Characters at hotels?

LalaCoop

Mouseketeer
I have read that it's possible to meet some of the characters wandering the DLR hotel grounds, true? if so, is there a schedule, maybe available through the concierge? Is it only for guests?

I've only ever seen them at the character breakfasts at each hotel. I've never seen them out & about around the hotels, but then again I've only stayed onsite a couple times.

We saw Goofy just cruising around the grounds of DLH during our June 2013 trip. Not sure if there's a schedule, he was in his normal outfit not his Goofy's Kitchen gear, so he seemed to be there for the sole purpose of just walking around and saying hi to everybody.

You don't have to be a guest of any DLR hotel to enjoy the common areas, the only area unavailable to non-guests are the pools (and the rooms! :rotfl:) but you would probably be more likely to see him if you were staying there.

Whether this was part of Limited Time Magic or some other promotion I have no idea, as we didn't see him there for our October trip but that might just have been bad timing on our part.

Several characters wander the hotel grounds. You never know where you will find them. Goofy has assisted us out of our car, Chip and Dale have been in the registration lines, etc... I wouldn't waste my time trying to find them at the hotel if I was a non-guest, it is easier to find them in Disneyland.

1379312_10202273168534185_2107971495_n.jpg

1374934_10202273168734190_223709347_n.jpg

1380767_10202273169014197_2028373917_n.jpg

They are usually around the check in area to greet guests as they are checking into the hotel. It's not a guarantee, but that is usually when they are out. We have seen Pluto, Chip and Dale, and Goofy. It is intended for guests, but anyone is allowed to get a picture with them and such, they don't ask. But it you aren't staying at the hotel there really is no reason to go try to see them there like the previous poster mentioned it is still easier to see them at the parks. Just a nice treat for DLH guests.

Once we stopped at the DLH to do Goofy's Kitchen on the way to a trip to San Diego and DS fell asleep in the stroller right when we got to the restaurant and we didn't get to go in. So we ate at Tangeroa Terrace while he slept and when he woke up we happened to catch Goofy and Pluto on our way back to the parking lot- viola, character breakfast :lmao:

Last year we had great character interactions with balloo and rafiki At the check in area at disneyland hotel. Goofy was also walking around waving down to everyone at the pool.

We were at DLH a few weeks ago and there were characters around. It was so fun to see the kids get all excited!
They aren't on a schedule, so Concierge can't really help. They just sort of appear.

Pluto was in the lobby. Sat and watched the video with some kids who took a minute to realize what was going on!

Goofy came out to the pool and that was a hoot. The kids were just insane. He stood on the bridge and was waving. Then he went down to the pool area.

Great interactions, really fun to watch.

Previous trips I've seen characters go up to the cars as they pull in.

Ok, thanks. If there's no schedule then I won't try too hard to make it. We are going to Trader Sams one evening so I was trying to coordinate timing, if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter