• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Dining Experiences for Adults

I'll be travelling with a party of adults, but no children, and was curious what kind of an experience we'll be in for regarding characters. I imagine they focus on the little ones, and would just appreciate some people sharing their experiences with this.

They're more than happy to clown around with adults, too. If folks are willing to pose for pictures, play around, or whatever they will happily spend some time at the table. Just have fun.

Bruce

My DH and I (DINKS) do at least 1 character meal a trip. We've always had awesome experiences especially at Crystal Palace & Cape May - we always get pics & great interaction!

Dinner at Grand Floridian .. 1900 Park Fare with (normally) Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Step Mother and Step Sisters is a fun time.

Although we've never done a character meal at WDW, we have done one on Disney Cruise Line. We had only adults at our table and Pluto came over to DH, put his mouth around DH's head and made chomping noises while we all took photos. If you're into it, I think that they will play along. We've had characters on DCL get very much into it as long as the adults were willing to play along so I imagine the same will be true at WDW. I think that they tailor their response to the recipients.

By the sounds of it, Club Villain might be just what you're looking for. Set price for two hour buffet with a stage show and timed meet and greets plus an open bar!

I'm hoping to go in October! :teeth:

We did 2 character meals before we had any kids and had a great time at both. My husband and I actually lament that our daughter gets 100% of the attention at character meals and we would like just a little bit. When it was the 2 of us though, we got plenty of attention. They key is to always play with the characters and if you want a picture, try to do that first. We love character meals and I recommend them for all interested parties.

We do character meals without kids ALL the time (mainly because we're all 20 somethings without kids) Having done fur, face, a mix, and most of the options around property, and all have been awesome and fun interacting experiences. The characters might spend a little bit less time with you, and we have once had Piglet stop and our table, wave at us, and walk away before we had a CHANCE to stand up. But, if there's a character you miss that you really want to see, grab the character attendant & they'll make sure it happens.

We've always had a fun time and gotten our pictures done, book signed, and chat with them. My favorites are:
-1900 PF, breakfast & dinner, great food, and dinner has the Step Family which is the GREATEST
-Ohana breakfast, fun interaction, and great food
-Crystal Palace, pretty much only breakfast, it used to be a hands down fave, but it's slowly sliding
-I've heard RAVE reviews about Dinner at Hollywood & Vine with the fab 5
-Tusker House lunch is good!
-Garden Grill is hilarious fun, and great food, though the service is a bit slow
-Akershus is my pick for princess meal, it's a little cheaper than CRT, and it seems like we've always had better interactions there than the castle.

We just celebrated our 60th birthdays in DW in Oct. We went to the Garden Grill for dinner. Dh did not even know it was a character meal until we sat down. The characters all visited us. When they found out it was dh's birthday he got a card signed by the characters, a piece of birthday cake and Mickey came over to sing Happy Birthday.
P1000676 (800x800).jpg P1000677 (800x800).jpg

We regularly did Disney trip pre-kids (2010 and before) and love character meals. We've always had a good experience except at Crystal Palace. Multiple times we flat out had characters look at us and skip our table. It was really weird!

My DH and I are big kids. In our experience, the characters are more than happy to play with you.

\

My DH and I don't have kids, and we always go to character meals and have a great time! Tusker House, Akershus, 1900 Park Fare dinner, Crystal Palace, Ohana breakfast, and Cinderella's Royal Table have all been so fun! DH's favorites are Akershus and 1900 Park Fare, whereas mine is Crystal Palace.

I ate breakfast at Tusker House this month (solo) and was seated next to an adult couple. All the characters happily stopped at our tables for hugs/pics. There was a great mature gentleman CM handler who came by our tables ahead of the characters to let all of us know that he would be happy to take photos for us, and when he wasn't handy, the neighbors and I took photos for each other. I highly recommend Tusker breakfast.

And I still love to tell my story about the silly solo lady (me) who went to Hollywood & Vine breakfast FOR the Disney Jr characters (Doc! Sofia!) and the characters and CMs were awesome. (Doc even stopped by a second time to give me another hug around my shoulders and approve the healthy fruit and oatmeal I was eating.) I've met a lot of characters and I think most of them enjoy meeting adult fans.

We are adults and have had great experiences at CP breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast, and TH breakfast. We are trying Cape May breakfast in Dec.

I love that you have had such great experiences! My husband is taking me for my first time ever in December and I can't wait to meet the characters, lol!!!

just came back from disney and we had a great time...also we were just the two of us...married 49 years and we had a great time with the characters at Crystal palace...having Pooh Bear give me a hug and tigger kissing my head and high fives...we have plenty of photos of them with us so didnt take any recent ones...enjoy the meals and enjoy the fun

For DH's first trip, we went to a lot of character meals including CRT! We enjoyed it. I'm sure for DS's first trip in Dec, they would focus on him though :)

I just had breakfast at Garden Grill last week and u thought it was a great place to meet the characters. Because of the way the restaurant is set up, it would be hard for the characters to skip you. I have been in others that are the big rooms (H&V) and had the characters get distracted by stray kids running up. image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter