Character meal for 3 girls 6 and under, who are just not that into princesses

I really like the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Ohana's Because it’s family style, no need to figure out how to get food while still managing three little girls. Mickey and Pluto are also there, and they do a fun parade around the dining room.

thank you! Is the tusker house fairly generic food? My kids are NOT adventurous with their meal choices

Hollywood & Vine (either Disney Junior breakfast or Minnie's Holiday Dine at lunch and dinner)
1900 Park Fare breakfast (Mary Poppins, Alice and Mad Hatter)

I don't love Tusker House, but they (like all character buffets) do have a kiddie station with some basic food for kids. The adult food is definitely all in the mildly adventurous category.

I really like the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at Ohana's Because it’s family style, no need to figure out how to get food while still managing three little girls. Mickey and Pluto are also there, and they do a fun parade around the dining room.
ok-super ignorant here. but how are the majority of the meals served? I didn't even consider this. I'm hoping to have my mother in law in hand to help me wrangle the girls in, but in general, we try not to go out to dinner ever as its not exactly an enjoyable experience at these ages and being outnumbered!

ok-super ignorant here. but how are the majority of the meals served? I didn't even consider this. I'm hoping to have my mother in law in hand to help me wrangle the girls in, but in general, we try not to go out to dinner ever as its not exactly an enjoyable experience at these ages and being outnumbered!

Most of the character meals are buffets, so someone from your party will need to go up and get the plates of food. Some of the restaurants however are served family style, and everything is brought to the table. Lilo and Stich are at Ohana, at Epcot at the Garden Grill in the land pavilion is the Chip and Dale breakfast, Mickey is there also. At the Boardwalk resort they have a breakfast with Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel, and prince Eric.

oh very good to know. thank you! Silly question im sure-is there not a frozen themed meal? I feel like with frozen 2 coming in november, my girls may be into elsa and anna in the spring

oh very good to know. thank you! Silly question im sure-is there not a frozen themed meal? I feel like with frozen 2 coming in november, my girls may be into elsa and anna in the spring

There is not a Frozen character meal currently. There is a princess meal at Akershus in Norway in Epcot. It is part buffet, part family style for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The princesses can vary but include some combination of Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine, or Mulan. Anna and Elsa have a separate meet and greet area in Norway, but do not come to the restaurant.

My vote is for Garden Grill at Epcot in the Land pavilion. Food is brought to your table family style, they offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant rotates slowly so background changes a bit. Characters are Mickey, Chip, Dale and Pluto. Good food and relaxing environment.

I also like the breakfast food and characters at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) and Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom), but these are buffets which can be very stressful to me because I was constantly up getting food for the kids and myself, then trying to force them to eat(it can be pretty exciting and distracting when they are waiting for characters), then get kids up to get pics, get notebooks out for signatures, phew. Barely anytime for momma to eat. It can be done, but definitely allow yourself at least 1.5hr if doing a buffet so you aren’t feeling rushed to get to another activity.

My daughter’s favorite was always the Crystal Palace in MK with the Winnie the Pooh characters. The puffed French toast is delicious. Also, every so often there’s a little parade around the dining room that the kids can join in. So cute!

:sunny:

'Ohana breakfast. It's Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, etc.

Menu is Eggs, ham, sausage, Mickey waffles, potatoes, etc

If you are concerned about wrangling the girls at a buffet and they aren’t into princesses, consider Garden Grill (any meal) and ‘Ohana breakfast. They are both served family style so you will be seated the whole time. You could also consider Trattoria al Forno breakfast or Akershus (any meal) as they are plated meals, but you will see princesses at both.

I’m with the folks suggesting Garden Grill. The character interaction is great and you don’t have to worry about missing them since the food is brought to you rather than served buffet style. Chip and Dale are a hoot.

Another vote for Garden Grill. Peaceful in comparison to the frenetic mayhem that most character meals are. You sit, food & characters come to you.IMG_20190606_120406.jpgIMG_20190606_120036.jpg

Garden Grill vote here! It’s great that it’s served family style & all the food is very kid friendly. The characters are great- Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale. It’s also cool that the restaurant spins oh so slowly & the scenery changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter