Chance to go to DL but didn't bring AP...

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
Moving my daughter into her college apartment in Fullerton. Unexpectedly had to stay an extra day. I know I can get in to dl since my ap is on the app, but can I get my daughter and her roomie in with the 40% off friends deal without my physical pass? And if so, can they park hop once they're in if I'm not with them? I have to leave for the airport around 3 but can they stay as long as they want?

One last question: roomie would be driving. Can we get free parking without my physical ap?

Thanks so much!

If you have your I.D. and it's on your phone, I would think you should be fine. They should be fine park hopping too. I might call just to confirm, though.

Once when I didn’t have my physical pass, they made me pay for parking but refunded it at the ticket booth.

They can park hop after you leave.

Not positive on buying the discounted pass, but I imagine they’d make it work for you?

Thank you. I called the AP number first and the cm didn't know about being able to get the friends and family day passes, but she said I could always pay $20 for a replacement pass and then use that. I was hoping for a more definitive answer but at least I know we can get in one way or another and they can stay after I leave for the airport!

I don't think you'll have an issue getting them in, and you don't need to pay the $20 for the pass. I do recommend making sure your phone has the latest DL app update, and make sure you can pull up your ticket before going to the park. Everyone there (in my experience) can scan the ticket, and I've gone there without my pass and only used my phone with no issue.

Have a great time.

Thanks Mary Jo and Matt! Do you know if we'll be able to get fp's? I thought I'd read that you couldn't get them without your physical pass.

Thanks Mary Jo and Matt! Do you know if we'll be able to get fp's? I thought I'd read that you couldn't get them without your physical pass.
You can explain at one of the FP ticket booths and they can get you a FP card to use. Unless you are doing MaxPass, then your phone is good.

Wait... can someone explain the 40% off friends and family discount? I’ve never heard of this? Is it just for a short time?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...eyland-resort-annual-passholders-this-summer/

It's a great deal if your AP is good to go on the day your friends can go to the parks.

For the OP: how did things work out?

Wellllll....we were good to go as far as using the app to get in, but dd's boyfriend broke up with her via text message and promptly blocked her on everything so she was hit by a bolt out of the blue. They had recently made a trip together to DL and she couldn't bear the thought of going under the circumstances. :(

ETA: but thanks to all of you who offered advice and assistance! It would have cost us $109 (on a summer Sunday) for a park hopper for each girl. I believe gate price for that ticket is $187.

Oh no! Well, thank you for finding out about using your AP on the app and letting us know about that. Give your DD a big hug from everyone here!

Oh no! Well, thank you for finding out about using your AP on the app and letting us know about that. Give your DD a big hug from everyone here!
Thank you! It was hard to leave her like that, but her roommate is wonderful (they had only met a few times--each had searched for a roommate online and clicked) and really took her under her wing. DD did a lot of crying but decided to focus on school and looking for a job for now. Everyone is telling her she'll meet new people and in her major (musical theatre) they form a sort of family so I'll be glad when school starts next week. Right now she's in a strange town with no car and only knows her roomie so it's harder to get through the days without thinking about her BF 500 miles away and wondering over and over what happened. I'm very glad I'm not 18.

Thank you! It was hard to leave her like that, but her roommate is wonderful (they had only met a few times--each had searched for a roommate online and clicked) and really took her under her wing. DD did a lot of crying but decided to focus on school and looking for a job for now. Everyone is telling her she'll meet new people and in her major (musical theatre) they form a sort of family so I'll be glad when school starts next week. Right now she's in a strange town with no car and only knows her roomie so it's harder to get through the days without thinking about her BF 500 miles away and wondering over and over what happened. I'm very glad I'm not 18.

Oh I'm so sorry!

I quoted this comment specifically, by the way, to confirm about theatre family. Even in the professional world (I work in theatre for a living) I still see a lot of it happening, but especially at the college level. She'll find a lifetime network of people that will be another family to her.

I hope that horrible experience doesn't sour her on Disney for too long :(

Oh I'm so sorry!

I quoted this comment specifically, by the way, to confirm about theatre family. Even in the professional world (I work in theatre for a living) I still see a lot of it happening, but especially at the college level. She'll find a lifetime network of people that will be another family to her.

I hope that horrible experience doesn't sour her on Disney for too long :(
Thank you for that encouragement! I'm so happy to hear it verified about theatre family. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter