• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing a DAS Advance Selection

Colin Thomas

Earning My Ears
My family is headed to Disney in early April and we have already registered my daughter for DAS and made advance ride selections. We are traveling with a bigger party (8 adults, 5 kiddos) and when I made the selections, I just picked 3 other people from the party (2 of the 5 accompanying slots are my wife and I) to serve as place holders. However, when I went to change the names on the reservation, the CM told me that I would need to cancel the reservations and rebook (with no guarantee that I could). CM suggested I talk to guest services the day of our visit to make the change.

Question: has anyone tried to make an advanced reservation person change at guest services? Were you successful? How long was the wait at guest services?

Are you trying to swap 1 guest for 1 guest? Or add the additional guests? Simply swapping guests might be easiest to swap MBs for that ride. But since the DAS Advanced Selection availability is partially based on # in the party, it may be difficult to add others.

I'm trying to swap 3 of the people for 3 different people. Keeping the reservation person count constant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter