Character dining vouchers to change in 2018?

Grom

Hawaii nei
Hmm... haven’t been able to find the answer to this question, perhaps you guys who are DL or Costco vacation experts can advise.

Currently seeing reports that 2017 Costco/DL character dining vouchers may be used at food service/restaurants as a form of payment (instead of character dining)

Will this change in January? or will it be the same terms and fine print on the 2016 vouchers?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

EDITED to add that I called Disneyland’s Costco vacations, was placed on hold while Josie confirmed that 2018 vouchers can be used as a form of payment, albeit no change given. This is consistent with prior years.

Last edited:
The last time I checked (a month or 2 ago), the 2017 Disneyland packages didn't include a character dining voucher. The 2018 packages do, and I hope that they still let you use them toward other dining as that was a huge bonus for us. I tried to look it up but it didn't say anything on the Costco travel site.

Thank you for your reply and correction; I should have written “prior year” instead of 2017. I guess we’ll have to wait til Dec to hear from people receiving their 2018 January vouchers

Does anyone know if we can use the Costco dining vouchers to pay for a Fantasmic package meal at Blue Bayou? We don't really need character meals anymore- my kids are older and don't care about that anymore so would love to use them for one of these meals instead. Thanks!

Does anyone know where these can be used? Any restaurant in Disneyland and DCA? What about Downtown Disney? Hotel Restaurants?

I thought I would update. I just chatted with Disney reps on the Costco site. You can use the vouchers for any restaurant in DL, DCA, DTD or the hotels BUT you cannot use them for either the Fantasmic or World of Color packages. Good to know!

Just double checking for people who have had the Costco package this year 2018 - if you can still use the Meal vouchers at other restaurants.

Just double checking for people who have had the Costco package this year 2018 - if you can still use the Meal vouchers at other restaurants.

Yes, I was there in March and was able to use them in the hotel restaurant and in Disney parks restaurants. You just won’t get any change so be sure to come as close to the total as possible (or over and charge remainder to your room or pay cash/charge).

I went to this site http://www.thriftyandthriving.com/costco-disneyland-tickets-package/ and she discusses the subject. She has a picture of the voucher with the information that it can be used elsewhere for the premium value price, but since the 2018 vouchers aren't out yet (as far as I know), I can't say for certain that it will still hold true.

Thanks for the blog link! I had looked at the Costco option of booking previously and that site convinced me to run the numbers once Disney posts 2019 dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter