Character attendant

all this information is GREAT! i'm heading down in august to be a character attendant and i could not be more excited. thanks for all your words of wisdom!

Ooh, how exciting! You will have a lot of fun.

Hi guys! I've been reading the board undercover for awhile. I am a character attendant starting August 15th!

I have a couple questions. I think they might be just based on where you're placed, but I still thought I'd ask:

Pretty much, how exhausting is it to be a character attendant? I am REALLY excited, but a little concerned about the heat and about standing all that time etc etc. I read that sometimes you just go off when the characters do but other times you stay out there with guests etc?

Also, I read that you wear black bottoms. does this mean pants? is there also a shorts option?

Thanks!

Congrats! I was an attendant last year. The breaks depend on where you work. For example: if you work at somewhere where the character keeps coming out (like Pooh at Pooh's Playground) you would stay out and be given breaks by a breaker. However, if you work somewhere with a character like Peter Pan, you would break with the character and go in with them.

And yes, the bottoms are black and you do have a shorts option. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. My CP was the best time of my life, and I LOVED my role.

hey everyone
im an english uni student on the wdwip and i recently got a role as a character attendant, i spent my summer 2007 as a custodial in dak, and reaaplied and although originaly wanting to be a character im quite syched up to be an attendant, but i do have questions...

what are the shifts like for instance am i going to always be in a hotel every morning? or do i move like the characters, across the entire walt disney world?.

Script? is there a set routine on what we must say for instance i know the blurb about camera ready and empty pages but what about going the little bit extra, i had this thought that if i ever did a princess meet which i doubt, or a meet with a face character, i would introduce the young princes and princesses and lords and ladies, or travelers in epcot's world showcase, and interact with the fur characters "translating". but are we restricted?

parades? i remember seeing people walk by the jamin jungle in attendant uniforms, now are they like higher attendants or is this part of the role?

thank you very much :)

hey everyone
im an english uni student on the wdwip and i recently got a role as a character attendant, i spent my summer 2007 as a custodial in dak, and reaaplied and although originaly wanting to be a character im quite syched up to be an attendant, but i do have questions...

what are the shifts like for instance am i going to always be in a hotel every morning? or do i move like the characters, across the entire walt disney world?.

Script? is there a set routine on what we must say for instance i know the blurb about camera ready and empty pages but what about going the little bit extra, i had this thought that if i ever did a princess meet which i doubt, or a meet with a face character, i would introduce the young princes and princesses and lords and ladies, or travelers in epcot's world showcase, and interact with the fur characters "translating". but are we restricted?

parades? i remember seeing people walk by the jamin jungle in attendant uniforms, now are they like higher attendants or is this part of the role?

thank you very much :)

Congrats! Character attendant is a lot of fun. I will try to answer:
1) You will mostly be in the 4 parks. There is only a few resort meals for characters, and it will usually be captains there. So yes, you will be moving around a lot. I sure did.

2) Yeah, you can say things like prince or princess. It is a lot of fun giving out titles.:)

3). You may get a chance to be a driver. But the people you saw working MJJP are not attendants- they were parade captains (they can be attendants too though).

ah thanks

so i was talking to one of the guys at my interview and he has the role character greeter and im an attendant... is there any difference?

ah thanks

so i was talking to one of the guys at my interview and he has the role character greeter and im an attendant... is there any difference?

You're welcome.

Nope. Character attendant and character greeter are the same exact thing.

i thought they were trust disney to name the same role differently

i thought they were trust disney to name the same role differently

Well, the thing is that the role used to be called greeter. Then about 3 years ago it got changed to attendant.

SO character attendants-- what are the most FAQ from guests? Or what are some of the silly or stupid things guests ask?

SO character attendants-- what are the most FAQ from guests? Or what are some of the silly or stupid things guests ask?

Hmm, let me see. There are quite a few things. The 2 most popular ones are "is it hot in there?" (of course not. Donald only is wearing a shirt, ect) and "is there AC in there?" (of course not. Do you have AC inside you?). I also get "oh just one more" when the line is closed (I would love to let everyone see the character, but unfortunately we have to go). There are more, but these are the ones I remember now.

Wow! I just found this thread and I LOVE it!
I am going to be a character attendant for the CP for fall advantage. I am leaving in 2 days!!!!

Here is the information for shoes for Traditons, ect:
Footwear
Dress shoes or boots in good business taste are required. Classic dress shoes are permitted to have an open toe, open heel or a slingback (strap around the heel). Athletic shoes, sandals and western boots are not permitted. When wearing a skirt or dress, hosiery must be worn at all times and may be sheer or opaque in subdued shades. If pants are worn, hosiery and socks are optional.

For checking in, you have to have the Disney look for hair and appearance, but clothes can be casual.

And here is shoes for costumed CMs:
Footwear
The required shoes for a costumed area differ based on the role and the theming of the costume. Cast Members should check with management prior to purchasing their work shoes and hosiery to ensure proper style and color. It is recommended that slip-resistant rubber-soled shoes be worn in food areas as a safety precaution. Approved shoes and socks are required the first day in costume.
For areas requiring a dress shoe (most skirted costumes), women are required to provide their own leather pump-style shoes with a plain toe (no loafers, buckles or ornamentation). Flats are permitted, but platform shoes are not. Shoes should be polished and kept in good repair. Suede and canvas are not permitted. Unless otherwise specified, flesh-tone hosiery is required at all times.
In areas where a leather athletic shoe is required (with the exception of Disney's Wide World of Sports), shoes should be solid in color with no contrasting logos or markings. Suede and canvas are not permitted. Socks worn with a costume should also be solid in color with no logos or markings and must extend at least to the top of the ankle. Shoes and socks must be clean and in good condition.
While working at Disney's Wide World of Sports, a white or black leather lace-up athletic shoe is required. Multicolored stripes or logos are permitted on the shoe. Extreme styles such as platform shoes or shoes with lights, neon colors, wheels, etc. are not permitted.
In certain limited areas, a role may require (or have an additional option for) shoes such as hiking boots, solid black beach sandals (lifeguards), steel-toe shoes, culinary clogs, etc. For specific guidelines on these shoes, please check with the Costuming area at your work location.

Do we have to buy our shoes and undershirt before we arrive?

What is Traditions? We have to dress up for this? I thought it was just a 4 hour long movie?? :confused3

Do we have to buy our shoes and undershirt before we arrive?

What is Traditions? We have to dress up for this? I thought it was just a 4 hour long movie?? :confused3

No. It is recommended that you wait to buy your shoes after you arrive, since there are so many styles/colors for all the roles (however, with Character Attendant it is black sneakers).

Yes, you have to dress up for Traditions. It is more then just a "4-hour movie".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter