Character autographs for adults

ottawa-newbie

Mouseketeer
There is some heated debating about character autographs on another forum and I was wondering.... since it my first trip to WDW, I want to try to experience the whole package. Am I going to look stupid being an adult in line to get a character autograph???? :flower: :p

Several years agao, i enjoyed the whole experience .I went autograph seeking and obtained alot. The briar wolf though looked at me skeptically when i told him ''I am big little kid".

I don't think it is wrong for adults to get pictures and autographs w/characters. I do think that a little courtesy, respect & common sense judgement should be used. In other words if it comes down to a kid not getting to see Mickey because you are in line, then why not give up your place for them. Characters are only avaliable for limited times during the "sessions". Believe me your pixie dust will come back to you ten-fold. besides what could be better than watching a small child running to give Mickey a kiss & hug, and to know I gave that child that opportunity would make me feel pretty good :goodvibes I think overall everyone @ WDW is very nice when it comes to this. I've never witnessed a problem in my 3 trips. Just remember the kids (the little ones) and us big kids will have our chance another time :goodvibes

Good luck meeting the characters & have fun!! ::MickeyMo

My DH & I have stood in line many times for autographs and pictures. I try to avoid lines that are already long - that's when I feel kind of silly. But if there are only a few people waiting, go for it!! Also, it is very easy to get autographs at a character breakfast or dinner.

You are paying good money to have a great time at Disney - don't worry about what anybody else thinks - do what you want and enjoy!!

I wait in line all the time for my picture with the characters. Not really autographs. But regardless, it takes the same amount of time.

I am really of the mindset that if I am paying to go to the parks, I should be able to have my picture with the characters as well. :teeth: And no one cares, except for the occasional very snooty person who feels the need to make a snide comment about how awful it is that their child has to wait in line behind an adult to get a picture with Mickey.

Ignore those people. They are idiots who have forgotten how to act like a kid.

Absolutely not. Disney is for the young and the young at heart. Don't be afraid to be the latter! And if a parent gives you a dirty look, then they've lost that part of them. Not what Walt wanted.

Of course you should get autographs!! That's part of the magic you know. When my dh and I went in '03 he was home on leave from Iraq and this was his first trip there. You should have seen my big bad army man (and he really looks it) giving Minnie a kiss on the check and a bow after she signed his book. I think sometimes it's more entertaining to see the adults reaction than the childs.

I've done it on most of my trips. I love meeting the characters. The first character I got my picture taken with was Mickey at MGM. When I said that I was probably too old, Mickey shook his head quite emphatically. Hey, if the Mouse says I'm not too old, who am I to argue? ;) I usually end up having the characters sign postcards which I send to friends and relatives back home.

The only time there was ever any confusion was when I was in line behind a father and his two sons. The CM thought I was the Mom and now I have a great picture of Lilo, Stitch and two adorable but unknown little boys. :rolleyes:

jenelope said:
The only time there was ever any confusion was when I was in line behind a father and his two sons. The CM thought I was the Mom and now I have a great picture of Lilo, Stitch and two adorable but unknown little boys. :rolleyes:
That has happened to me many times - LOL. Sometimes parents send the children to get autographs while they wait elsewhere, and if those kids happen to be in front of or behind me, it is assumed we are a family.

I line up for photos more than autographs. Since I am local and a passholder, if they announce that time is running out, I always ask the people behind me if it is their first visit or their last day at WDW. If so, I usually leave the line. And if the characters have just come out and I am near the front of the line, I often let several families go before me.

Grown-up or not, time spent with the characters means as much to me as it does to most children. It is my favorite thing at the parks. We are all entitled to our share of the magic. :earsgirl:

The only time there was ever any confusion was when I was in line behind a father and his two sons. The CM thought I was the Mom and now I have a great picture of Lilo, Stitch and two adorable but unknown little boys. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:rotfl2: How memorable! :goodvibes

Here is Proof that the characters love us "Big Kids" too!! Have Fun :goodvibes

84056Tigger_on_Michael_s_headweb-med.jpg

When I went to WDW solo in 2003, I collected autographs for my nephew who would be celebrating his birthday when I got back. I told each of the characters that the book was a birthday present for my nephew and they all signed (most ever wrote Happy Birthday). I also had my picture taken with the characters. It was alot of fun. This upcoming trip, I'm taking a plain white adult t-shirt to have the characters sign. I thought it would be a great way to collect signatures!

We, the Spoose & I, normally go in early May now that DD is in College. The last several years we have gotten Great photos of the Characters. Since most of the children in May are very short, you can get awesome closeups of the characters shooting above the little ones heads. Of course I do have many pictures of the characters with these adorable unknown small children.

We normally get a few of us with the Characters, but have found Character meals the easiest for this.

When My DD was in HS, she and her friends spent the trip focussing on the villians. There were much fewer children in these lines and they loved interacting with the teens and adults. Of course Aladdin & Gaston didn't mind having 2 nice looking 16 year olds in line along with the 3footers.

Characters love when adults (older children) get involved with the magic!

Terk-1 said:
When I went to WDW solo in 2003, I also had my picture taken with the characters. It was alot of fun. This upcoming trip, I'm taking a plain white adult t-shirt to have the characters sign. I thought it would be a great way to collect signatures!

When I went in January I had bought my 8 y/o GD and myself one of those long sleeve white T-shirts that has DISNEY spelled out in different characters body parts, that we had the characters sign. I plan to take mine back for my solo trip in May and will take hers (if she wants me to). I'll have a small embroidery hoop that I will have tightened on the part of the T-shirt I want autographed to make it easier for the characters to sign. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds for a quick autograph and I plan to ask the people behind me if they will take my picture and then I will volunteer to take theirs as a whole family. Again, it shouldn't take more than a minute or so.

Skipper Bubba pirate: and I do the photo angle more than the autograph angle, but I do have Mr. Mouse's Mickey Hancock emblazoned proudly on my Geek Vest (which I wear all over WDW in lieu of a backpack).
But anyway, go stand in line! It's your vacation too, and if chatting with/posing with a charater is what you crave, do it. I've tangoed with Prince John, tap danced with the Penguins from Mary Poppins, and had an extended conversation on fashion sense with Cruella DeVil (and she seemed positively thrilled for the chance to go off on a tangent in character with someone who got it).
I look at it this way. The kiddies have the lion's share of the chances for meet & greets, so if you're presented with an opportunity, use it. There's no shame in having an inner-eight-year-old. Use it. Share it with the kids around you. If you're happy about meeting Mickey and show it, chances are the kids around you will be cool with it and be happy with you.
Go forth and spread that pixie dust!
Enjoy,
Q
:drinking1

We dont stand in line for character autographs but we do stand in line to take pictures with the characters! WDW is one place you dont have to feel silly waiting in line for characters!! Enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter