Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

When it says you can trade a QS credit for 3 snacks, but not at kiosks-- I'm confused as to what constitutes a kiosk. For example, could we use a QS meal credit to get 3 dole whips?
Or a QS meal credit for 3 funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify if these are considered kiosks or not!

Disney has still not confirmed any official details of this new system, even though it went live last weekend, so we can only go by the leaked information and what people have observed so far. They may be seeing what guest reaction is and planning minor tweaks before it becomes official? But it does seem that (other than then obvious QS locations) there will be a definitive list of which stores offer the credits trade-in offer - for example, we believe that all of the hotel gift stores will be doing it.

Andre

What I think they mean by kiosks is places that don't redeem QS credits already. FoR example, F&W booths and the dole whip kiosk would be out since they don't offer QS meals and their POS terminals will not be able to convert them. Not sure about Sleepy Hollow.
Sleepy Hollow does not currently take QS credits (at least not officially). You understood what I meant. To further clarify: If you go to a location's official website and it says "Dining Plans Not Accepted", those locations are what I mean by kiosk in addition to the temporary F&W/F&G booths. These locations accept snack credits, but no meal credits. Whether that is unavailable at their POS terminal or simply policy is unknown (at least by me).

Sleepy Hollow does not currently take QS credits (at least not officially). You understood what I meant. To further clarify: If you go to a location's official website and it says "Dining Plans Not Accepted", those locations are what I mean by kiosk in addition to the temporary F&W/F&G booths. These locations accept snack credits, but no meal credits. Whether that is unavailable at their POS terminal or simply policy is unknown (at least by me).

I'm not 100% sure either at this point. It is very confusing and there is so much conflicting info out there right now. I only mentioned F&W and dole whip stand because I've heard it mentioned on other threads on the boards.

Hopefully we'll be getting feedback from some Disers very soon...or maybe an announcement from Disney.:rolleyes1

Is this a recent change that they don't accept QS credits? For our past 3 September visits (2012, 2013 and 2014) we used a quick service credit to purchase a waffle (with nutella and fruit or the chicken one) with chips and a drink.

When we first started using our QS credits there it was long before MDE so there wasn't anyplace online to check. After that we just continued to visit and were never told that things had changed.

Is this part of the changes made earlier this week? I didn't read this anywhere.

Is this a recent change that they don't accept QS credits? For our past 3 September visits (2012, 2013 and 2014) we used a quick service credit to purchase a waffle (with nutella and fruit or the chicken one) with chips and a drink.

When we first started using our QS credits there it was long before MDE so there wasn't anyplace online to check. After that we just continued to visit and were never told that things had changed.

Is this part of the changes made earlier this week? I didn't read this anywhere.
My understanding is that Sleepy Hollow does not accept QS credits. I've seen multiple people ask online if they can use a QS credit for a waffle sandwich and be told no, on these boards and other sites... Maybe they've changed policy before or are changing it currently, maybe it depends on the person running the register, I don't know.

If you can use a QS credit at Sleepy Hollow for a waffle sandwich meal, someone please correct me! I was planning on paying OOP at Sleepy Hollow on my trip and would love to be wrong!

We have often used a QS meal credit for a waffle, drink and chips at Sleepy Hollow. It is NOT a snack credit, but a meal credit. Sometimes a CM at the window does not know you can use a meal credit, but there is always someone there who knows and allows it. Never had a problem- for at least 2014, 2013, 2012, and maybe further back.

I also thought about going Deluxe with just 3 people instead of 5 and getting 9 entitlements per day. However----those 2 people can't be on my room ressie and then this screws up your ability to book FPs early correct? So I can't imagine that people are going to do this because FPs have a huge value too.

Help me figure this out folks----could someone book a room with 1A/1C and add the deluxe plan.....then also book a room with 3A but NOT book a dining plan for them....then the family would have 6 meals per day and ALL the meals could be used at once for 1 meal per day (since they don't req. kids to use kid entitlements and you can use them all at once)?? This sounds like a HUGE loophole if this is legit.....we are booked at the campground for part of our trip so adding another 'camp site' to divide up our group is a cheap proposition to get a meal per day for our 4A/1C at 140 bucks.

Help me figure this out folks----could someone book a room with 1A/1C and add the deluxe plan.....then also book a room with 3A but NOT book a dining plan for them....then the family would have 6 meals per day and ALL the meals could be used at once for 1 meal per day (since they don't req. kids to use kid entitlements and you can use them all at once)?? This sounds like a HUGE loophole if this is legit.....we are booked at the campground for part of our trip so adding another 'camp site' to divide up our group is a cheap proposition to get a meal per day for our 4A/1C at 140 bucks.
That's what the rumors sound like to me, but there is no official word yet which very well may mean they're deciding how to close loopholes like this.

This is a great thread! So, just to be clear, if I have the regular DDP my 6yo DS can order an adult meal at QS restaurants? For example, we can go to boardwalk bakery and he can get an adult turkey sandwich plus a "real" adult dessert, no problem?

As some of you mentioned this is how it's always been, but if this is true it would be awesome. My kid can take down adult-sized burgers and eat more than I do sometimes. Plus, I like that he wouldn't be limited to chicken fingers and mac and cheese for the entire trip.

~Cari~ pluto:

This is a great thread! So, just to be clear, if I have the regular DDP my 6yo DS can order an adult meal at QS restaurants? For example, we can go to boardwalk bakery and he can get an adult turkey sandwich plus a "real" adult dessert, no problem?

As some of you mentioned this is how it's always been, but if this is true it would be awesome. My kid can take down adult-sized burgers and eat more than I do sometimes. Plus, I like that he wouldn't be limited to chicken fingers and mac and cheese for the entire trip.

~Cari~ pluto:

Correct; this has always been able to be done but was against the rules. Now it appears to be allowed, but still no official change to the rules. Interpret that as you will...I'm hoping we see Disney announce and clarify soon.

While there has still no been any official announcement from Disney, I did confirm with a cast member via chat that you are able to use your dining credits for those who are not on your dining plan. We are going to have 11 people in two rooms, so it will make sense for us to have those in one room on the deluxe plan.

While there has still no been any official announcement from Disney, I did confirm with a cast member via chat that you are able to use your dining credits for those who are not on your dining plan. We are going to have 11 people in two rooms, so it will make sense for us to have those in one room on the deluxe plan.

Are you guys going to eat all your meals together? That's the only down side to that. You'd have to have someone from room b (non dining) with someone from room a (dining) at every meal or snack purchase.

Yes, we will be eating all of our meals together. When we do split up in the parks (younger kids and older kids) there will always be someone on our plan with each group.

Dang, why is Disney dragging their feet on this announcement?

For me, the biggest change is the soup or salad instead of dessert for TS, or a side instead of dessert at QS. (I'm not a big dessert guy)

Dan

Hope I can explain this so it makes sense and someone can hopefully answer this.

At the hotel my regular QS breakfast is an omelet and a bottle of orange juice and I use the refillable mug for coffee.
Now with this changes can I get a side of eggs, bagel w/ cream cheese, fruit cup/bowel and an orange juice and my QS meal? Or does the orange juice count as one of the three items? Which personally I don't feel as if the juice should count as one of the three side/snack items but should count as the "drink" part to the meal and you can still get three other side/snack items to make up the meal/food part.

I never understood why QS lunch/dinner gives you the add-on of a dessert in addition to your entree and your drink, but breakfast is just a meal and a drink. I know there's no dessert with breakfast (unless you get a chocolate cake from the bakery :) ) but I wish they provided the option of something like cereal, fruit or yoghurt with your meal & drink for example. OK you can now swap your drink for one of those, but it still makes breakfast a second-class meal on the dining plan.

Andre

I never understood why QS lunch/dinner gives you the add-on of a dessert in addition to your entree and your drink, but breakfast is just a meal and a drink. I know there's no dessert with breakfast (unless you get a chocolate cake from the bakery :) ) but I wish they provided a cereal / meal / drink combo for example. It makes breakfast a second-class meal on the dining plan.

Andre

Yep, or a muffin/croissant/cinnamon bun as a "dessert" with breakfast. Given the bounty platter is only $9 anyway and some lunch entrees go up to $15, breakfast really is a bad deal on the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter