• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Change my mind about Cabana Bay

hmcater

Mouseketeer
I have us booked for 2 nights in late August at Cabana Bay in a courtyard family suite. But now looking at pictures, the room looks small to me for a suite. There are 6 of us, 2 adults and kids ages 14, 11, 7 & 4. Would love to hear from anyone that has stayed there and your thoughts. Thank you

I haven't stayed there, but just looking at the square footage, it's definitely not large. It's 20 sf smaller than a standard room at the Portofino.

My family of six (me, my husband, 2 20 year olds and 2 17 year olds) stayed there for one night last year. It is small, but had enough room for us. The kids took the room with the two beds and my husband and I slept on the pullout sofa. Again, it was small, but it was a great price and a nice room for a short stay. We would absolutely do it again if we needed a room for a night or two.

We stayed there a few nights for HHN 2014 - 3 adults, 17, and 14. It was great. The bathroom is situated the best I have ever seen. It wasn't spacious, but it was efficient and decorated really cute. I didn't think I would like the theme from the photos but I did. The things I didn't like had nothing to do with the room. I didn't like where the buses dropped us and I didn't like not having unlimited Express (FOTL) passes. If it had the FOTL perk, we would totally be there for our May trip.

It's only for two nights, so I'm going to keep it and we'll see how it goes! Thank you for the responses.

Just got back from CBBR yesterday. We were fortunate to stay with my daughter's employee discount and got a suite for $50 plus parking ($12). I agree that the suite is small and there is WAYYY too much stuff crammed into it. The bedroom area is somewhat spacious but the sitting area is tiny and when you open the pull out, there is no room at all. There is the sofa bed, 2 arm chairs, 3 small tables (that you have to figure out where to put when you open the pull out) and a breakfast bar with 2 stools. The privacy divider makes the area even smaller. The drawers, set into the privacy divider, can only be opened about 8 inches before you hit a bed.

I found the toilet/shower set up also bizarre. The toilet is in its own little room. Then there is a vanity with 1 sink, then another room with another sink and the shower. You have to remember to take a shower towel from the vanity into the shower area as there are none stored near the shower. There is also no fan in the shower room so the mirror over the sink is totally useless after your shower. This also takes too much room from the closet. It is set in the back of the room, sideways. There is no room for luggage at all. IMHO, they should have kept the toilet with the shower (and added a fan and a towel rack), made the vanity a double sink and given the space saved to make the closet bigger.

On the flip side, the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in! I actually liked the resort. It is a bigger, nicer version of Pop Century (our go to resort at WDW) The lobby, food court area, pool and its attached bar are much nicer than Pop and, unlike the rooms, well thought out. I would not hesitate to stay here again, especially given the rate available to me through my daughter. But we only had 3 adults in the room. I could see adding a couple of small children but not more than that, mostly because of the lack of storage space. We don't like living out of a suitcase & unpack as soon as we arrive.

Last edited:
Thank you for the review! And based on that, I moved us to 2 rooms at RPH LOL

Last edited:

Just got back from CBBR yesterday. We were fortunate to stay with my daughter's employee discount and got a suite for $50 plus parking ($12). I agree that the suite is small and there is WAYYY too much stuff crammed into it. The bedroom area is somewhat spacious but the sitting area is tiny and when you open the pull out, there is no room at all. There is the sofa bed, 2 arm chairs, 3 small tables (that you have to figure out where to put when you open the pull out) and a breakfast bar with 2 stools. The privacy divider makes the area even smaller. The drawers, set into the privacy divider, can only be opened about 8 inches before you hit a bed.

I found the toilet/shower set up also bizarre. The toilet is in its own little room. Then there is a vanity with 1 sink, then another room with another sink and the shower. You have to remember to take a shower towel from the vanity into the shower area as there are none stored near the shower. There is also no fan in the shower room so the mirror over the sink is totally useless after your shower. This also takes too much room from the closet. It is set in the back of the room, sideways. There is no room for luggage at all. IMHO, they should have kept the toilet with the shower (and added a fan and a towel rack), made the vanity a double sink and given the space saved to make the closet bigger.

On the flip side, the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in! I actually liked the resort. It is a bigger, nicer version of Pop Century (our go to resort at WDW) The lobby, food court area, pool and its attached bar are much nicer than Pop and, unlike the rooms, well thought out. I would not hesitate to stay here again, especially given the rate available to me through my daughter. But we only had 3 adults in the room. I could see adding a couple of small children but not more than that, mostly because of the lack of storage space. We don't like living out of a suitcase & unpack as soon as we arrive.

Thank you for your review. We were considering Cabana Bay, but it definitely seems a lot smaller than other hotel suites we've stayed in (even the family suite at Disney's All Star Music) and the layout seems a lot different too. I like the theming of the rooms and resort, but overall it just wouldn't work for our family of seven (our youngest is 14 months old). However, we would probably have more of an incentive to stay there for a night or two if Cabana Bay guests got the express passes :)

OMG!!!! funny towels were mentioned. Wasnt til inwas getting out i realized inly washclothes in the shower area. No real privacy using the bathroom area if with friends. Walls have NO insulation and you hear everything in your room, upstairs and next to you. Last night there family moved in next door and they let the kid cry for HOURS til I bangged on the door demanding a pacifier in the kid. Next day we saw them at Universal and the kids knocke a bunch of glasses on the floor at one of the shops. Kis was 3 to 4. Rooms are very small as there was only 2 of us. If you will b out all day and onky using it for sleep you are good. Bathroom is in the bedroom so people have to go throught at night.

I have stayed in the standard and suites and find both roomy. The only sound problems I had was when I was not in the tower. Go to the tower suites, it's much quieter. I also find them brighter decor wise than Disney's value. I've stated many times that the CB resort puts Disney's values to shame. Especially since the values with the possible exception of AoA is overrun with teen groups and look like they desparetely need a rehab. And for the most part I've found Cabana bay to be competively priced.

The only way CB would work for 6 people was if you got two connecting suites. So maybe it's for the best that you switched

I have stayed in the standard and suites and find both roomy. The only sound problems I had was when I was not in the tower. Go to the tower suites, it's much quieter. I also find them brighter decor wise than Disney's value. I've stated many times that the CB resort puts Disney's values to shame. Especially since the values with the possible exception of AoA is overrun with teen groups and look like they desparetely need a rehab. And for the most part I've found Cabana bay to be competively priced.

The only way CB would work for 6 people was if you got two connecting suites. So maybe it's for the best that you switched

We're planning on staying there with 6 people. Are there not enough beds?

We are staying one night next week just to try it out. We booked a tower pool family suite for the 3 of us. We are planning to hang out all day and use the pool and hotel activities. Then we move over to RPR for the next 4 days. We just decided to give it a try for fun, no parks that day or Citywalk.

Well I changed my mind again, so we are going to try it. I couldn't justify the cost of two rooms at the other hotels. Plus I got the 25% off at cheap tickets and got the family suite for $144 a night! So I'm happy.

Well I changed my mind again, so we are going to try it. I couldn't justify the cost of two rooms at the other hotels. Plus I got the 25% off at cheap tickets and got the family suite for $144 a night! So I'm happy.

I'm going to be staying there with my family of 6 from this Friday-Tuesday. I've gone back and forth between being nervous and thinking it'll be fine. We're staying at Portofino the first two nights, so hopefully the kids aren't disappointed when we get to CB. The price of the room was too good to pass up, though! I'll report back and let you know!

I'm going to be staying there with my family of 6 from this Friday-Tuesday. I've gone back and forth between being nervous and thinking it'll be fine. We're staying at Portofino the first two nights, so hopefully the kids aren't disappointed when we get to CB. The price of the room was too good to pass up, though! I'll report back and let you know!
That would be great! Thank you!

We're a family of 4 with 2 teens, and we really love the family suites at Cabana Bay, there are enough beds for 6 counting the pullout couch, though I agree the rooms aren't particularly large. In our case, my teens will NOT share a bed, so we love the convenience of the pull out couch. We didn't mind the bathroom set up, liked that one could be taking a shower while another was using the toilet and a 3rd could be fixing hair, etc. We're staying there again this weekend for my 17 year old's birthday, and we're excited about it! Of course, we're semi local, so the express, while we love it, isn't a deal breaker for us.

I find it has more room than I expected. Granted it is only 3 of us. I love the resort itself, only wish it had express pass and access to ferries. Pool area and bowling alley are pretty cool. The beds aren't all that comfy but we've slept fine. Tbh we stayed for 2 nights at HRH last year and I was not impressed with the room.

We're planning on staying there with 6 people. Are there not enough beds?

There are two good size beds and a pull out sofa. I was just thinking that six people in the suite sounds tight. The good part is that there are two sinks and the toilet is separate from the shower. This makes is easier to use the bathroom. There is also a good amount of seating. The website states that is fits up to six people

that's great you have two sinks
another fab feature is toilet and shower are separate and wonderful for the family's needs.

that's great you have two sinks
another fab feature is toilet and shower are separate and wonderful for the family's needs.
It is really nice. You can use one while the other is occupied.

The two sinks are nice. So we didn't have to crowd around it. There is a dresser on the bottom of the separtor that operates both ways. It is an efficient suite.

We had two issues. It was noisy in the open corridors area. Didn't have that problem in the tower. Also the two tvs are close enough that one remote can change the channel on both of them. We learned to shield the remote with our hand and that stopped it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter