changing dining plan

wdwluver

DIS Veteran
Okay - so I booked a surprise 1 day trip to Disney for my family while we're visiting Universal - all paid for. room, tickets and regular dining plan. I've been going back and forth on the dining and thought maybe I would change to the deluxe dining plan. I look at the site and see that there is now a 2-day ticket minimum purchase, but I only purchased one day. If I change the dining plan, will they also force me to upgrade my tickets?

Okay - so I booked a surprise 1 day trip to Disney for my family while we're visiting Universal - all paid for. room, tickets and regular dining plan. I've been going back and forth on the dining and thought maybe I would change to the deluxe dining plan. I look at the site and see that there is now a 2-day ticket minimum purchase, but I only purchased one day. If I change the dining plan, will they also force me to upgrade my tickets?
Does Deluxe Dinning plan make sense for only 1 day? If you are worried about not being able to dine at a Signature Restaurant, I'd say to cancel the dinning plan and just pay oop -- with the Deluxe Dinning plan, you'd pretty much be eating the entire day????

Tom

I agree, deluxe DDP is too much for one day. There are plenty of good restaurants that are 1 TS credit. Either deluxe DDP you'd be spending all your time eatting, and trying to fit in park time in between meals.
I'd stick to what you have.
Downgrading package may incur a penalty charge, you'd have to phone and speak with someone in reservations if you wanted to cancel dining plan.

It depends how much time you are going to spend at Disney. The Deluxe Dining Plan would give you 3 TS credits and 2 snacks per person per day. If you are checking into your Disney resort at or before check-in on day and then hanging around Disney and going to the park the next day then I can see where the Deluxe Plan would make sense. Use 1 TS credit for dinner and get a snack. Then on your actual park day use a TS credit for breakfast, use another snack credit and then use your last TS credit at dinner.

But if you were going to use all your credits on one day then I would say way too much food.

I agree with the previous posters. I loved DxDP when we used it, but for only one day? Not worth it. Much better to pay OOP.

Thanks, for the advice! I'm still on the fence. I was thinking a signature restaurant for dinner on checkin-day and then use the last table service for sitdown breakfast the last day. The snacks could be used on the plane.

Thanks, for the advice! I'm still on the fence. I was thinking a signature restaurant for dinner on checkin-day and then use the last table service for sitdown breakfast the last day. The snacks could be used on the plane.
You can buy snacks and pay for those two meals for soooo much less money than the deluxe dining plan.
I do the Disney dining plan for my son and I, and still feel like dining is dictating our days! There's plenty of good/fine dining restaurants that you can go to at other times instead of having dining take up half of your park day (and it will). Compare prices at the restaurants you're interested in and the cost of the deluxe dining plan.
Example- me and my son will be dining at California grill on our next trip, I'm not using any credits for it. I also don't use table credits at HS bc we purchase the Fantasmic package instead. If you crunch the numbers you'll most likely see that you will come out ahead by paying out of pocket.
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter