Changes to Fast Pass Plus Queues

Here's the thing I noticed on my last trip... Disney IT works about as well on "their" side as it does on "our" side, which is...glitchy to be kind.

Frankly I think half the number of scanners that actually work would be better than thr current number they have now that don't work.

My daughter is still furious about a couple who skipped into the splash fast pass line in front of us a couple of years ago. She told the employee who checked them but they told her some long story and she let them pass rather than confront them. They got front row which my dtr wanted. She has not been able to let this go after all this time. I told her to move on but she can't stand "cheating". I really hope she doesn't see this happen again or she's going to be hard to live with lol. I don't imagine it is all that common though.

I am not sure how to feel about this. I don't want people skipping line, but at the same time it seems that the rumors to make the 4th FP reservation from your phone are true.

On my last trip I saw more people than ever just argue their way into the fastpass lines or just walk right in and not stop and the CM decided not to confront them.

So is this due to staff cuts to save money?

It will be abused once people cotton on they can get a free fast pass by just ducking under the railing.

I am here now and have not double tapped one time this week. I have seen line jumpers in quite a few lines I've been in, I'm sure once more people realize there is no double tap it will get worse.

I don't see how this saves staffing... You still need a CM at the merge point.

I saw people jump into the fast pass line at HS the other day on 2 different rides! So frustrating they really should have the 2 check points and the CM should be more firm if it doesn't scan.

We went to Disney World two weeks ago, and did all 4 parks. What i noticed is that some places have two sets of FP readers, while some rides and attractions have only 1 set at the entrance. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it. Also, on a couple of rides (Its a Small World and the Star Wars simulator at Hollywood Studios), the FP and non FP lanes will merge into one lane when you get close to the ride and there aren't a second set of readers.

I just wish they would be consistent about it. We didn't spring for Magic Bands, and it got to be a pain to get tickets out, collect tickets from kids, and then get tickets out again for the second set of readers when when we didn't know which attractions had the second set of readers.

If this is a cost-saving measure by eliminating the need for a CM to scan the 2nd time, wouldn't it make more sense to cut out the 1st point instead and only have the later point staffed and operational? Then if people get up there without a FP they get booted back out and maybe they won't try it again. Shutting down the second checkpoint just makes it super easy for someone to switch lines partway through.

If this is a cost-saving measure by eliminating the need for a CM to scan the 2nd time, wouldn't it make more sense to cut out the 1st point instead and only have the later point staffed and operational? Then if people get up there without a FP they get booted back out and maybe they won't try it again. Shutting down the second checkpoint just makes it super easy for someone to switch lines partway through.

This does make some sense from the standpoint of preventing line jumping. The only thing with this is that you would have the rejected line jumpers needing to fight through the potential line of people that has formed behind them. This would in turn disrupt the flow of people going into the ride from the FP+ line. My guess is that Disney Park ops people care less about a few dishonest people who would duck the rail than they do the overall flow of the queues. While I prefer not to have people cut, I could at least see a reason why they are only going to keep the outer tapstiles open.

The CMs know people are jumping and arguing their way through FP+ lines, they just pick their battles. At MK, the only CMs I've seen actually stop/deny guests without proper FP is at 7DMT.

The CMs know people are jumping and arguing their way through FP+ lines, they just pick their battles. At MK, the only CMs I've seen actually stop/deny guests without proper FP is at 7DMT.
Sadly, I agree. And I've seen people arguing their way into the 7DMT fp line or blocking the line and playing dumb with the CM's until they're finally waved through.

We witnessed people without FP being turned away multiple times on our 9 day trip on different attractions, Space, Characters at MK, 7DMT, JC....not once did anyone talk their way in and the CM at AK where the characters meet had to get quite firm with one group. We were sitting next to the entrance taking a rest and she turned away at least 2 groups that I recall. For some attractions it will work OK. 7DMT is an attraction where the FP and regular lines aren't near each other until the merge so it would be difficult to jump. There are others like that and going forward they may build the ques with this in mind. Others like Space the que is so long and right side by side that it's just begging for jumpers.

What would be Disney's stance on line jumpers? I assume all the queues are under some sort of surveillance. Is it a "punishable " offense? I guess I wonder what the consequence would be if someone got caught line jumping. Because for those with no integrity...the reward is going to be getting the shorter wait without following the process. If the risk doesn't outweigh the reward they will almost certainly always take the risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter