Chance of getting park passes?

JenniferYoung44

Mouseketeer
We are going 4/10-4/18. 3 in our group have park passes for the days we need, but we adding 2 more people and some of the parks we want arent available anymore. Are more added as people cancel. Is it worth stalking to website for new availability? This is the first time Im lastr minute planning and its stressing me out. Can we change within our group? Like two who have passes give them to 2 who dont and go to a park with availability? One of the kids we are adding on this will be their only trip so trying to make sure she gets to all of the parks. TIA

Yes, it's worth stalking. It seems that sometimes the pools of guests are reconfigured, people cancel, or for whatever reason, spots occasionally become available.

No, there's no way to "switch", unless you can find a cast member who would be able to go into the system and do it for you somehow.

Check as often as you can as the parks are extremely busy. Some have been successful securing a last minute park reservation but sadly others have not.

Hope you can secure reservations for your extra people!!

As others have said, all you can do is stalk and keep checking. People change their minds and cancel all the time.
Its just a matter of looking at the right time.

Make sure you're actually attempting to get the park reservations, instead of just relying on the calendar. Ignore the calendar and try anyways, multiple times daily if possible.

I feel your pain! I tried switching park days and didn’t check the calendar first. I thought it was like old FP or dining reservations and if I saw the park it was available. It’s not. :(. My fault I know but now we have nothing for spring break. I am scared to tell my husband and kids. This was our first family trip and was supposed to happen March 2020 then June 2020, but Covid...

My DD just realize we are missing one of the kids. I was hoping at worst we could leave grandpa in the room and switch his to her. But we are both trying to click 50 times a day.

Update.....4 hours and 300 clicks later, we found one for the missing child.

Last edited:

I feel your pain! I tried switching park days and didn’t check the calendar first. I thought it was like old FP or dining reservations and if I saw the park it was available. It’s not. :(. My fault I know but now we have nothing for spring break. I am scared to tell my husband and kids. This was our first family trip and was supposed to happen March 2020 then June 2020, but Covid...
This is so awful!!!
I hope you can get reservations 🤞

We are going 4/10-4/18. 3 in our group have park passes for the days we need, but we adding 2 more people and some of the parks we want arent available anymore. Are more added as people cancel. Is it worth stalking to website for new availability? This is the first time Im lastr minute planning and its stressing me out. Can we change within our group? Like two who have passes give them to 2 who dont and go to a park with availability? One of the kids we are adding on this will be their only trip so trying to make sure she gets to all of the parks. TIA

On availability calendar there appears to be more openings now; may want to try again!

Yes, it seems to be worth stalking the site often. We have a party with 2 AP holders and 3 ticket holders and our entire week in April was filled for HS for ticket holders. The day we needed just opened up this morning so I was finally able to get them. Now I'm crossing my fingers that Saturday will open up for AP holders as it's currently unavailable for all parks. I can't imagine Disney would allow spots to be unused and would likely rearrange as the time gets closer so availability is open to other categories, but we will see.

I don't understand why the system does not operate similarly to FP or Dining. It is stressful and frustrating. I have chosen not to risk a few changes because of it. I just wonder why this system is different, since they have the technology to offer modifications before canceling.

Hopefully you were able to get some reservations!

Yes! We just scored another day of parks for next week (4/5) Looks like Epcot opened up for most of the week when it was previously unavailable. Planned the trip last minute-ish and were initially only able to get reservations for 2 days. Happy to now have 3 days of parks and 1 day of Blizzard Beach!

I don't understand why the system does not operate similarly to FP or Dining. It is stressful and frustrating. I have chosen not to risk a few changes because of it. I just wonder why this system is different, since they have the technology to offer modifications before canceling.

Hopefully you were able to get some reservations!
That was my question when I called Guest Services, please consider using the same technology as FP+ and ADR to run Reservations. I was told I wasn't the first person to ask that.

I have gotten some back, but not all. I keep looking for anyone dropping their reservations. I can get Epcot each day, but I think my kids will be fine with one Epcot day. Would love to grab an AK day, checking/stalking hard. If I pick up Epcot so I have all my reservations, then I can't see if anything else opens up, so I'm still a nervous wreck about it. Definitely not "relaxing before vacation". :)

They just added more dates for March and April for all ticket classes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter