Chances of changing a FP

Anabelletoronto

Mouseketeer
People on this board keep saying that it's easy to switch an ADR and FP as you get closer to your trip.
No it isn't!!! ;) I'm trying so hard.
It doesn't matter. My plans are okay. I really want to change my 1900 dinner for an earlier time but nothing is coming up. And I wouldn't mind making my FP earlier in the day to open up the chance of a 4th FP on the day but I'm sure that may be doable when we get there.
I don't want to pay to be part of the TP alerts because like I said, my plans are pretty good.
Just wanted to hear some stories of changes once you get there.
My trip starts Nov 13.

The TP app is free. You have to have an account, but it doesn't have to be a paid account.

I can't tell you about ADRs as we bring all of our own food in, but as for changing FP+, yeah, it's not hard at all. It actually gets easier to do the closer you get to that day. For example, I'm in my window right now to book FP+ for our Thanksgiving trip...our window is 30 days since we're offsite and AP holders. It's very difficult for me to change what I get now, as not a ton of people are changing their plans for 28, 29 or 30 days out right now. But when we're there, I have zero doubt that I'll be able to change them, and change them often. We do it all the time. It's amazing how fluid FP+ times become 24 hours out. Hit refresh on MDE and a whole new crop of time slots will show up.

The TP app is free. You have to have an account, but it doesn't have to be a paid account.
Hi! What is the TP app please. I am going in early December and welcome good tips! :) Thank you!

I can't tell you about ADRs as we bring all of our own food in, but as for changing FP+, yeah, it's not hard at all. It actually gets easier to do the closer you get to that day. For example, I'm in my window right now to book FP+ for our Thanksgiving trip...our window is 30 days since we're offsite and AP holders. It's very difficult for me to change what I get now, as not a ton of people are changing their plans for 28, 29 or 30 days out right now. But when we're there, I have zero doubt that I'll be able to change them, and change them often. We do it all the time. It's amazing how fluid FP+ times become 24 hours out. Hit refresh on MDE and a whole new crop of time slots will show up.

I'm hoping that hold true for us, the only ride I haven't been able to get for my mom who joined us last minute is Frozen. (FOP and SDMT weren't available either, but we can rider swap for those). Fingers crossed!

I'm hoping that hold true for us, the only ride I haven't been able to get for my mom who joined us last minute is Frozen. (FOP and SDMT weren't available either, but we can rider swap for those). Fingers crossed!

Frozen can be a tough one too, but I got it same day several times this past summer. If you can't get it as a FP+, do standby before 11am. It's 100% standby and the line isn't long. We waited between 3 and 15 minutes, with us arriving around 9:15-9:30am.

I have tried joining for free but all I can find is the paid subscription page. Where should I go on the page? Thanks!

To the side of where you subscribe, under "why join" is a link to the basic/free: Basic: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join/basic

Just wanted to hear some stories of changes once you get there.
My trip starts Nov 13.

My getting last minute FP and ADRs is really last minute. Usually, 1-2 days before or day of. In January, we changed many FP day of and got what we wanted. We also made day of ADRs for some good places.

We had great success changing the day of on the fly. Not for huge ones like FoP but for most others. Especially when making 4th+ FPs. I found that just book anything available for your 4th FP then check the app frequently and it was awesome what popped up. Example - book Figment FP, check 5 min later and presto, Soarin FP's.

Well if you think about it, we all make our best guess at what we want/when we want it when it comes to ADRs and FPs. Once we are there, things change, and that's when people start moving things around and new options pop up. So if you don't get the ADR you want before you leave, keep TP looking, it could still happen. And for FPs, "refresh" is your friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter