Chances on walk up dining...

misskari

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm a solo traveler for the last week in April. Do you think my chances are good/fair/nada for getting a table with the walk-up dining feature for places like Carthay Circle alfresco dining, and Lamplighters? I didn't make reservations early on, I felt weird being a solo traveler, and I want to be a bit more in the moment with dining choices.

Do I have a decent chance?

Hi! I'm a solo traveler for the last week in April. Do you think my chances are good/fair/nada for getting a table with the walk-up dining feature for places like Carthay Circle alfresco dining, and Lamplighters? I didn't make reservations early on, I felt weird being a solo traveler, and I want to be a bit more in the moment with dining choices.

Do I have a decent chance?

Yes, but only if you try to join the list AS SOON as the place opens. Look on the app for the hours and be there 5 minutes early. Keep refreshing until the button shows up. You can get in this way very easily. They will often close the walk up list and once you get beyond 5 minutes after opening, the wait times can be in excess of 45 minutes. Lamplight Lounge almost always has walk up availability for the downstairs portion and for that one, you have to be at the podium outside about 15 minutes before they open and they will put your name down. The upstairs "Boardwalk Dining" SAYS it's open daily from 11:30-5:00 but is is almost NEVER actually open. I can't even recall the last time I saw it open. Not sure what the deal is there, buy don't count on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter