Characters in Their Holiday Attire!

rosegold:)

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We are planning a trip to Aulani during this holiday season! We went last year for the first time and had to go back during Christmas!

We are hoping to catch some of the characters wearing their holiday attire, does anyone know when they start bringing out the Christmas gear?

Thanks in advance!

I’m not 100% sure since I can’t find the dates on the video, but I’ve been watching the Tim Tracker Aulani videos from last year and I believe they were there the first week of Dec. The video shows the characters with Santa’s hats and stuff. We are traveling the week right after Thanksgiving so I remember watching the video thinking it was the week we’d be there.
Im hoping for all the holiday stuff since we skipped our normal WDW in early Dec this year for Aulani.

I would check YouTube and see people's videos from that period last year

I had to look back in my pictures to Christmas 2019 - it didn’t seem they were in costume. I have one of Mickey and Minnie in their Hawaii gear on Christmas Day. And Moana (not surprisingly) in her normal look.

Maybe we missed it or they have started doing it since then though.

I’m not 100% sure since I can’t find the dates on the video, but I’ve been watching the Tim Tracker Aulani videos from last year and I believe they were there the first week of Dec. The video shows the characters with Santa’s hats and stuff. We are traveling the week right after Thanksgiving so I remember watching the video thinking it was the week we’d be there.
Im hoping for all the holiday stuff since we skipped our normal WDW in early Dec this year for Aulani.
That is so funny! I am watching the same videos! They don't mention the date :(

I am trying to decide if we go the week after Thanksgiving too, or we might need to wait until December 1st to get their holiday costumes! The youtube video/instagram hunt continues!

I just got back from Aulani and I wanted to update this post for other character fans in the future. :)

I think each year is different, and they don't really know the characters' schedules, but this is what it was for this year (2023).

Before my trip, I called the front desk and they mentioned that the characters would be in their holiday attire from November 26 - December 31st. This would be by biggest tip, call the front desk to ask. They might say they don't know the schedule yet, but just keep trying back!

When I was there the week of the 26th the characters were in their holiday attire! Almost 100% of the time! For the 1.5 weeks that I was there, I saw Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Max, and Chip and Dale in their Aloha outfits once. Otherwise, it was all Christmas all the time!

It rained (Kona Low :( ) but do not worry, the characters either moved under covering or to the ballrooms (with a cool Aloha Kalikimaka backdrop). Also, I don't think the pools ever closed once during the Kona low, so extra wet fun :)

I hope this helps others!

Not the previous poster but I love sharing my pics. We were at Aulani 27-Dec 2. Cloudy, drizzly weather was a bit of a bummer but we still had a great time. The kids met Max, Goofy, and Olu Mel in paid events at the kids club so we didn’t look for them at the resort. We saw Mickey, Pluto and Stitch in Xmas gear but missed the line up times. DD6 is a big Duffy fan so that was the most important meet for her.IMG_2838.jpegIMG_2837.jpegIMG_2836.jpegIMG_2834.png

The characters were adorable in their holiday gear.

IMG_2839.jpegIMG_6200.jpeg

I love the Christmas character photos, especially Duffy, Olu, and Shellie May.

I always call xCHIP every morning at 8 am for the daily schedule. It was available before Aulani released the schedule on the resort TV or website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter