Character dining

ROBEAR84

DIS Veteran
Is it me or has there been a big reduction in character dining at DLP since we last went in 2012?

I know it's never been on the scale of wdw (more's the pity) but is there really just the 3 options now? Auberge, Cafe Mickey and Inventions?

Are there no tea partys or anything held anywhere anymore? seems like such a shame!

We'd planned on doing the Sunday Brunch at the Steakhouse and were gutted when we saw on here that it's not on anymore. My friend and I are already taking the girls to Auberge but we wanted another character meal so the boys didn't miss out.

I'm deliberating over the Inventions Sunday Brunch but it just seems so expensive. Is it really as great as everyone makes out? We've eaten at Inventions for lunch before but never a character dinner/brunch.

Cafe Mickey we've had good and not so good experiences with and now with the set meal only, it works out at only £50 cheaper than Inventions per family.

Really stuck on what to do, help! any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Inventions Sunday brunch is great. We did it twice. More characters, more fun and food is just amazing.
As this time we won't be there for Sunday brunch, we're booking just regular Inventions dinner. After Cafe Mickey changes I'd rather pay more and go to Inventions as I doubt CM is worth the price.

I am so disappointed too. I put up the post requesting info on the Steakhouse. For my family with a teenager and smallies there is no way we can afford 3 adult plus kids at inventions I think the food in cafe Mickey is dire.

Inventions Sunday brunch is great. We did it twice. More characters, more fun and food is just amazing.
As this time we won't be there for Sunday brunch, we're booking just regular Inventions dinner. After Cafe Mickey changes I'd rather pay more and go to Inventions as I doubt CM is worth the price.

Thanks Isila, is there a difference between dinner/Sunday brunch? Are there less characters for dinner? I know the themes change but by the looks of it it's mostly the usual characters the Sunday we're there anyway.

I am so disappointed too. I put up the post requesting info on the Steakhouse. For my family with a teenager and smallies there is no way we can afford 3 adult plus kids at inventions I think the food in cafe Mickey is dire.

Aw yeah, we loved the Steakhouse Brunch so much! Cafe Mickey - the food was ok when we went, just the service! we were in there for nigh on 2.5 hours for lunch! mostly waiting for the waiter to come back with food/the bill! I think in the end we had to hover around with coats on to get the point across that he either needed to come back with it or we were leaving regardless!

Thanks Isila, is there a difference between dinner/Sunday brunch? Are there less characters for dinner? I know the themes change but by the looks of it it's mostly the usual characters the Sunday we're there anyway.

Sunday brunch is themed. We've been to Enchanted forest (Pooh and friends + basic characters like Mikey, Minnie etc) and Mary Poppins (this one was less fun as my kids don't care about Mary Poppins). I think there are more characters at brunch than at regular dinner. It's a shame we won't be there on Sunday for brunch, I'd love to do that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter