Characters in kids clubs/labs

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
I have looked over several navigators, and know scheduled meet and greets with characters are posted. I also know some activities in the clubs/labs include characters ,from reading over posts in these forums. Who on board can tell us which club/lab activities will have visits from characters? Those are the times we want to be sure to have our DGS in the kids programming.

You can infer this from reading the Navigators once on board. For example, "Story time with Belle", "Mickey's Puzzle Playtime", etc. Some will be during secured programming; others will be during open house time. There are also lots of ship wide activities with characters, like Character Dance Parties. You will likely run into the characters on the ship, too. They are awesome and one of the main reasons to cruise Disney IMO.

Yeah, it's usually fairly obvious, but I do think they make unannounced appearances as well.
There were times I would pick my kids up and they'd be curled up in a princess's lap reading a story.

it's usually fairly obvious, but I do think they make unannounced appearances as well.

tumblr_llyz0yHa341qii6tmo1_500.gif

Does anyone know if there are photographers there taking photos of the kids with the characters in the kid's clubs/labs?

Does anyone know if there are photographers there taking photos of the kids with the characters in the kid's clubs/labs?
In the club they sometimes do a make a photo frame, and they generally take a photo with a character then, to put in it. Apart from that I can't recall any other times.

They do sometimes in the nursery.

Thank you for the quick reply. I'd love to get photos when my kids are in the club's/labs.

Thank you for the quick reply. I'd love to get photos when my kids are in the club's/labs.
If you are sailing on the Magic/Wonder make sure to have your kids do the Friendship Rocks show at the end of the week. This is held in the Walt Disney Theater and parents get to watch. This kids are up on stage and get to dance with Mickey. They also will show a video with pictures that they have taken during the week.

I have never received a picture from the kids' club with a character. I know if you do Marvel on the magic (which tends to be during open house times) they are available through shutters, as there was a sign in the lab. But other than that I saw nothing.

Dd's favorite was one night when they had "the royal ball". Cinderella came in and taught the kids how to be princes and princesses! She was quoting "princess rules" the rest of the week. There was also another one, which I didn't see in the navigator, where the pirate fairy came in and did pirate activities. And on the Frozen night Olaf came in for the "do you want to build a snowman" activity. None of those had pictures available to the parents, but some were featured in the slide show at Friendship Rocks.

This!
If you are sailing on the Magic/Wonder make sure to have your kids do the Friendship Rocks show at the end of the week. This is held in the Walt Disney Theater and parents get to watch. This kids are up on stage and get to dance with Mickey. They also will show a video with pictures that they have taken during the week.

This! We got a message that our 4 year old was going to be in it. Then on our way we got another message that said he chose not to be in it. Since we were on our way already and with friends who had a child in it, we decided to go anyways. It was such a cute show! Plus our older son had his picture in it. So, while they weren't really in it, we at least saw his picture on the big screen.

As for characters for our Alaskan cruise last week, a couple princesses made their rounds during their story times. Pirates were there for a pirate thing. Stitch was there for it's thing. Plastic Army Men were there for boot camp. Pluto was there for the campout. I only remember seeing pictures printed for Pluto and the Army Men. My son says he never saw any other characters, which makes sense since they were in the lobby so often for photos.

We are sailing on the Dream this spring. I was hoping for pictures of my 7 yr old son with any characters that he meets in the lab/club. The new Star Wars area should be operational, and maybe they'll take photos with some Star Wars characters. Fingers crossed for that. My older 2 will have their iPods with them (I think those are permanently attached to their hands) and I know those 2 will take their own photos if there isn't a Shutters photographer there. This is our first cruise!

We are sailing on the Dream this spring. I was hoping for pictures of my 7 yr old son with any characters that he meets in the lab/club. The new Star Wars area should be operational, and maybe they'll take photos with some Star Wars characters. Fingers crossed for that. My older 2 will have their iPods with them (I think those are permanently attached to their hands) and I know those 2 will take their own photos if there isn't a Shutters photographer there. This is our first cruise!

They do not allow anyone (outside of the professional photographers or cast members) to photograph inside the clubs when the clubs are in secure mode. They also will not allow their ipods in the club if they see them (and I would recommend not allowing your children to bring them in anyways, too easy to get lost).

They do not allow anyone (outside of the professional photographers or cast members) to photograph inside the clubs when the clubs are in secure mode. They also will not allow their ipods in the club if they see them (and I would recommend not allowing your children to bring them in anyways, too easy to get lost).
I second this. My son was in the Edge and said that they didn't let them take photos. He was able to have his iTouch though. We used the App to text back and forth. This may just be allowed in the Edge/Vibe though.

I honestly don't know if the professional photographers are ever in the kids club. I've cruised twice and have never seen any pictures from the oceaneers club. Unless we just always missed it.. But my kids were there during visits from character.

I honestly don't know if the professional photographers are ever in the kids club. I've cruised twice and have never seen any pictures from the oceaneers club. Unless we just always missed it.. But my kids were there during visits from character.
The only times that I saw pictures from the clubs was on the Magic during the Friendship Rocks show. They do a video with pictures from the week.

Thank you. I didn't know that they aren't allowed to take photos in the clubs. My older 2 will be in Vibe and Edge and I'll make sure to tell them that photos aren't allowed.

I am learning so much here!

Thank you. I didn't know that they aren't allowed to take photos in the clubs. My older 2 will be in Vibe and Edge and I'll make sure to tell them that photos aren't allowed.

I am learning so much here!

You can during open house time, just not during any of the secured programming (i.e. when kids go in without their parents).

Someone is in there to take the pictures for Friendship Rocks on the Magic and Wonder. Not sure if it is a CM or shutters. And Shutters is in there for some of the Marvel stuff, though not sure if this is ever held during secured times or only open house (my dd was not interested, so we didn't check out that aspect of the clubs).

My 5 year old informs me that on the Fantasy at the Disney's Oceaneer Club, Mickey came by to visit and played some games with them. The only time we saw a character in the club otherwise was I believe during the open house.
There was a Goofy dance party that was held at one of the clubs on an at sea-day that was an absolute blast. I highly recommend attending, there was a "Dad's dance off" and I have video of my husband doing the Macarena- my husband, a solider, wouldn't dare let me publicly post it but I can just think of the video and laugh! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter