Chankanaab National Park excursions

FordFam

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done the excursion to Chankanaab National Park? The dolphin encounter? Two of my kids are not old enough to do the full swim. Is it worth it? Can we stay long enough to do the zip lines and snorkel? Will we be able to add on things like this when we are there or do we have to book them in advance? Is there a set time to head back to the ship or can we head back when are ready? Thanks!

We have not done the excursion but booked directly a couple years ago. We just took a taxi to and from the ship whenever we were ready. We loved the dolphin encounter, though my kids were more comfortable with the set-up at Dolphinaris than Chankanaab. Dolphinaris has enclosed pools with walls while Chankanaab was more like fenced pens in the open water. My daughter refused to even get in the water at Chankanaab, but the resort atmosphere was great with the beach, hair braiders, sea lion show, etc. It was a wonderful place to spend the day. Dolphinaris just has the dolphins, and is a better choice if you want to continue on to shopping in town.

Hope this helps!

We did the dolphin encounter and it was great. There are a couple of free meal options available afterwards and lots to do in the park itself. They have it set up so you can meet your guide out front every hour on the hour when you're ready to go, so you can choose how long you want to stay. The day we were there it rained after we did the dolphin part so we just ate, enjoyed the free drinks and WiFi, and then headed back fairly early.

We've done the Dolphin Swim/Push and another time (in Nov) the Swim with Sea Lion. I highly recommend booking on your own. You will have much more time that way. The beach is so nice and the snorkeling was great. There is a nice pool and food is decent. There is lots to explore and it's a great place to spend the day. Easy to get return taxi as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter