Character meals with food allergies

Any of them are fine, the chef will talk to you when you get there. Note the allergies on your adr, and you can always call the week before.

If you mean which meals do people recommend, generally they can all handle everything.
What the allergies are can make a difference- when we went to Hollywood and vine for breakfast last August, the chef had one option if you could not have eggs, wheat, dairy and soy- it was bacon. He would not make anything custom and the wheat/egg/dairy free waffles were van's soy waffles. All the pastries and breads were wheat, there were some egg dishes and the sausage had soy... I don't remember what else was on the buffet, but it was really frustrating and pathetic. I've told this story quite a few times on this board and I can't recall any response that they were great for allergies, so I'm inclined to think this is an issue. I'm hopeful other people will have better experiences because I did notify customer service and special diets.

Every other buffet my son has gotten a huge plate full of safe foods for himself.

We only have PA and a resolving egg so we are much easier than most. We have done most character meals without issue, but many of our allergy friends do not do buffets. If you are not comfortable with a buffet, Garden Grill is a good choice. They bring platters of food to your table so cross contamination is less of an issues and less temptation for foods they can not have. Chief was good and most things were safe for our DS. Ohana Breakfast is also a character family style meal.

We like Chef Mickey's breakfast for my dairy, egg, and nut allergic DS. He always gets Mickey waffles, a variety of fruit, and LOTS of bacon. They bring his plate out from the kitchen with his own dish of maple syrup. He even once had a special allergy cupcake with breakfast. We've been 3 times with out any problems, but we've never tried lunch or dinner.

At 1900 Park Fare Chef TJ will take excellent care of you and make a special dessert.

What are your allergies?

We had friends who went on a trip with their little boy who is allergic to egg, wheat and dairy. They had buffets at Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace. They put on their ADR the allergies and called to speak directly with the chef the week before. All 3 were VERY accommodating. My best idea would be to call ahead and then arrange before you go and any of the restaurants should work.

as pp said put on ressie and remind at check in. we have done most with peanut allerg. no problems. will make you wait for chef before going to buffet and they will bring out special for your child if needs be.

1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian! The head chef there always makes the most delicious custom meals and desserts for my DD who *had* a severe dairy allergy, and *was* also allergic to eggs and peanuts. It always made her feel so special and the smile on her face would melt anybody's heart.

All Disney restaurants are good with allergies from a safety perspective, but the chef at 1900 Park Fare takes it to a different level.

***I wrote "had" and "was" above because we just had DD's annual allergy check up and her blood tests all came back with much lower levels. After her skin test, it was confirmed that she still has the dairy allergy, but she didn't react as badly as last time, but she didn't react for egg or peanut!! So in a few weeks we are going to do our first "food challenge" for egg. And if that goes well, try one for peanut. I'm so excited that maybe she is actually finally starting to outgrowth her allergies. (Fingers Crossed!!!)

FYI about 1900 PF. Chef TJ is out on some kind of leave at the moment. I couldn't find out how long he'd be out. While the chefs currently there do take care of allergies, it's not the Chef TJ experience by any means including the dessert. The desserts we got a couple weeks ago were pretty but they were just fancy presentations of Enjoy Life cookies, Tofutti ice cream, Mickey sprinkles and chocolate sauce. The meal was basically a matter of us having to say what we wanted and them items were slapped on a plate. Totally not a Chef TJ experience. The food tasted good and was plentiful but not what we were expecting.

FYI about 1900 PF. Chef TJ is out on some kind of leave at the moment. I couldn't find out how long he'd be out. While the chefs currently there do take care of allergies, it's not the Chef TJ experience by any means including the dessert. The desserts we got a couple weeks ago were pretty but they were just fancy presentations of Enjoy Life cookies, Tofutti ice cream, Mickey sprinkles and chocolate sauce. The meal was basically a matter of us having to say what we wanted and them items were slapped on a plate. Totally not a Chef TJ experience. The food tasted good and was plentiful but not what we were expecting.

Oh No!! I hope everything is okay with him. I honestly cannot express how much I appreciated the meals he would create for my daughter. She is used to having to go without or having a boring cookie or sorbet, and when she saw this magical creation that he created for her she was literally beaming!!

***I wrote "had" and "was" above because we just had DD's annual allergy check up and her blood tests all came back with much lower levels. After her skin test, it was confirmed that she still has the dairy allergy, but she didn't react as badly as last time, but she didn't react for egg or peanut!! So in a few weeks we are going to do our first "food challenge" for egg. And if that goes well, try one for peanut. I'm so excited that maybe she is actually finally starting to outgrowth her allergies. (Fingers Crossed!!!)

Do you mind if I ask how old your daughter is? DS4 has PA & SEVERE egg, and we keep our fingers crossed with every test...oddly it is the peanut that's going down but we're holding out hope for egg, and dreaming of the day we can have mayonnaise again!

Do you mind if I ask how old your daughter is? DS4 has PA & SEVERE egg, and we keep our fingers crossed with every test...oddly it is the peanut that's going down but we're holding out hope for egg, and dreaming of the day we can have mayonnaise again!

She is 3 1/2 and diagnosed with a severe egg allergy when she was around 8 months old and we had to rush her to the emergency room from a restaurant where we were eating brunch. She didn't directly ingest any eggs, but she had a sip from my water glass and I was having eggs. Another emergency trip later, and we learned she was severely allergic to milk, too. (And then she "tested" positive for PA, but we had never given it to her.)

I vividly remember sitting in her allergist's office when she was 9 months old and her allergist telling me that she was hopeful she would outgrow it "soon." I thought, great, "soon" is like, what, 6 months? She said no, about 4 or 5 YEARS. :(

That seemed like so long ago and every year we saw little to no improvement (if not worsening of symptoms). Finally, this year all of her levels DRASTICALLY improved such that we get to do the egg challenge and, if that goes well, a peanut challenge. She is still allergic to milk, but her levels have finally decreased after significantly increasing for the past 2 years, such that our allergist thinks that even that will resolve in the next year or so.

So, there is HOPE (knock on wood). I'm so excited (and scared) for the egg challenge in the upcoming weeks, but to be able to cross that off of the list will open up so many additional possibilities.

Good luck! I know how hard it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter