set on visiting Magic Kingdom to trade with Scoop Sanderson and seeing his Australian friends he made the day before. I wasn't really feeling any of that and I had yet to see Animal Kingdom or my beloved Everest so I wanted to go there.

It was settled then, we'd split!

This actually went over a lot quicker than I expected. I think Nate and I realized early on we both had two vastly different ideas for what we wanted to accomplish this trip and in some ways the ideas clashed. It was about time we split up to do our own thing before we were at each other's throats over decisions.

And thus, we were off!

I love the sleekness of the new motorcoaches! The design is much improved from the old ones.

I believe Nate hopped in line to get on this bus. These were the busses that we got sometimes throughout the trip.

I had a little bit of waiting and ended up being only one of a few people going to Animal Kingdom. I was surprised, but I'm sure I'd still hit some "a little time after opening" crowds.

Eventually following a fairly uneventful bus ride, I came face-to-face with this:

Continued Here

Once Upon A Spontaneous Solo Adventure Part II
June 25th, 2014

I had arrived and was ready to take on Animal Kingdom. All. By. Myself.

Note the dragon in the bunch. This is a reference to the long forgotten Beastly Kingdom that was supposed to exist where Avatarland is going.

I set my course for Expedition Everest and although I grabbed a map, I was determined to navigate Animal Kingdom without the assistance of one as I hadn't been able to in the past. I decided to head straight through the Oasis for Discovery Island to check out the wait for It's Tough to be a Bug.

Be still my heart.

ITTBAB had around a 10/15 minute wait, which is longer than what I'm used to, but I decided to hop in line because I had a feeling most of it was just walking anyways. I also saw a tour group on my tail so I had to make a quick decision. I noted that Dug & Russell were out before I bolted into the queue.

I love all the musical puns and references in the waiting area. They are hysterical.

I freaked a little over this one (basically to the point I started shoving people to get closer to get a decent photo). One of my newest faves!

Time to go in, but first... lemme take a selfie!

I wasn't very thrilled with ITTBAB this time as I had been in the past. It lost a bit of its thrill factor. Probably might've been the fact that I was by myself and didn't have anyone to laugh at when they freaked out over everything (I did laugh at the people who did freak out because how can you not, but it wasn't the same) or that I had been totally amazed by PhilharMagic last night. Whatever it was, I left slightly let-down. Also, the Hopper animatronic was GONE. All we heard was his voice and it made that whole scene not as terrifying because we didn't have his extremely dramatic entrance. I also recall some of the Black Widows not coming down. Honestly, this ride needs a well-deserved refurb.

Oh well, I still enjoyed it. It just didn't feel as fulfilling an experience as it had in the past.

Moving along, I stopped to admire some of the lovely details of the Tree of Life as well as the various surrounding wildlife.

Right as I hopped out of the exit and entrance area for ITTBAB, I got right in line for what became my favorite meet and greet of the trip. Stay tuned for that!

Continued Here

Hope you had a magical Christmas, Timmy!!! Maybe next year we'll see each other on Christmas in WDW :goodvibes

I'm sorry the waffles weren't good :( they are adorable, though!

Solo time can be super fun. At the end of my last trip I needed a little time away from my family and went off on my own, and I had a great time!

Who has two thumbs and would much prefer dragons over Avatar? THIS GIRLLLLLL

I've never done ITTBAB because I feel like I'd get freaked out and not in a good way. But that Beauty and the Bees poster is too great :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about the meet and greet!!!

Hope you had a magical Christmas, Timmy!!! Maybe next year we'll see each other on Christmas in WDW :goodvibes

Thanks Courtney, it was. Hope yours was magical too! :) Hopefully, I can't believe we get to apply in little over a month. :eek:

I'm sorry the waffles weren't good :( they are adorable, though!

Yeah, I'm not the biggest waffle fans and I guess I was disappointed there were no candied strawberries. Yes, they were cute though.

Solo time can be super fun. At the end of my last trip I needed a little time away from my family and went off on my own, and I had a great time!

It is! It's necessary too since you can do whatever you want without worrying about what other people want to do and get a lot more done.

Who has two thumbs and would much prefer dragons over Avatar? THIS GIRLLLLLL

SAME! Although the plans for Avatar look great so far.

I've never done ITTBAB because I feel like I'd get freaked out and not in a good way. But that Beauty and the Bees poster is too great :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about the meet and greet!!!

Yeah, it's pretty freaky on the first time, but it's fun in that regard when you're with other people. We'll have to do it that in the fall too. :thumbsup2 OMG YES, The Dung and I is my favorite. "...bounced off the stage and nearly brought the house down." :rotfl:

Hello lovely readers!

I just wanted to make a PSA for the latest Disney movie, Into The Woods, because it is AMAZING and EVERYONE needs to see it. Please do yourself a favor and go see it that is all.

Oh and for those who have read my TRs before, yes, there is a sort of "Christmas Day Update" on the way. I did a bit differently this year and it's taking longer than expected so it might be awhile.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and has a very happy New Year!

I Did The Wilderness Explorer Call With Russell! Among Other Things Part I
June 25th, 2014

I had a feeling when I got in line for this that I might end up being cut off because it seemed they had been out there since I got on ITTBAB. About halfway through my wait, the Character Attendant did give us a whole spiel about how these Dug and Russell would need to take a break soon and be back in a few minutes (I can never remember what their little stories are). Usually this would be a bit disheartening, but I had time and I only just got to the park so whatever I'd wait it out.

Luckily, my decision to stick it out was in good faith because a few people did leave the line allowing me the chance to meet the duo. And, to be perfectly honest, this meet and greet would have STILL been worth it had they left and come back. Dug and Russell are... EVERYTHING!

I cannot even with these photos. I cannot.

The Photopass photographer as well as the Character Attendant were just so on-point with these photos I don't think a description is needed of how incredibly perfect this M&G was but here's how it went down. Immediately as I walked up, Dug came bounding over and pulled me right into a hug in which he took the opportunity to "lick" me. I gave the Character Attendant my camera and Dug my autograph book so I could go give Russell a hug.

Then, right as we broke our embrace...

I

DID

THE

WILDERNESS

EXPLORER

CALL

WITH

RUSSELL!

:cool1:

It was unreal. I didn't even plan this out. I just immediately held out my fingers in the W shape and we went right into it. I screwed up a bit, but Russell and the character attendant caught me so it was perfect. I also got a high-five, which I guess means I'm an official Wilderness Explorer by way of Russell's stamp of approval.

There was a little lull before we got our photo together (in which Dug and Russell wanted me to do the Wilderness Explorer sign, but I wasn't sure what to do with my autograph book so that didn't really happen...) while Russell signed my autograph book. It was honestly a perfect M&G, but then as I said goodbye to my new pals with hugs, I held Dug in close and yelled "SQUIRREL!" to which he just ran off into the queue looking for one. It was super cute and right before I left (after making sure Photopass put the photos he got on my Magic Band), I whispered in his ear, "Gotcha!" and was gone. The magic was real and I couldn't have been happier.

I was now ready to take on the world! Or in this case: Asia!

And why was I in Asia?

To ride my beloved Everest, of course!

I tried to line them up... didn't work out too well.

Then, the tour groups appeared! (They were fairly omnipresent on this day.) I hadn't really dealt with them much, but luckily, they are a group who always hits up standby lines rather than strategize with the single rider or Fast Pass. I knew the wait for Everest might be a bit long so single rider it was!

There was still a bit of a wait, but not bad. I took a photo when I wasn't so distracted by the waiting.

Eventually I made it to the front and was put with another single rider. He was kinda cute so I stayed quiet or tried to since I didn't want to embarrass myself with the crazy shrieks that come out of my mouth on roller coasters. In the end, he actually was pretty vocal on the ride so my excitement and thrill didn't have to be as subdued. Also, THE TRACK WAS BACK! And I might be hanging on false hopes again, but it looked like the Yeti moved a little. Not the crazy swinging from circa 2007, but a very small movement. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. Whatever. Here's the ride photo:

Yes, I am the one with my hands in the air. Always.

And consensus on Everest after three plus years of deprivation...

It's still the bee's knees.

And look at this awesome photo I got on my way out:

Can you say 'impeccable timing'?

Also, some cool Yeti art!

The theming around Expedition Everest is incredible. I could go on and on about how lovely this attraction is. But I had so much more Animal Kingdom to see beyond Asia... C'mon and join the adventure, the party's begin! We're jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one! (RIP Jammin' Jungle :'( )

Where to next?

Definitely, not where this is going...

So much no.

Oh, but wait I've arrived at a stop sign!

Dino-Rama? Why not!

Continued Here

In case this update page hops, I apologize now.

I Did The Wilderness Explorer Call With Russell! Among Other Things Part II
June 25th, 2014

To Primeval Whirl or to not?

Probably not. No reason to spend my solo adventure with bruises all over.

Precious

Colorful, but I have another destination in mind. TTFN, Dino-Rama!

Where am I actually going though?

This seems more my speed.

Yup, let's go get that dino!

Before we do that, let's check the wait:

If my deciphering photos of electronic wait time skills is correct, that time is 45 minutes. Ehhhhh, not really what I was looking for. Maybe some other time, Seeker.

I'll take some more photos to hold me over until then:

Maybe back to Dino-Rama?

Nahhhh.

I did however see Goofy and Pluto were out from this location and thought I should visit them. I hadn't seen my boy yet this trip so it was about time. It was edging close to 12, which is when I was going to start to get ready to head out by 1 so I could ensure I'd be at MK in time for Festival of Fantasy. I probably was being overly neurotic, I just was really hoping to be at the bus by or a tad before 1. I still waited for a few minutes for Goofy and Pluto, but the line just refused to move. It did not move and it was getting obnoxious for my over-neuroticism. Eventually, I got out and started heading back into the crowd for the entrance.

I am on my way... I can go the distance!

#determination

Oh the crowds. :headache: Well, at least I knew I was headed in the right direction.

On my way out, I decided to stop in Island Mercantile and see if there was anything in there that piqued my interest.

I ended up wandering in there for awhile. I usually don't do a lot of things on my own, especially shopping so it felt weird not having someone else to share their opinions or to at least talk to. I didn't buy anything, but I spotted the pillow pets and I really wanted to get the Pluto one. However, I knew it would be expensive and would be better bought at the end of the trip when I was more concerned about the amount of money I was spending.

I eventually left and made my final exit from the park.

Goodbye Animal Kingdom, it's been real!

Sad to say, that was my final exit. Nate and I never ended up going back together. No DINOSAUR this trip. No redemption for the amount of times I could've seen Festival of the Lion King. No safari for the first time in forever. No return to Primeval Whirl. Nothing. It was sad to say the least, but hopefully I'll be back soon enough to take care of all of that and more. Everything happens for a reason and my cut-short Animal Kingdom adventures were far from a loss, just a change in touring strategy.

Now, where is my bus stop?

Oh, DUR! Why do I even ask myself these questions?

I predicted that if I hadn't come early, the bus would take forever and I'd miss Festival of Fantasy today. Not that I wouldn't have other opportunities, but today I was really hoping that today would be the day. The bus came very quickly and all my fears about missing the parade.

There is quite the bus ride ahead of this though. Enjoy this video of me walking out of DAK from a few moments earlier and summing up the solo adventures then... well, watch: http://youtu.be/4BHimNAXP1E

Continued Here

Busy time of year, just catching up.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas. :santa: Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year!:tink:

Now on to the good part. Burnt waffles....yuck...just can't get over that. Waffles are not difficult to make.

I also did a solo to AK, loved the freedom of doing what I wanted. If I didn't already know you made it to IoA and Universal I would be sooooo sad for you. But since I've 'read ahead' ;)this solo trip to AK probably was a good thing.

WHAT??? Only one ride on EE??? However the meet and greet with Dug and Russell was the BEST! Adorable:thumbsup2

Is it just me or is the area with Primeval Whirl reminiscent of a bad carnival?

Can't wait to hear your Christmas tales/update from this year, it's always interesting.

Busy time of year, just catching up.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas. :santa: Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year!:tink:

Thank you, it very much was and the same to you to Tink! Hope you have a fab 2015!

Now on to the good part. Burnt waffles....yuck...just can't get over that. Waffles are not difficult to make.

Yeah, if I recall the lady who was making them looked a little disgruntled. Might explain some things.

I also did a solo to AK, loved the freedom of doing what I wanted. If I didn't already know you made it to IoA and Universal I would be sooooo sad for you. But since I've 'read ahead' ;)this solo trip to AK probably was a good thing.

It really is so much fun. I'd love to take an entire solo trip one day. And yes, this was definitely a good little excursion considering some things that happened at Universal.

WHAT??? Only one ride on EE??? However the meet and greet with Dug and Russell was the BEST! Adorable:thumbsup2

Yeah, unfortunately. I'm definitely going to have to marathon that ride one day lol And YES, yes it was. They became my faves of the trip. :goodvibes

Is it just me or is the area with Primeval Whirl reminiscent of a bad carnival?

Can't wait to hear your Christmas tales/update from this year, it's always interesting.

Hmmm, not really. It's very much a carnival, but with the Disney touch so everything is very nice and pristine. The only thing is Primeval Whirl is killer on the hips. :/

I actually did something a little different for that update. Hope you'll all enjoy it! :teeth:

Hello gorgeous people who read my TRs!

^_^ HAPPY 2015!!! Wishing all of y'all the best new year ever! ^_^

I know some of you who have read my past TRs and PTRs are wondering where my annual Christmas update is. Well... I didn't exactly do one this year. It usually was a very time consuming update and with how much I was doing around Christmastime, I decided to do another route and... MAKE A VIDEO! If you're following my YouTube vlog, you probably already saw this video (which I doubt since I only have five subscribers lol), but if not, I did a Christmas haul video with my sister Alyssa. I'm also doing a second one with gifts I got after Christmas as well as a review of INTO THE WOODS (which if you still haven't heeded to my recommendation, you should do that now) and... an introduction on the DCP since I'll be applying soon AS IN TWO WEEKS SOON! Applications drop in February and I am getting so amped and ready for it so I thought since I probably won't be able to make as many vlogs when I get back to school that I'd do one beforehand about some pre-application things for the DCP. It's getting so surreal right now and I'm filled with so many emotions just about applying. asofjaovhaotuoatu I CAN'T WAIT!

For now, here is the Christmas Haul video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMPOQOyotRE (I will also be putting this link under the miscellaneous section of the table of contents)

And here is the update. Enjoy and have a magical day!

Scoop Meets His Match: A Climax in the War on Pins Part I
June 25th, 2014

An uneventful bus ride behind me, I returned to the Magic Kingdom except still flying solo...

I decided to keep this solo adventure going a bit longer for a laid back venture around the kingdom. I decided to set my destination for Adventureland (either that or I thought Nate had texted me that he was in Adventureland... either way, that was where I went).

I think a selfie with the castle is in order because... well, you know...

PHOTOBOMB!

Time for some window shopping!

Why yes, I will buy BOTH of these! :goodvibes

I noticed right about then that the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Dance Party was going on. I decided to investigate further and was drawn further into the grasp of the Castle (not that I ever left it):

Why so beautiful?

It was CONGA TIME! I was seriously considering joining in, but I felt a bit out of place among who I saw in the crowd so I decided to bypass, but I got a few photos:

Lumiere was throwing me way too much shade. I was really feeling Cogsworth's aggravation. What a hot head!

I then headed into Adventureland!

Okay, not exactly. I took a more scenic route...

Seriously, what do you expect? Onward we go to Liberty Square!

Maybe I'll check this one out later...

And into Frontierland!

Note: It was open again.

I eventually decided to take a rest in the seating area near Golden Oak Outpost. I hadn't pin traded all morning and I didn't really put my lanyard together for the day so what better time then now to do that! A Tour Group was coming by so it also helped in dodging them:

Of course, they didn't even stop to admire my pins or anything. Yeah, real classy guys. (;

Continued Here

Scoop Meets His Match: A Climax in the War on Pins Part II
June 25th, 2014

I eventually called Nate to ask of his current location. Although it seemed he was hoping to give me a rundown of his morning, his current location had changed drastically to Main Street where he said he went to First Aid. Once my pins were all set and my lanyard was on, I finished off my Adventureland loop, rushing right through the land itself.

Took a quick tiki selfie before I made my way out:

I also said a quick hello to an old friend:

Oooohhh, the memories!

I found the First Aid area and waited around there for a little bit.

Nate showed up after a quick moment of waiting and had no sooner gone in about his morning. He definitely seemed in better spirits which was definitely a good thing. He told me he had run into his friends from Australia that he met the day before again who let him know that Scoop was indeed on Main Street and not longer after, he ran into Scoop who let him do a quick trade with him (Apparently he had a news thing he had to film that morning). He then rode Stitch's Great Escape on his own and finally went to find me. He told me Scoop would probably be out and about now. I wasn't really rearing to meet the guy, but he seemed like a big personality that you don't always run into and I had nothing better to do so back onto Main Street we continued, finishing my loop completely. And thus ended my solo adventures...

OMG, but look at this perfection!

Nate asked if I wanted a photo with the sign, but that was all I needed. Definitely one of my favorite photos EVER of the castle!

Anyways, back to Main Street!

Some more window shopping!

Oh how I look forward to the day I get to don one of those badges! *crossing fingers even tighter*

Eck. Anna and Elsa balloons... EVERYWHERE. Eck.

It was about now that Nate spotted his friends across the street along with Scoop who were congregated outside of the Confectionery. They were both very nice and had the most lovely accents. I'm more of an anglophile myself, but accents are accents. If only I had one... anyways.

Scoop was busy talking to other people and he eventually got to me where I introduced myself. Wow, he is quite the character! And so dapper. Big on the old school charm and I knew in that moment of introductions, this was going to be a pin trade I wouldn't soon forget.

He turned away from me for a moment to do some trades with the other people who got there before us. Some took longer than others and I began to scout out what I would trade. He had quite the selection of pins from ones he flaunts on his hat, took a ginormous layer around his neck (that he contains in his slacks... try not to think about that too much) and then some little pads attached to his belt. It was so much to choose from and he had some WICKED cool pins. The first one I noticed was a Walt pin on one of the pads and I knew I had to get that.

He came around to me and this is how the trade went down from a third person standpoint (don't quote/not exact verbatim):

Scoop - "Alright Tim..."

Me - "Ummm, can I see your Walt pin on your side pocket?"

Scoop - "No."

*Timmy looks at him confusedly*

Nate (whispering) - "You have to ask him if you can trade with him, first."

*Timmy has a moment of realization, but doesn't seem totally down with the idea*

Timmy - "Oh! May I trade with you Scoop?"

Scoop - "You certainly may."

Timmy - "Thank you. May I see that Walt pin on your pad now?"

Scoop - "No."

*cue Timmy frustration*

Nate (whispering) - "Say please."

*cue more Timmy frustration*

*Scoop moves on to another person*

Eventually Scoop got back to me. I was still frustrated with the over abundance of manners and questions I had to ask to trade a pin. IT'S A PIN! Nate wasn't helping in the slightest, who is total opposite of me and super overly polite (even Scoop was asking him to stop calling him Mr. Scoop). Then, Scoop was starting to get quite sassy with me.

*moves on to other person who convinces Scoop to pull out his pad*

*person trades for Walt pin*

Scoop - There's that Walt pin you were looking for Timmy!

It was on.

Fast forward to our next conversation...

Scoop - Alright, are you ready now Timmy?

Timmy - Well, I'm not sure I should give you the satisfaction of a trade.

*crowd 'Ooos'*

*Timmy obliges to trade*

Timmy - May I trade with you please?

Scoop - Yes, you may.

Timmy - *looks and sees nerdy Mickey pin* Can I have the nerdy Mickey pin?

Scoop - You can't have it, but you can trade me for it.

*cue more Timmy frustration*

*Scoop and Timmy trade*

Scoop - Anything else?

Timmy - *looks quickly and sees cool Tink pin* Can I have that Tink pin?

Scoop - You can't have, but you can trade me for it.

*Timmy is done*

*trades*

Timmy - Thanks Scoop!

Nate - Thanks Mr. Scoop!

And that was that. In the end, I didn't really end up with that great of pins. My Tink one was pretty cool, but I wasn't sure if it was real or not so I traded it away later on. Nate got this awesome stand up Minnie in a princess dress that I've never seen before. It was wicked neat, unfortunately, it fell off A LOT and had to be put away for safe keeping.

Until next time Scoop and hopefully we'll get a photo together... or not.

After we had finished with Scoop and bid farewell to Nate's Australian friends, I noticed that Dream Along With Mickey was happening.

"Look to the skies and find a dream..."

I cannot believe I have yet to really stop and watch this show all the way through. I almost did in 2010, but we had just arrived in Magic Kingdom so it wasn't exactly a priority for any of us, myself included. I mean, it was also the first time I had seen the place too. It felt so so so so magical and classic Disney, I knew I had to make a point to watch it fully one day. If I hadn't only caught the finale at this point, I would've stayed and watched, but we weren't in the mood for crowd dodging so Nate and I went off in search of another way to kill time.

Continued Here

DCP APPLICATIONS *breathes heavily into brown paper bag* That's all I have to say about that.

Looks like a lovely mosey around the Kingdom!

CRYSTAL PALACE! God and Walt willing, I want to have brunch there on my next birthday (Dec. 30). Give me ALL the puffed French toast.

Oh geez, Scoop sounds like quite the character…sorry you didn't get the Walt pin :(

I hope you get to see Dream Along with Mickey soon!!! It's always been a tough show to see because we're there when it's soooo hot out, but it's a really adorable and fun show.

DCP APPLICATIONS *breathes heavily into brown paper bag* That's all I have to say about that.

I don't think I could've said it better myself.

Looks like a lovely mosey around the Kingdom!

CRYSTAL PALACE! God and Walt willing, I want to have brunch there on my next birthday (Dec. 30). Give me ALL the puffed French toast.

'Twas!

Oh I'd definitely have to join you for that. Never had a breakfast or lunch at CP. On my bucket list. :goodvibes

Oh geez, Scoop sounds like quite the character…sorry you didn't get the Walt pin :(

He's quite the guy! And it's alright, I wasn't torn up since I won another Walt pin prior to this trip and got it when I got home. :thumbsup2

I hope you get to see Dream Along with Mickey soon!!! It's always been a tough show to see because we're there when it's soooo hot out, but it's a really adorable and fun show.

I saw the beginning on my first trip, but haven't sat down to watch it all the way through. I'm definitely going to on my DCP... everyday. Along with Festival of Fantasy :cloud9:

:faint: Whew, I just got done binge-reading this entire TR today! I had heard about you from one of Kristen's (disneyfreak616) YouTube videos (I think the Q&A one?) and she had mentioned that you were a long-time fan of the frump TRs, so I knew I had to check you out. I certainly wasn't disappointed! I'm loving this trip report so far! Your commentary is on-point and the pictures are superb, amazing job! I totally agree with your opinion on the Frozen "takeover"/RIP Maelstrom issue. I'm excited for you to apply for the DCP, I don't know anyone who is more suited for the job! Well done, and I can't wait for the next installment. :thumbsup2

:faint: Whew, I just got done binge-reading this entire TR today! I had heard about you from one of Kristen's (disneyfreak616) YouTube videos (I think the Q&A one?) and she had mentioned that you were a long-time fan of the frump TRs, so I knew I had to check you out. I certainly wasn't disappointed! I'm loving this trip report so far! Your commentary is on-point and the pictures are superb, amazing job! I totally agree with your opinion on the Frozen "takeover"/RIP Maelstrom issue. I'm excited for you to apply for the DCP, I don't know anyone who is more suited for the job! Well done, and I can't wait for the next installment. :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, bless you for making it through that and :welcome:

Yeah! I think I must've posted a question in one of her Q&A vids. I followed along with her and Jess' TRs from the very beginning. I'm glad you decided to come find your way over here!

Wow, thank you! I can get very sidetracked and detailed so I'm glad my commentary isn't too all-over-the-place and I had a new camera for this trip so I'm glad that worked out too. :teeth:

Awww thanks! I appreciate that so much. Crossing my fingers big time that this year will be the year!

Thank you so much for reading! :mickeyjum

Almost leaving back for school so I thought an extra update wouldn't hurt, right?

Also, here's a continuation of the Christmas Haul for those curious along with an intro to something that's going to be pretty significant for me in the coming months: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcC9c2sN3aI

A Great Big Beautiful But Unproductive Way to Kill Time Part I
June 25th, 2014

On our search for ways to kill time before Festival of Fantasy, we headed towards Tomorrowland!

Nate and I decided to ride Carousel of Progress.

It was inevitably a not miss for us after it became probably the most talked about attraction amongst the chorus kids after our last trip together. Luckily, we loved it as much then as we did before and we had perfect seats for viewing. We did get kicked out of the actual "front row" because a man in an ECV needed to sit near one of those seats, but that wasn't an issue and I was more than happy to move.

After CoP, we headed out of Tomorrowland...

...And into New Fantasyland!

The Mine Train was seriously taunting me now. :P

We headed in the direction of Ariel to see if she had a decent wait.

It sadly was not the case and we marched on to Gaston's Tavern for a little break in the restroom.

Details, they make everything worthwhile!

After our quick answer to Mother Nature's call, we sat outside of Gaston's Tavern contemplating what to do next.

I didn't think we'd be able to do another ride or wait in line for a M&G, but we didn't want to go scouting for a spot too early so we needed to do something else. Eventually we settled on heading back into Fantasyland to check out some stores to see if we could find a Sven for Rishi again. Off we went!

Into Sir Mickey's, we arrived!

And out, we went!

No luck. In the search for Sven for Rishi sense. In the photo taking sense, lucky, yes, yes I was. Surprised? Don't be.

Continued Here

A Great Big Beautiful But Unproductive Way to Kill Time Part II
June 25th, 2014

We decided that instead of just wandering around, we'd finally be productive and secure a spot for Festival of Fantasy early. First, we had to say hello to the Castle!

After saying hello to the Castle, I noticed some more Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom happening.

When what to my wandering eye should appear...

CINDERELLA'S FOUNTAIN!

Love it. Smell it. Kiss it. Just don't drink from it. SO GORJ.

Oh and take a picture with it!

Apparently that kid who photobombed my photo didn't take the advice above. Moving on...

We decided to claim a spot right in front of here:

It was about a half hour until the parade started, but the rope was already up and not many people around so it was perfect timing that we decided to claim a spot. We didn't have much to do other than sit so I think I checked instagram to see if anyone was around. The crowds started to form right about then and I took a photo to IG (didn't end up IGing it) as to where I was.

About this time, Nate was getting really hot since we were directly under the sun in our spot so he hid under the overhang of Sleepy Hollow.

Soon after, the pre-parade began. A high school from Wisconsin or something was scheduled to perform before Festival of Fantasy and they were actually pretty good. I realized later that one of the people I follow on IG was in this parade. Unfortunately I never made any attempts to meet up, but I made a comment on one of her photos letting them know they did a good job.

I took a quick photo to remind myself of this happening:

Yup, still sitting.

It actually was really vacant where we were...

More people were on the other side, probably because the sun was more directed at us than them. Still, it was pretty full over there. Eventually, we did fill up and I was almost pushed out of my spot by a lady with a stroller. Yeah, sorry ma'am, I'd really like to see the parade too and there's room. No need to cut in front of me. I've been waiting longer than you.

That was of course, in the direction the photo above was taken. In the other direction, there was a Scottish family with a daughter who looked like she came straight out of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She looked like she was dressed as Tinker Bell, but changed out of most of her outfit since it was so hot out. She had a fan that squirted water and it somehow always came in my direction, which was really nice.

Eventually, after some more of holding my spot and Nate coming back to help out (he eventually got pushed behind the woman I mentioned earlier... kid's not as aggressive as moi), the announcements of the time until the parade began and I got to hear little blips of the soundtrack. I got so pumped.

At about the five minute mark, the Main Street Philharmonic paid us a visit again!

Gotta love those guys!

Then, they announced the arrival of the Grand Marshal!

This group looked like they were having the time of their life. It was really cool too to see it was basically a group of friends having fun in Disney World. No family or single couple, just a group of friends. I'm guessing this might be fairly common for the Grand Marshal to compensate for those who lose out on Family of the Day, but it still was awesome. Hope I get to be a Grand Marshal one day!

The parade was quite a ways away behind the Grand Marshal so we spent quite a bit of time waiting as the same opening sequenced played over and over again adding to my anticipation. A few of the crowd control CMs were working to get the crowd pumped up by having a scream battle between both sides of Liberty Square to see who was the loudest (and most excited)! It was really fun.

Not too long after a round or so of that, Festival of Fantasy was spotted in the distance.

It was time.

Continued Here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter