Chapek X3

Continued nearsightedness in terms of the parks, seeking short-term gains by finding new ways to charge for existing experiences...totally bereft of actual creativity. He is way overpaid for this style of management.

This will ultimately erode the loyal repeat customer base.....on the flip side, he could still get pushed out before the contractual term if things get really bad, especially if stagflation continues to move in and they need a fall guy.

Last edited:
I call this short term gain and long term disaster for Disney. While I love Disney for all the nostalgia, the generation growing up won't to the levels we did. Sure, they can nickel and dime us now and ruin everything. But 10-20 years from now, they will see

Universal must be loving life right now. Epic universe is going to severely impact them. They literally just need to be nicer to guests than Disney and will have an upper hand.

Continued nearsightedness in terms of the parks, seeking short-term gains by finding new ways to charge for existing experiences...totally bereft of actual creativity. He is way overpaid for this style of management.

This will ultimately erode the loyal repeat customer base.....on the flip side, he could still get pushed out before the contractual term if things get really bad, especially if stagflation continues to move in and they need a fall guy.
IMO he is the fall guy. Chapek is the guy to implement everything they have always wanted to implement.

As much hating on what he's done to the parks, people are still filling them. Til people stop going nothing will change.

Chapek was probably Disney’s best worst option. Many of the unpopular decisions made for the Parks should fall solely on Josh D’Amaro but he always gets a pass while Chapek gets all the blame. They’re both sleezy and scummy!
Yes thank you. Pete defends Josh but he’s one of the most loyal people to Chapek and is head of parks. Not sure how we can rip Chapek for devaluing the parks under Iger but seemingly give D’Amaro a pass in the same role as it’s gotten way worse under his watch. And on top of it, Chapek is head of all of Disney, he tells his executives to increase margin and they go out and set the direction.

Yes thank you. Pete defends Josh but he’s one of the most loyal people to Chapek and is head of parks. Not sure how we can rip Chapek for devaluing the parks under Iger but seemingly give D’Amaro a pass in the same role as it’s gotten way worse under his watch. And on top of it, Chapek is head of all of Disney, he tells his executives to increase margin and they go out and set the direction.
Agree! I'm by no means a Chapek sympathizer but he gets way too much of the blame. D'Amaro is a sleeze bucket. Iger also jumped ship and left the company in a terrible situation leading up to the pandemic. Susan Arnold's statement says it all. The entire board of directors are 100% on board with the current direction of the company.

Chapek was probably Disney’s best worst option. Many of the unpopular decisions made for the Parks should fall solely on Josh D’Amaro but he always gets a pass while Chapek gets all the blame. They’re both sleezy and scummy!
Absolultely. Chapek was rightly blamed when he ran the parks, and he's being blamed when he doesn't! Parks are run by D'Amaro who should be called out for the direction he's taking the division. It's a pity that he is given a free pass because his predecessor has been controversial and elevated. Chapek no longer oversees the day to day running of the division!! Anger is somewhat misdirected in the fan community... somewhat.

I cannot stress this enough. This is terrific news for DISBoards. I mean Bob Chapek threads are legendary, like COVID masking threads on steroids.

I'm going to busy with all the love and support I have to give over the next 3 years on DISBoards, as the self-appointed Unofficial Bob Chapek Apologist.

Just spitballing but this may be part of a short term deal to let Chapek retire early with 'grace' next year on his own schedule and allow the Board to keep some face and dignity. I mean, where was he going to go if turfed? What corp would hire him? And what would his severance pkg have cost. Too young for early retirement. Yes, he has bucks but stocks not so hot. Iger has ambitions. Chapek is a company man with limited horizon. As a PP suggested, he's the perfect cardboard villain to blame for Genie+, park reservations, Magical Express and more that had to have been planned and in the works before he got the job. There is some utility in that for the Board. Of course, I could be petting unicorns in my backyard, too.

That’s true, I was looking over the current executive chart and I don’t even know who they could pick.

Iger was with the overall company for 47 something years, partly at ABC, so 30 + before even being CEO.

Who even fits that bill?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter