Characters in Disneyland Park

Princess minnie x

Earning My Ears
Is it just me or are there not that many characters in the parks?
When there are most people just crowd around them and you cant get any good photos!!
Resorted to character dining which was fab to meet characters (cafe mickey and Walt's)

There just doesn't seem to be anywhere near the amount you find at WDW.

No princesses etc minnie and donald were no where to be seen (although later found minnie at Disneyland otel greeting at enterance to breakfast)

Is this normal for the Paris park?

Did get lucky one night...Fantillusion was cancelled so they sent lots of characters onto mainstreet but this is not a regular event unless cancelled!!

::MinnieMo

Face characters are very scarce in DLP, because of the language differences. I'd imagine some of the magic would be lost in meeting Cinderella for the first time and finding that she doesn't actually speak the same language as you.

I've found that the best time to meet characters is in Main Street early in the morning. There were dozens of characters, and the park was practically deserted, so they were all interacting with eachother, and spent lots of time with us. We got some fantastic photos!

Originally posted by PigSoldier
Face characters are very scarce in DLP, because of the language differences. I'd imagine some of the magic would be lost in meeting Cinderella for the first time and finding that she doesn't actually speak the same language as you.

When we were in Tokyo Disneyland we met Cinderella and I was quite shocked when she spoke in a broad American accent from 'down south'!

Silly me, i never even thought of that, i suppose it makes sense really!!!

Even so...more 'furries' needed in the park please dlp

::MinnieMo

I know at one time they were sending out droves of characters at the studios to make up for the lack of attractions/ dissapointed responses from their test audience.
Off-season at the magic kingdom is the time to find dozens of characters on Main Street. Last April we had no trouble; they were everywhere and my kids were running from one to the other. Early morning seems the best time to see characters all year round though.

Claire

We thought there were loads of characters (more than at WDW) but getting to see them was another story :)

Just updating, I was there last week, and met huge numbers of characters.

All the princesses (minus Ariel for obvious reasons :p ) were outside the castle throughout the morning, as well as Gaston, Alice, The Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins. Crowds were fairly small, although there's no queueing system, so it's whoever can push their way through the crowd first who gets an autograph and a photo.

Languages weren't too much of a problem, they all spoke a few words of everything. (And we were quite suprised when Sleeping Beauty had an Essex accent!)

There were the same batch of characters wandering through the park throughout the day, curiously including Stromboli and Friar Tuck (you can guess how popular they were!), which normally included one or two of the Fab Five.

We really enjoyed meeting characters this trip, although it can be really hectic trying to meet them, having no organised queues was a lot of fun, it gave them the opportunity to run around and do all kinds of crazy things. One of the highlights of our trip was being in a tug of war contest with the penguins from Mary Poppins, with Mary herself judging. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter