• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changed from BCV to Poly

daraweb

Mouseketeer
We are still planning on coming down for a resort only split stay from July 3-10. We were booked at BC and CCWL but just decided to change the BC portion to Poly. We picked BC originally to be able to take advantage of strolling the boardwalk at night (when it isn’t 100 degrees) and also to enjoy the pool. Without SAB and Hurricane Hannah‘s plus the fact that villa pool is pretty small and possibly hard to socially distance and find shade, we decided to switch to Poly.

I decided to take a look at food options that are reported to be opening at all the DVC resorts and I think Poly has some Really good options available. We don’t get the ability to go for evening walks, but we love the villa/quiet pool and Captain Cooks. To be honest we have never been to the feature pool at Poly. Some websites have listed the Barefoot Pool Bar on the list of locations that are set to open on 6/22. Is this at the feature pool or the villa pool? Are there a lot of villas at Poly? Just curious if people think it will be crowded? Given that the quiet and feature pool should be open in some capacity, I am hoping that means we wilol be able to find space at one of the pools. Thought on this? THANK YOU!

We are still planning on coming down for a resort only split stay from July 3-10. We were booked at BC and CCWL but just decided to change the BC portion to Poly. We picked BC originally to be able to take advantage of strolling the boardwalk at night (when it isn’t 100 degrees) and also to enjoy the pool. Without SAB and Hurricane Hannah‘s plus the fact that villa pool is pretty small and possibly hard to socially distance and find shade, we decided to switch to Poly.

I decided to take a look at food options that are reported to be opening at all the DVC resorts and I think Poly has some Really good options available. We don’t get the ability to go for evening walks, but we love the villa/quiet pool and Captain Cooks. To be honest we have never been to the feature pool at Poly. Some websites have listed the Barefoot Pool Bar on the list of locations that are set to open on 6/22. Is this at the feature pool or the villa pool? Are there a lot of villas at Poly? Just curious if people think it will be crowded? Given that the quiet and feature pool should be open in some capacity, I am hoping that means we wilol be able to find space at one of the pools. Thought on this? THANK YOU!
Smart move. BCV without SAB, no thank you.

Poly is a good pick for this because it is mostly (EXPENSIVE) cash booking rooms as well, and there are no new cash bookings. It might be looking pretty deserted.

We did the same thing, changing our stay (originally March rescheduled 4? times to finally land in August) from BCV to GF after we heard SAB wouldn’t be opening. We are however debating a split stay with either CCV or BRV. We will be doing resort only. We don’t do the parks that much anymore. Thoughts on keeping the 1 BR at VGF vs a split with either of the other properties? Thought about AKL-Jambo but don’t want to stay at Kidani so until we know for sure they won’t be moving us I’m not going to book at Jambo.

VGF is an interesting pick for this. It is mostly cash and has the most expensive cash rooms, and a LOT of cash club level. No one has any idea what will happen with that. I would expect the most expensive bookings (maybe other resort club level?) to get moved to VGF, which would have the highest level of service.

But I would also expect them to fill it up with disgruntled cash guests for whatever reason, who feel like they got a sweet upgrade, because they did. Might be pretty packed...

Good call on Poly. We really like the quiet pool. It’s zero entry but also has steps on the side. Plenty of room for the kids to swim. There a cabanas that you can rent and there is bar/grill there as well. I do believe the Barefoot Pool Bar is located at the main pool area. There are a lot of studio villas there but no 1BR or 2BR accommodations.

I am at BCV July 29th- August 1st and am having a hard time choosing to keep or switch. I have never been and I love that area but don't know if I should switch or not. If I switch and use less points I am stuck with points I can't use as my use year is september or I can upgrade and borrow somewhere.

I am at BCV July 29th- August 1st and am having a hard time choosing to keep or switch. I have never been and I love that area but don't know if I should switch or not. If I switch and use less points I am stuck with points I can't use as my use year is september or I can upgrade and borrow somewhere.
I was at BCV and switched due to no SAB. My home resort is BWV and I’m now at BWV Boardwalk view. If I was choosing based on room and view it would always be BWV. Without SAB BCV isn’t even close to BWV Boardwalk View. With SAB I’d move back to BCV especially for a resort stay. BCV Studio and BWV Boardwalk view cost the same points. That’s a lot of acronyms.

I was at BCV and switched due to no SAB. My home resort is BWV and I’m now at BWV Boardwalk view. If I was choosing based on room and view it would always be BWV. Without SAB BCV isn’t even close to BWV Boardwalk View. With SAB I’d move back to BCV especially for a resort stay. BCV Studio and BWV Boardwalk view cost the same points. That’s a lot of acronyms.
right now there's a pool/garden for my dates.

So this gets harder... but if it was me and I had the choice between BCV no SAB and BWV pool/garden view(usually same points) I would choose BWV and I would waitlist Boardwalk view. I would also request highest floor pool view because I love to watch them prep the pool in the morning and sometimes I can see tower of terror from this area. Of course a request is just that a request, but most BWV pool/garden rooms have a better view than BCV rooms. The only way BCV wins out for me is with Stormalong Bay open. I really wish it would open June 22nd.... but I’ll enjoy my BWV if they keep SAB closed as announced.

So this gets harder... but if it was me and I had the choice between BCV no SAB and BWV pool/garden view(usually same points) I would choose BWV and I would waitlist Boardwalk view. I would also request highest floor pool view because I love to watch them prep the pool in the morning and sometimes I can see tower of terror from this area. Of course a request is just that a request, but most BWV pool/garden rooms have a better view than BCV rooms. The only way BCV wins out for me is with Stormalong Bay open. I really wish it would open June 22nd.... but I’ll enjoy my BWV if they keep SAB closed as announced.
Yah I think the only reason why I am struggling is I have always wanted to they beach club and haven't been able too. I own at boardwalk so thats never an issue. But I think you are right, keep waiting for BCV till storm along is reopened

The villa pool bar at the Poly is the "Oasis Bar and Grill".

I did not realize that people with reservations at non-DVC hotels between July 4-11 have been given the option to move to any DVC resort for no extra charge. I wonder which ones will be the most popular. Although I would assume that many will just cancel.

BCV and Poly are my two favourites. SAB and quick access to the parks is mostly why I like BCV so much.

for resort only, Poly would be my choice as well.
Poly has beautiful grounds to walk around and explore - and both pools are lovely and relaxing. The balconies are bigger for sitting out and enjoying. The studios as a whole are bigger there as well. Enjoy!

I did not realize that people with reservations at non-DVC hotels between July 4-11 have been given the option to move to any DVC resort for no extra charge. I wonder which ones will be the most popular. Although I would assume that many will just cancel.
Sounds like they've been mostly moving them to SSR or OKW. To move at no charge they have no choice of where they're placed, although they can still cancel if they don't like the placement.

I don’t think they get to choose; I believe they are assigned a DVC resort. If they want to switch from the assigned resort, I think they have to pay the difference.

BCV and Poly are my two favourites. SAB and quick access to the parks is mostly why I like BCV so much.

for resort only, Poly would be my choice as well.
Poly has beautiful grounds to walk around and explore - and both pools are lovely and relaxing. The balconies are bigger for sitting out and enjoying. The studios as a whole are bigger there as well. Enjoy!
Yes...so beautiful. And I think I remember once walking from GF to Poly a long time ago...is there still a path?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter