Characters, Crowds and Cuisine-A Tale of the World at Spring Break!

I'm too far from Nashville to make a feasible DIS-meet. :guilty: Let me know if you plan any Knoxville DIS-meets. :lmao:

And Oopsi, I totally vote for Kouzzina! :goodvibes

Loved the update, and totally adored the picture of DH holding your DD! How precious!

And getting less than 6 hours of sleep at WDW .... I'm saying you hit the snooze button. :rotfl2:

Thank you! She's my little sweetie pie. I think I might embarrass her just a little when I cover her in kisses when I drop her off for school. :rotfl:

Do you live in Nashville? If you do, then we REALLY aren't far from each other. I live in Franklin, KY. We are right on the Tennessee line, and only about 30-45 minutes from Nashville.

I think her embarassment is just another reason for one last kiss! She has one of those sweet faces that just begs for cheek nuzzles.

I am IN Nashville....West Nashville actually. You're like a skip and hop away ;) - we have a few offices up your way in KY at the cardiology practice I work for.

I am thinking Nashvillians must unite!!! I live just 30 miles east of Nash-Vegas in Lebanon, TN. There are so many of us. Maybe we could work out a mini Dis-meet at the Opry Mills Disney Store in the next month or so. What do you all think? :confused3

I think that's a great idea!!! I had forgotten that Opry Mills had opened back up!

As above - I'm in Nashville and have a few friends in Lebanon...I am SOOOOOO excited the Disney store opened back up :cool1: It's been rough here without one close....even better that it's an outlet (I think - the one before was) I'm actually going there to check it out tommorrow - wanted to wait until the horde died down some.

A meet up would be a blast!

I think her embarassment is just another reason for one last kiss! She has one of those sweet faces that just begs for cheek nuzzles.

I am IN Nashville....West Nashville actually. You're like a skip and hop away ;) - we have a few offices up your way in KY at the cardiology practice I work for.

As above - I'm in Nashville and have a few friends in Lebanon...I am SOOOOOO excited the Disney store opened back up :cool1: It's been rough here without one close....even better that it's an outlet (I think - the one before was) I'm actually going there to check it out tommorrow - wanted to wait until the horde died down some.

A meet up would be a blast!

How cool! We are SO close to each other! A meet up is going to HAVE to happen!!

You'll have to let me know how the Disney Store is. I haven't gotten to go into one of those in FOREVER with that one being closed. I'm itching to get back in there!

I hear that it has been REALLY busy over at Opry Mills. I bet you couldn't stir all those people with a stick!

I'm taking a break from my massive "Let's Deep Clean the House While I'm Home Alone" expedition to bring you this...

Day 2...(morning)

Bright and early the next morning, we got our wake up call. After Stitch yelled at us to get up, DH and I reluctantly obeyed and began our morning rituals.

He got ready first, and began to gently coax the princess awake while I continued in my massive overhaul to make myself look presentable. Emma finally got up and was all smiles as she usually is in the mornings. I seriously wonder sometimes whose kid she really is. DH and I are NOT morning people at all. It is a known rule at work that no one should talk to me until I've had a cup of coffee and a chance to settle in for the day. :coffee:

Anywho...she hops up and her Daddy helps her to get ready while I'm still making like Fran Drescher in The Nanny, and powdering, poufing, curling, spritzing and well...you get the idea. :lmao:

Daddy goes down to fill our mugs with something to drink, and I finish getting ready for the day. I put on my shorts and my lovely royal blue top. My beloved UK Wildcats were playing our nemesis, Lousivlle, that day in the NCAA Tournament, and well...I had to be festive. So, blue donned, and lipstick on, we headed out the door. (Well...I had on lipstick. Not DD or DH. LOL) :lmao:

Early in the morning, the resort really was peaceful. Everything was still, and beautiful. Just check out this view from our room:

059-1.jpg

and this one

058-1.jpg

Yep...it was early...the lights were still on! No matter, though, we made our way over to the bus stop and didn't have to wait long for a bus. We made our way over to Hollywood Studios, and took some pictures:

060-1.jpg

061.jpg

We were one happy family to be up so darn early!

In no time flat, we arrived at HS and made our way up to the turnstyles. They were having morning EMH's this morning, and the crowds showed it. We were there a good 45 minutes before the park opened, and we were no where near the front of the lines. But, we made the best of it, and waited in line while talking to some other families around us. It's amazing how happy everyone is at the crack of dawn in Disney World. :rotfl:

063.jpg

Before long, they were letting everyone in. I had to laugh a little when people started sprinting toward their destinations only to be stopped by CM's telling them no running was allowed. We just smiled and took our time walking to TSM. We hopped in line and said hello to Mr. Potato Head, who looks somewhat possessed in this picture:

064.jpg

We didnt have to wait long though, only about 5 minutes, then it was time to ride! We had a blast, and hopped off, and went right back in line. There still wasn't really a wait, so we rode again the grabbed fast passes for after breakfast.

Emma had seen some characters out and about around the Sorcerer's Hat when we came in, so we headed in that direction to say good morning to Daisy and Donald!

Good morning you two! My, don't you look spiffy in your duds!

065.jpg

Emma got some hugs,

066.jpg

some autographs, and a lovely picture

067.jpg

Then we all decided to go on and head toward breakfast. Now we had kept alot of what we were doing a secret from Emma and planned on surprising her with something on everyday of our trip. This morning, her surprise was this:

068.jpg

We were eating with some of our Disney Jr. pals!!!

We were quite a bit early for our reservation, but they still checked us in and we sat on the benches wating to be called. Emma was so excited!

069.jpg

"Mommy! Daddy! I see OSO!!!"

We were called in very quickly, and ushered to our table. We sat down and settled in, and DH leaned in toward me. "Do you smell that? It smells like dirty diapers in here. WHAT IS THAT?" YUCK!!! :sick: It smelled TERRIBLE! We didn't say anything when the waitress came by to get our drink order, and then headed up toward the buffet. That's when we realized that it wasn't just at our table. The whole place smelled like it! WOW...someone must've have had a BAD dirty diaper. :sick: It was awful!

We didn't let it bother us though. We were determined to have a great time!

The food was your standard breakfast fare, and we filled our plates and headed back to our table. The service here was pathetic. I'm not sure what the issue was, but it took forever for us to get our drinks. No matter though. We had characters to meet!

070.jpg

071.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

and

075.jpg

Even though we had dreadful service (never got refills, and she never came back after she brought our drinks either,) we had a great time there. The singing and dancing was great and the characters were just precious. Jake and OSO came back by our table two more times before we left and OSO kissed Emma as he walked by and Jake would high five her. It was cute. :goodvibes

When we finally got our check, we settled up, and headed back out.

What would we do next? Is it show time somewhere, or is it ride time??? Emma's choice! Wonder what she would pick? Any takers??? ;)

Okay, I head to read that one line about the blue a few times .. because I thought you were saying you donned blue lipstick. :lmao: Go team? :rotfl2:

Anyway ... yikes at encountering a crowd before the gates opened. That's never fun ... but glad you were able to make do and make new friends! :goodvibes

That's awesome that you got to ride TSM twice in a row! We've never been through the regular line.

Sorry that you had a bad server and a yucky smell at H&V. We had just dined there on the 7th and had a great experience, and no offending odors! Perhaps there was an irresponsible parent who refused to interrupt their meal to change a diaper. :headache: And you definitely didn't get the server we had .. she was great! She wasn't the most on top of refills, but she did check back and kept an eye on DD for the chef and made herself available for us to flag down. I'm glad your DD got a great experience with the characters though! :lovestruc

Anxious to see what you do next! I'm thinking you went to see ... hmm... :scratchin I really don't know what's open for EMH. So I'll just guess as if all attractions are open. :lmao:

I'm thinking she'll ask for Little Mermaid. :thumbsup2

Loving your trip report so far. Your daughter is so cute! We are thinking of staying at Port Orleans on our next trip. It's so beautiful. Did you enjoy the resort?

Enjoying your trip report. I will be going on a mommy/daughter/hope to be soon daughter in law trip in may. I have never done a trip report before but I may try it. Can't wait for the next installment

Okay, I head to read that one line about the blue a few times .. because I thought you were saying you donned blue lipstick. :lmao: Go team? :rotfl2:

Anyway ... yikes at encountering a crowd before the gates opened. That's never fun ... but glad you were able to make do and make new friends! :goodvibes

That's awesome that you got to ride TSM twice in a row! We've never been through the regular line.

Sorry that you had a bad server and a yucky smell at H&V. We had just dined there on the 7th and had a great experience, and no offending odors! Perhaps there was an irresponsible parent who refused to interrupt their meal to change a diaper. :headache: And you definitely didn't get the server we had .. she was great! She wasn't the most on top of refills, but she did check back and kept an eye on DD for the chef and made herself available for us to flag down. I'm glad your DD got a great experience with the characters though! :lovestruc

Anxious to see what you do next! I'm thinking you went to see ... hmm... :scratchin I really don't know what's open for EMH. So I'll just guess as if all attractions are open. :lmao:

I'm thinking she'll ask for Little Mermaid. :thumbsup2

HAHAHAHA Liddy! Blue lipstick WOULD have been interesting, huh? Yep...GO TEAM! That was a lovely day, indeed. We won against Louisville. YIPPEE! So that meant we were headed to the championship game! (more on that later...LOL)

Yeah, we figured that someone refused to change their kid's diaper or something. Whatever it was, it was awful!

Loving your trip report so far. Your daughter is so cute! We are thinking of staying at Port Orleans on our next trip. It's so beautiful. Did you enjoy the resort?

We LOVED Port Orleans French Quarter. We've stayed there on both of our trips, and we adore it! The size of it is great, the pool is really fun, and the grounds are absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for the kind words about Emma. She's definitely a keeper. :thumbsup2 LOL. I love that little booger to pieces.

I have to say this was one of the best ptr and tr I have read in a while. Your family is so beautiful..We just got back from POFQ on Thursday and had a magical time. Thank you for reminding me of why I keep going back. Have a great day and see you soon in the Happiest place on Earth!

Enjoying your trip report. I will be going on a mommy/daughter/hope to be soon daughter in law trip in may. I have never done a trip report before but I may try it. Can't wait for the next installment

Thank you, Robin! I'm glad you're enjoying it, because I am loving writing it! Especially today, since it's giving me quite frequent breaks from my housework. I've been a busy little bee today! I've washed the sheets on our beds, along with all the blankets, AND the quilts. Man, doesn't it ever take forever when you're doing all of that! I have a setting for bedding on my washer, and the cycle is an hour and 35 minutes long! So total for both beds has been almost 8 or 9 hours of laundry. WHEW! Plus I've been dusting, rearranging, and just doing some light spring cleaning.

It's DH's birthday today too, so after I get finsihed with all of my work, I am going to make him dinner and a cake before he gets home from work. I found a recipe for a pink lemonade cake in a magazine that I was reading yesterday. I wonder if he'll mind having a pink birthday cake? :lmao:

I have to say this was one of the best ptr and tr I have read in a while. Your family is so beautiful..We just got back from POFQ on Thursday and had a magical time. Thank you for reminding me of why I keep going back. Have a great day and see you soon in the Happiest place on Earth!

Awww...thank you so much! That's so sweet!!! :blush:

I'm glad ya'll had a great time! Are you going to do a TR? I'd love to read all about it!

I hope you have a great day too!

ooooohhh! Your DHS day looks like it was so good. I can't wait to see what she wanted to do next!! Was it Star Tours??? I dunno. LOL
Sorry about the awful stinky restaraunt :( That's crumby - did it finally air out?? Or was the culprit still IN the restaraunt sitting in the thing for it to smell up the whole place and linger for so long??? LOL ew!!

ooooohhh! Your DHS day looks like it was so good. I can't wait to see what she wanted to do next!! Was it Star Tours??? I dunno. LOL
Sorry about the awful stinky restaraunt :( That's crumby - did it finally air out?? Or was the culprit still IN the restaraunt sitting in the thing for it to smell up the whole place and linger for so long??? LOL ew!!

Nope...It never aired out. I seriously do not know where it was coming from. It was gross though!

I love using the internet to assist in attention diversion...I mean rest ;)

Most people talk about sprinting to TSM so I rarely see anyone say they just WALK and get to ride standby quickly which is refreshing since that will be our lot...WHat was your RD time that day? Looks awfully early.

I love the pic of your DD trying to see in the restaurant...LET ME IN! :goodvibes

I love using the internet to assist in attention diversion...I mean rest ;)

Most people talk about sprinting to TSM so I rarely see anyone say they just WALK and get to ride standby quickly which is refreshing since that will be our lot...WHat was your RD time that day? Looks awfully early.

I love the pic of your DD trying to see in the restaurant...LET ME IN! :goodvibes

LOL...Me too!!! It's my favorite thing during "break" time LOL.

Yep, you can totally walk there and get there quickly. RD was at 8 am that morning. We got to HS early, because I had heard they had been opening up earlier than stated sometimes. So I think it was around 7:15 or 7:30 when we got there. Apparently everyone else had heard about them opening early too, because it as covered up with people! They didn't open it until right at 8 though.

After breakfast, we headed back out into the park. We told Emma we would go whever she wanted to. She just wanted to start walking and see what we could find. We took off toward the Sorcerer's Hat, and over through Animation Courtyard.

076.jpg

Any guesses as to where we are?

YEP! You got it!

079.jpg

Disney Jr. Live on Stage!

We just loved this show last year, and Emma was so excited to be seeing it again!

080.jpg

She snuggled in to watch for a bit

078.jpg

But had to do some dancing when Minnie and Mickey came out! It was time for the Hot Dog Dance!!

082.jpg

Emma collected as many gold dubloons (did I spell that right?) as she could, and we moseyed on our way out.

I was really wanting to do Little Mermaid next, but Emma wasn't feeling it. She was ready to go see The Muppets!!!

085.jpg

086.jpg

After Muppets, we walked through the Streets of America and took some pictures.

083.jpg

084.jpg

We found a little outdoor shop on one of the streets, and Emma was eager to buy something. Meet our new addition!

089.jpg

And Emma insisted upon a brief photo shoot:

088.jpg

087.jpg

It was time to head over to the Backlot Tour. We got in line, but Emma wasn't really feeling it either. She was ready to do something else. Something that I was really surprised at. She wanted to ride Star Tours! I absolutely love that ride, and didn't get to do it last trip because it was being refurbed into what it is now.

We willingly hopped out of line at the Backlot Tour and started toward Star Tours.

The wait time was not bad at all. Emma loved the queue for this ride too. She thought he talking robots were hilarious! She started to get a little nervous after she strapped herself in, but I reminded her that it was all just on a screen, and she settled down.

When it was over, and we had been told "Thank you for flying Star Tours, Buh-Bye!" we hopped off and Emma skipped through the exit. She LOVED it!!! When we exited, we noticed that Jedi Traning was in full swing, so we opted to get a snack and have a seat nearby to watch a little bit of the action.

Emma and I both got chocolate covered frozen bananas (Our favorite snack in the whole World!) and a coke to share. DH didn't really want anything much, so he sat with us and ate some of our bananas. He finishes what Emma and I don't.

We finsihed our snacks and decided it was time to head back to the room. I think we were all exhausted from getting up so early the day before, and staying up kind of late.

So, I think it was about 1:00 or so, and we were heading back to our resort.

When we got back, we filled up our mugs, and headed toward our room. Believe it or not, we actually got out of our clothes, put our pajamas back on, and laid down for a quick nap. We had to have some rest, we were all zonked!

Disney Jr. Live! I love that show! And we missed it this year. We got so busy and trying to keep up with things, I just never made it over to the show. Sigh.

So glad she loved ST! It's one of my favorites! And I love the chocolate covered bananas, too! I think I more more of mine than I ate ... :lmao:

PJs? At 1:00?? WOW! :eek: I usually just plop down in whatever I'm wearing, and if I'm lucky, kick my shoes off. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter