Character Meals

crazy4mickey

Earning My Ears
First time going with our DD who will be 3 years the week we return from our trip...We wish to do a character meal. Would like to know which one is preferred and possibly why. Also, will they do anything special for her birtday even though it will be a week away.

Character meals are such a good time! Our favorite so far has been the Garden Grill (Epcot) for dinner. It had good "country" type food and the restaurant revolves! Also, we did celebrate my son's 1st birthday there and we got a birthday cake. The servers sang and the characters danced for him (we didn't even ask them to!)

We also recommend the Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom). You will have fun regardless, we haven't disliked any of them so far!

newclipart.gif

You can do a search and find many a poll on which is the best character meal. I would venture to say that none of them is terrible, and there is varying degrees of wonderful depending on what characters your daughter enjoys most and what type of atmosphere you like.

Our favorites are Cinderella's Royal Table and 1900 Park Fare breakfasts. We are trying 1900 Park Fare for dinner this year too based on the fact that my son is Villians nuts and that this board has recommended it highly.

The princesses are at Cindy's and the Fairy Godmother greets guests downstars. It's a great time, the girls are called Princess and the boys are called Prince. The food is all you can eat, servered plated at each setting.

1900 Park Fare features Mary Poppins and other guests. When we were there Peter Pan, Wendy (who was also at Cindy's on another visit), and Minnie. These change periodically. The meal is buffet, all you can eat, with made to order omelets and eggs. We think the food is best at this breakfast than any of the others we have tried (and we have tried all the park character meals, plus several in the resorts).

If it really matters who you will see, check Deb Wills site at www.wdwig.com. She has updated information, as well as menus for each restaurant.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter