Change to ADRs & special diet requests

mamabunny

DIS Veteran
We just made an ADR for an upcoming trip, and in the terms & conditions that you must agree to, our daughter spotted the following text:

If you or anyone in your party has either with 4 or more allergy-friendly requests, requires pureed meals, or adheres to a medically-restrictive diet (such as very low protein), contact Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com in advance to request a Special Dietary Request Form.

Obviously, this does not apply to a lot of Guests at WDW, but for those who need those types of special diet support for dining, it's important to note the change.

Curious as to what has changed? There’s been a note about special diets for years on ADRs. Did they change the wording?

Curious as to what has changed? There’s been a note about special diets for years on ADRs. Did they change the wording?

Yes; also just wanted everyone to remember to request the Special Dietary Request Form; if you, or another member of your travel party, are one of the people who falls into one of the groups mentioned, I would definitely reach out to Special Diets via the email link in my original post.

Given that we are seeing changes at Uni around how disability services are being implemented, we all might want to be more aware of Disney's current policies so that no one is surprised when they get to the Parks. I think we all want to have the best, smoothest experience possible :-)

Yes; also just wanted everyone to remember to request the Special Dietary Request Form; if you, or another member of your travel party, are one of the people who falls into one of the groups mentioned, I would definitely reach out to Special Diets via the email link in my original post.

Given that we are seeing changes at Uni around how disability services are being implemented, we all might want to be more aware of Disney's current policies so that no one is surprised when they get to the Parks. I think we all want to have the best, smoothest experience possible :-)

Thanks for the reply. I’ve contacted Special Diets and used the form before since I have multiple allergies outside of the Top 9 but haven’t in several years. So many times the chefs either never get them or it goes to a chef who won’t be there. Fortunately the chefs are almost always amazing. Definitely appreciate all the work they do to keep us all happy and safe.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve contacted Special Diets and used the form before since I have multiple allergies outside of the Top 9 but haven’t in several years. So many times the chefs either never get them or it goes to a chef who won’t be there. Fortunately the chefs are almost always amazing. Definitely appreciate all the work they do to keep us all happy and safe.

This change in wording has left us wondering if (given the increased integration of accessibility into MDE) they have had a back-end operational change of some sort to give dining locations a heads-up about known issues for Guests who have notified Special Diets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter