"Change" we can believe in

big kahuna1

DIS Veteran
Here is that "Change" we can believe in in the One's StimuLIE or StimulAss bill he is pushing.

900 Billion...of which:

1 billion for Amtrak
2 billion for shild care subisidies
50 million for the NEA
400 million for Global Warming Research (I thought this was already settled?)
2.4 billion for Carbon-Capture Demonstration projects
650 million more for the Digital TV Box
600 million to buy new gubbament cars
252 billion for income transfer payments(what that is I have no idea)
81 billion for medicaid
36 billion foir unemployment
20 billion for food stamps
83 billion for earned income credits
66 billion for education
54 billion for crap to nowhwere

and so on and on and on.

Oh wait! there actually is some stimulus in the bill although not what is needed but there is some.

70 billion for infrastucture
20 billion for tax cuts

This amounts to about 12 cents of every so called stimulus dollar will go to actual stimulus means.

HOPE AND CHANGE WE CAN BELEIVE IN!

The Republicans need to let the Dems own this one all on their own. But as usual, they do not have the spines to say NO!

I think it is change - I bet no other president spent so much money so soon after his inauguration.

While watching a morning news program, people had e-mailed in wanting to know how this package will directly effect them. If making under $75,000.00 it would mean there would be all of $12.00 more in your pay check. Less with holding. Yep...a WHOLE $12.00. (folks are just gonna break the bank with that:rolleyes2 )

As far as money set aside for repairing the roads/bridges/rails... All this takes time, and it's likely that only ONE third of the money set aside for this purpose will actually be used over the first two years. :rolleyes2 While everyone seems to think it's a great idea to get working on the roads(lord knows we need it around here)...they have to deal with state and local governments to get it done. Oh yeah..that's gonna be quick..:sad2:

They will extend unemployment benefits. I don't think it's gonna be for nearly as long as it's gonna take this stimulus package to kick in though. :sad1:

Don't forget, he wants to give everyone a tax break as well!!! It sure is nice of China to loan us all that money!!! :lmao::lmao:

Everyone repeat after me....

谢谢Obama先生,但我祝愿您有半新一些润滑油或指定我们的Al最少伸手可及的距离。

Don't forget, he wants to give everyone a tax break as well!!! It sure is nice of China to loan us all that money!!! :lmao::lmao:

What were you trying to say about lubricating oil???? :rotfl2:

Since this bill is all "PORK" we should call our legislators and demand they subsidize the rates at Fort Wilderness Campground...at least for a few years. Let's get them back down to around $25.00 a night. This would help us out more than anything they want to spend it on right now.:thumbsup2

"But I wish you to have the almost new some lubricating oil or to assign our Al to be least the distance at arm's length"

As far as "ownership" of this goes, I understood the news to say that this passed the House w/o any Republicans voting Yes. The all-knowing US public not only annointed The One, they also gave him undefeatable majorities in Congress. So much for the concept of checks and balances. Anything he wants will go through because there are not enough dissenting voices in Congress to force debate and cooperation. (They didn't learn their lesson from Bush's first term, they just changed from Democrat to Republican).

I would love to know what the NEA is going to do with that money when our school district is contemplating cutting salaries by 2% next year.:faint:

The only change that is taking place is the change that used to be in my pocket is now going to be in somebody else's pocket.

Since the Messiah is having a problem selling his "Stimulus" package to us minions out here (It's really a "StimuLIE" package) he is now ordering that it be called a "Recovery" Package.

Apparently, the word stimulus may give too much of an impression that the bill spends a gigantic load of tax dollars.

The word “recovery,” however, has a lot more hope in it. And “hope,” if you’ll remember from the campaign, was a major theme of the new president.

HOPE and CHANGE WE CAN ALL BELIEVE IN NOW!:rolleyes2

"It may take longer than the first year...it MAY take more than ONE term..."

I read this on another thread, this stimulus or "recovery" package is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic!

Hey, lets spend $200 million to fix up the national mall, maybe we can even put up some walls around it so you can't see the homeless veterans sleeping in the cold!

Now none of us are politicians so we obviously can't comprehend the issues here.:scratchin

We are just to work hard, be taxed as our patriotic duty, and those smarter than us will take any excess earnings for redistribution purposes.:guilty:

Haven't civil wars been started over this kind of lunacy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter