Change you would like to see in America.

des1954

DIS Veteran
What "change" would you suggest to our President Elect?

Turn the Mall in DC into a huge campground with full hook-up's, CATV & free Wi-Fi!

Because the property belongs to the citizens of this country, there would be no charge to stay with a valid birth certificate!

What "change" would you suggest to our President Elect?

Tackle the dependence on foreign oil with the same vigor we saw in the space race. Throw the resources needed to get hydrogen fuel cell cars into widespread usage. We can't keep shoveling our wealth into the pockets of Opec. Not to mention that we would again have a product the world wants, reinvigorating our manufacturing prowess. There is a lot of R&D, manufacturing, and infrastructure improvements to be done to make it a reality, and it would take a "space-race" kind of thrust to get it done in 4-8 years, but it is certainly possible. That's change I can believe in.

1. Work towards improving our economic problems (not looking for miracles) without handouts and bailouts. Don't reward greed. Let the markets balance so Americans don't require such heavy debt merely to survive. Hold people accountable for their actions.

2. Smaller, better managed Government. Reduce spending, pork etc.

3. Agreed - tackle the oil issue. Focus on alternative energy - both for vehicles and power. Open the Bakken Reserve and ANWR.

4. Serious changes to our current system. Reduce Congress and the Senate. Make the positions voluntary - no salaries. Term limits. Enough is enough of this mess and of ignoring the constituents.

5. Stop the nepotism involved in gov't purchasing. Require agencies to go out rather than shop limited vendors - case in point DH's organization was just forced to pay $3k for computers we'd buy from Dell for $1200 - that kind of C**P adds up. They had to go with the negotiated contracts - STOP THAT.

6. Changes in how we elect officials. First, split the electoral college - this is supposed to be about the people's will and frankly people in states that tip red or blue are not given a voice. Texas Democrats are ignored, Californian Republicans are ignored - it's not right.

7. Seriously limit campaign spending. The amount of money spent on this election is seriously offensive and irresponsible given the economic condition of this Nation.

8. No more campaign ads - not one.

9. Equal media time for ALL candidates - you host one for 30 minutes you host all for 30 minutes or you don't host anyone.

10. More debates and ALL candidates are invited. We can't make a real decision if we don't have a chance to know all the candidates. We haven't been given real choice. There can't be real change if we only have two options and both options are frankly from the current screw ups. There's no real accountability, because the people don't really have a voice. We can't say "You're outa here!" if they don't heed our wishes and both sides have made a mess of things with the greed. No more excluding candidates with ridiculous rules - if you're on the ballot you're invited to the debate - PERIOD.

11. Filing for candidacy - if it's a NATIONAL office then it should be a one stop deal. No more of this individual state nonsense. One filing and you're on all ballots.

12. Stop this primary nonsense. It should be a one day election - where everyone gets an equal voice to nominate their guy.

I am sure there are many more things, but that's all off the top of my head... We simply have to have more accountability... The people have to have some power and frankly right now we don't. If this fiasco occurred 200 years ago the entire lot would be on the next ship to England. We wouldn't have taken it - now it seems we just bend over and ask for more.

Turn the Mall in DC into a huge campground with full hook-up's, CATV & free Wi-Fi!

Because the property belongs to the citizens of this country, there would be no charge to stay with a valid birth certificate!

I AGREE!!!

Simply, I want the greater population of Americans to be proud of their birth again! I want us not to pray for God to be on our side, but rather for American citizens to pray that we be on God's side!

I want to see politicians work for citizens vs work for re-election and lining their pockets!

1- It's not a new idea, I just hope Obama is able to make his help pay for college plan happen. My 9th grader has been talking about it quite a bit. She loves the idea of community service in exchange for college. I hope they are able to get that worked out in the next 4 years.

2- Goverment help or tax breaks for people using alternative energy. We checked into getting one of those windmill set ups in our backyard to create our own power. There is too much red tape to cut through just to be allowed to have one. AND it was about $50,000 !! :scared1:

3- Figure out a way to create new jobs and encourage companies to base their operations here. We are dying here in Michigan :sad2:

4- Stop spending money in other countries and put us FIRST. I don't mean to sound heartless....I certainly feel for people hurting around the world. But we need to make OUR country strong and take care of our own starving/sick people first. Something is wrong when we spend billions of dollars helping fight someone else's war when we have so many financial problems on our own soil.

More tolerance!!!!!!!!!!!!

and free beer of course, but only if it's Canadian beer! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

More tolerance!!!!!!!!!!!!

and free beer of course, but only if it's Canadian beer! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Heck Al....every body here tolerates me 'n you.....what more can you expect??:lmao:

Free gasoline to all retired truck drivers from MO that own a 1986 Fleetwood Southwind (restrictions necessary to hold down cost).:rolleyes1

Designation of all rides/attractions in WDW as National Monuments to keep the suits from takin em out.:idea:

I would like to see a limit on campaigning for national office to the year of the election. I was sick of it 2 years ago.

I would like to see the presidential candidates each get a set amount of money from the gov. to run for the office. No contributions from anywhere else allowed. Both get the same amount and spend it how you want. If you spend it too fast then you get no more. No more buying elections and being beholden to special interests. And also not having one politcal commercial after another for 2 years.

1. Work towards improving our economic problems (not looking for miracles) without handouts and bailouts. Don't reward greed. Let the markets balance so Americans don't require such heavy debt merely to survive. Hold people accountable for their actions.

2. Smaller, better managed Government. Reduce spending, pork etc.

3. Agreed - tackle the oil issue. Focus on alternative energy - both for vehicles and power. Open the Bakken Reserve and ANWR.

4. Serious changes to our current system. Reduce Congress and the Senate. Make the positions voluntary - no salaries. Term limits. Enough is enough of this mess and of ignoring the constituents.

5. Stop the nepotism involved in gov't purchasing. Require agencies to go out rather than shop limited vendors - case in point DH's organization was just forced to pay $3k for computers we'd buy from Dell for $1200 - that kind of C**P adds up. They had to go with the negotiated contracts - STOP THAT.

6. Changes in how we elect officials. First, split the electoral college - this is supposed to be about the people's will and frankly people in states that tip red or blue are not given a voice. Texas Democrats are ignored, Californian Republicans are ignored - it's not right.

7. Seriously limit campaign spending. The amount of money spent on this election is seriously offensive and irresponsible given the economic condition of this Nation.

8. No more campaign ads - not one.

9. Equal media time for ALL candidates - you host one for 30 minutes you host all for 30 minutes or you don't host anyone.

10. More debates and ALL candidates are invited. We can't make a real decision if we don't have a chance to know all the candidates. We haven't been given real choice. There can't be real change if we only have two options and both options are frankly from the current screw ups. There's no real accountability, because the people don't really have a voice. We can't say "You're outa here!" if they don't heed our wishes and both sides have made a mess of things with the greed. No more excluding candidates with ridiculous rules - if you're on the ballot you're invited to the debate - PERIOD.

11. Filing for candidacy - if it's a NATIONAL office then it should be a one stop deal. No more of this individual state nonsense. One filing and you're on all ballots.

12. Stop this primary nonsense. It should be a one day election - where everyone gets an equal voice to nominate their guy.

I am sure there are many more things, but that's all off the top of my head... We simply have to have more accountability... The people have to have some power and frankly right now we don't. If this fiasco occurred 200 years ago the entire lot would be on the next ship to England. We wouldn't have taken it - now it seems we just bend over and ask for more.

:thumbsup2

4- Stop spending money in other countries and put us FIRST. I don't mean to sound heartless....I certainly feel for people hurting around the world. But we need to make OUR country strong and take care of our own starving/sick people first. Something is wrong when we spend billions of dollars helping fight someone else's war when we have so many financial problems on our own soil.

I absolutely agree with this. Also, its sad that our prisoners have it better than some of the senior citizens, that needs to be changed immediately.

I love all these ideas too... I especially like the idea of being able to use community service to pay for college. I completely agree with #4 - passionately even... Here's the problem though - well the worry at least... Obama has this Global Poverty plan - in a nutshell it's a tax on us and on corporations (which we'll still pay in the end) to provide global relief. I'm very much against this idea for the reasons you already stated. We need to take care of business at home first - and we have one heck of a mess. I also am against it, because I prefer freedom. Americans are generous - just look at the donations we've made in the past when there has been a need. I personally prefer that someone ask for my money and that I be given a choice whether or not to give it. I think we should have that right. As for me I'd rather help an American child attend college or have a pair of shoes. I do a number of things every year - mostly domestic (MY CHOICE), but also some international. Almost everything I do is child oriented - my soft spot, my choice... Really that's the way it should be. JMO

1- It's not a new idea, I just hope Obama is able to make his help pay for college plan happen. My 9th grader has been talking about it quite a bit. She loves the idea of community service in exchange for college. I hope they are able to get that worked out in the next 4 years.

2- Goverment help or tax breaks for people using alternative energy. We checked into getting one of those windmill set ups in our backyard to create our own power. There is too much red tape to cut through just to be allowed to have one. AND it was about $50,000 !! :scared1:

3- Figure out a way to create new jobs and encourage companies to base their operations here. We are dying here in Michigan :sad2:

I totally agree. Not that I don't feel bad for the other people but we should tend to our own first!

Tax credits for motor scooter riders.
As a scooter rider I think that is a fine idea! :thumbsup2

I would like to see some serious efforts made towards our environmental issues. Make big companies change their ways. Stop all the polluting.

I would also like to see the government stop wasting so much money. Stop bailing out these companies with our tax dollars. Let them fail. They screwed up not us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter