• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing Primary Name on existing reservation - How?

montreid

Registered
Been looking for a way to change the Primary Name on the reservation. Is there a way to do this online?

I have seen chat come up within 10 minutes every time I play on the website to book, change, or stalk.

So, if you go on and it says it’s not available just stick around, even if you are on hold with MS. It should open up. When it does, be quick because it’s usually gone again in less than a minute!!

I did this (changed lead), as per Sandi, just sit and watch the DVC website in office hours and normally after 5 mins or so the chat bubble appears.

Sorry for mistake ... I had contracts on my mind and got OP question totally wrong.

Last edited:
I just searched for the Disboards Stickies for DVC Contract questions but could not find it. I think there has been previous conversations with step by step . Calling DVC is normally the best advice but I like to be prepared to know what info DVCMS is going to need when they finally answer the call.

For changing the lead guest on a reservation? It’s simple telling them who that needs to be. Nothing needed.

If you are talking about changing the owner or the contract to add others or transfer it to family, that is not something you contact MS for.

I just finished up changing my lead person using the chat feature. It didn´t pop right up, but I went to the bottom of the page and it said it was available. Took a few minutes of waiting in the queue. Name change and requests entered, all done in 15 minutes.

The chat feature is nice for things like changing names, merging reservations, and making requests, but there are limitations to what they can do with chat. Apparently, they do not have access to availability. So, they can't do things like process a waitlist match (although they can tell you if a waitlist has matched) or tell you if there are DVC cash rooms available for specific dates.

Like others have mentioned, if it shows as unavailable, I reload or hang around until the chat bubble appears. It seems to have been a little better lately. Maybe, I have been lucky!

The chat feature is nice for things like changing names, merging reservations, and making requests, but there are limitations to what they can do with chat. Apparently, they do not have access to availability. So, they can't do things like process a waitlist match (although they can tell you if a waitlist has matched) or tell you if there are DVC cash rooms available for specific dates.

Like others have mentioned, if it shows as unavailable, I reload or hang around until the chat bubble appears. It seems to have been a little better lately. Maybe, I have been lucky!

The email last week did mention new CMs to be hired. Maybe the first round has started and they are being trained for chat! I agree it seems much better lately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter