Changing BLT to SSR points

macman123

DIS Veteran
Quick one.

I have BLT points and SSR points.

Clearly the BLT points are more 'valuable'

Is it possible to make a booking for BLT 11 months out. Then once month 7 arrives modify the booking so they use SSR points?

Therefore preserving my BLT points?

Only if there are open rooms at BLT. You would be dropping one reservation, hoping that nobody else takes it immediately due to a waitlist request, and that nobody else grabs it in the minute that it is not claimed, and then you would try to claim it with your other points.

Ah ok. But I assume when I modify until I click agree, my old room isnt released?

As I could change my mind half way through the process.........

Ah ok. But I assume when I modify until I click agree, my old room isnt released?

As I could change my mind half way through the process.........

Yes. When you book at the 11 month mark, it locks the contract, At 7 months, you can go in and modify and if any of your rooms are still available it will pick up any non home resort points you may have that are banked, at least,

I just did this today for 2 Dec nights at SSR. Used my banked BLT that were just added and since those were still available it took those and freed up my current UY SSR. I just chose both contracts and hoped for the best and sure enough, it worked!

If you book BLT at 11 months and then modify at 7 months to still stay at BLT but use SSR points it does essentially cancel your BLT room and then tries to regrab it. If there Is no availability and a waitlist, prior to you modifying, it could be snagged by waitlist before you hit submit to rebook.

Edit to add....don't even think online modifying will allow you to select SSR to replace BLT points for resie made 11 months out. Unless, I guess, you have banked or borrowed SSR points.

Last edited:
Modifying the reservation online works IF there’s still availability at BLT at 7 months (even if it’s for only available for part of your stay) as long as your BLT points were current UY points and your SSR points are either banked or borrowed.
  • For example, let’s say that you booked a week at BLT right at 11 months using current UY points.
  • At 7 months, two nights are available for the same room during your stay.
  • You modify the BLT reservation but use the exact same dates and room type as in the original reservation.
  • When it asks for your contracts that you wish to use, add the SSR contract as the second one. The BLT contract will be locked in as the first contract to be used.
  • Before you confirm your booking, it will appear as if only the BLT points are being taken.
  • Once you confirm the booking, click on the points summary. It will show that the banked/borrowed SSR points were used first (up to the total number needed for the two available nights).

Last edited:
I tried to do this once. Had 2 browsers open, cancelled the reservation with my super premium points and as fast as my little fingers would allow, I tried to book again with my trashy/low rent points = FAIL.
Especially if it’s a popular day or week; there’s always someone waiting to claim it.

Modifying the reservation online works IF there’s still availability at BLT at 7 months (even if it’s for only available for part of your stay) as long as your BLT points were current UY points and your SSR points are either banked or borrowed.
  • For example, let’s say that you booked a week at BLT right at 11 months using current UY points.
  • At 7 months, two nights are available for the same room during your stay.
  • You modify the BLT reservation but use the exact same dates and room type as in the original reservation.
  • When it asks for your contracts that you wish to use, add the SSR contract as the second one. The BLT contract will be locked in as the first contract to be used.
  • Before you confirm your booking, it will appear as if only the BLT points are being taken.
  • Once you confirm the booking, click on the points summary. It will show that the banked/borrowed SSR points were used first (up to the total number needed for the two available nights).

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. It did indeed pull my banked points from my new BLT contract to free up current UY points from SSR, because, as I mentioned, those nights were still available!

The safest way to do this; check at 7months if there is availability. If yes book with your SSR points, if no, then flip the coin and see if you want to risk losing. You could try and book a few days at a time as they come up and cancel \BLT points if and when you have all your dates with SSR.
Cancelling and rebooking as others have said, even with fast hands, is risky.

Is this the same process Guest Services will use? I guess I never realized this and have been lucky so far to trust the process but now that I think about it .... probably not feeling confident with luck or speed of anybody’s fingers!
Guess I will really appreciate giving up this years WL points and scoring Riviera for holiday week. That will never happen again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter