Changing ADR from 7 to 8 people

2minny

DIS Veteran
I made our dining reservations for a December trip for 7 people and now grandma has decided to join us I've gone to the reservation and tried to click "change reservation" but it won't allow me to change from 7-8. Does anyone have a tip on how to do this, I sure hope I won't have to cancel all of my ADR's. Has anyone done this? Surely they'll let me add a chair to the table, any suggestions? I'm so worried!

I think you will be fine.. I am in the odd number family this year. 3 people. So i keep looking for 3 or 4 people reservations.

I would not worry. They always say they can accommodate 1 or 2 not on the reservation. Heres an example On more than one occasion while traveling with family I had to get two reservations for a group of 7. Every time they were able to seat us at the same table and said not to worry they can always accommodate one or two extra guests. The one time they did not even acknowledge the second reservation and said we did not arrive and charged us a no show fee. Had to call and straiten it out. With a family of 5 it is always harder to find a table. I will start searching for 5 but if I have to I will resort to 4.

I have had many experiences of having to add an extra person last min, when checking in at the restaurant. They are always accommodating. So you do not have to be anxious though, I would recommend calling the restaurant directly. I think you may need to go through the dining reservations line and then ask to be transferred directly to the restaurant to "make a special request on your reservation."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter