• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Changing Discovery Cove Dates

AgentMama

DIS Veteran
We're booked to go to DC later this month and it's looking like it might not work for us for various reasons. If we choose to reschedule, will we need to pay a cost difference if we pick dates that are at a higher per day rate than what we originally booked? Trying to figure out all of our options before I reach out. Thanks!

I did, but Southwest also says no fees, but you do pay the airfare difference. I'm asking if this would be the same deal. The wording isn't clear on the site. Do you have experience changing dates? Or you just wanted to tell me to read the website?

No personal experience, but here is the full version from DC:
"You can easily shift reservations you’ve made, up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date, to any future date through 2022. To accommodate this, we will allow one complimentary date change prior to your visit, pending availability. Further changes to your itinerary will be provided for a nominal charge of $50 per change. Bookings made within 14 days of original reservation date will be booked at the original rate. Bookings made outside of that time will be subject to change based on seasonal rates for the new date chosen. If you decide to cancel more than 30 days prior to your reservation date, you will receive a 100% refund."

Which is only fair. Otherwise people would book the cheapest Jan date and change it to July for free....

Yes, I saw that, you can still do the same picking a cheaper day within 14 days of wanting to go and switch. We also booked with sale prices, so not sure how that impacts the change. I'll email and try to get an answer that way. Would like to avoid long hold times.

It took me two hours on hold yesterday to change my dates. I booked with sale prices. Shifted from a Friday to a Tuesday in the same week. I was not charged any price difference but they were probably the same. The only issue I had was trying to rebook the cabana since not all options were available. But it was very easy and no extra charges (other than a change in cabana price). If you are shifting to a more expensive day, I would expect to pay the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter