Ceremony Musician-outdoors

bkramer

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if we have to through Disney for ceremony music if it is an outdoor venue? specifically seabreeze point?:confused3

Yes. All floral, decor and entertainment must be provided by Disney at outdoor locations.

Thanks Carrie... I don't know why that is the one I kept forgetting about.

p.s. so excited to listen to your new podcast on the recent changes.

-Brynne

Yes. All floral, decor and entertainment must be provided by Disney at outdoor locations.

Hey Carrie--

I went back and looked at your planning journal last week, and I SWEAR that I read that you had your own music playing for your ceremony. Have things changed?

I'd like to have my own music play...but you've essentially echoed what my consultant said...which is, we have to have a musician if we want music. So, she gave me a violinist in my initial quote (because I guess that's the cheapest one!), and said that we could have a $300 IPod set-up at the reception (an IPod that we have to provide. :rotfl: ). Have things just changed since you got married, or did I read it wrong and you had a musician too?

Final question...sort of off-topic, but sort of on...all floral and decor must be provided by Disney? I was planning on having my sister carry something else down the aisle (she's the maid of honor) other than a bouquet...but we were thinking of hand-making something. Same thing with boutonnieres (which I figured we could do--as I've seen boutonnieres of super heroes that I imagine are hand made on their website). Can I not do any of that?

Stupid Disney. Stupid, greedy dudes! It's the magic! :wizard:

Tiffiny

Hey Carrie--

I went back and looked at your planning journal last week, and I SWEAR that I read that you had your own music playing for your ceremony. Have things changed?

That rule just means that you have to hire Disney if you want live entertainment, like a vocalist or a musician. You can also hire Disney's sound system and someone to run it, but they'll play whatever recordings you want. That's what we did. And if you have a battery-operated system and someone to run it, you could go that route too, but you might not want to saddle one of your guests with a job, plus the sound might not be great...

So the $300 iPod quote she's giving you means you bring the ipod and arrange for someone to run it; Disney will just provide the amp and the speakers to hook it up to.

Final question...sort of off-topic, but sort of on...all floral and decor must be provided by Disney? I was planning on having my sister carry something else down the aisle (she's the maid of honor) other than a bouquet...but we were thinking of hand-making something. Same thing with boutonnieres (which I figured we could do--as I've seen boutonnieres of super heroes that I imagine are hand made on their website). Can I not do any of that?

Personal floral and decor, like bouquets and boutonnieres, is the exception to that rule. So you're OK. :thumbsup2

Carrie--

My consultant said that we can't even hire a Disney person to do the IPod outside to play our music for the ceremony. She may be wrong (and I'll clarify with my planner once I get it)--but she said that you can't do an IPod sound system in Epcot for the ceremonies...only inside at the receptions. :(

So...we'll see.

Question Carrie...did you ever feel like Disney was trying to get money out of you by omitting information concerning alternatives? For example--the bus/van thing. The vans aren't even listed on their paperwork as an option (at least they weren't on the ones I was sent). I'm buying your book (or at least someone will buy it for me for Christmas)...so maybe you'll answer the question in your book...but how do you know everything that you know? If Disney doesn't let brides know their options--how do you know about all the other spiffy alternatives?

Thanks!

Tiffiny

Carrie--

My consultant said that we can't even hire a Disney person to do the IPod outside to play our music for the ceremony. She may be wrong (and I'll clarify with my planner once I get it)--but she said that you can't do an IPod sound system in Epcot for the ceremonies...only inside at the receptions. :(

You can't have amplified music at outdoor events during park hours, but since ceremonies are held before World Showcase opens, there's no problem. Many of us have played recorded music in the various World Showcase countries for our ceremonies. Perhaps she thought you were asking about having an iPod setup at a reception in World Showcase? Often people are unaware that they can't have, like, a DJ outside in Epcot.

did you ever feel like Disney was trying to get money out of you by omitting information concerning alternatives? .... If Disney doesn't let brides know their options--how do you know about all the other spiffy alternatives?

...And that's exactly why I wrote the book! :rotfl: I don't think Disney is maliciously trying to force brides to spend more by not telling them about money-saving alternatives. You often hear brides say that their planners suggested a lot of great ways to save. But I think there are ways they prefer to do certain things—especially where transportation is concerned—that make them less inclined to offer alternatives unless you really persist.

Thank you again, Carrie. I really appreciate it. And your book is on my Christmas list. :) I really don't need anything...which drives my family nuts if they're trying to find a gift for me. So, this year, I basically just did a list of stuff I know I'll need for my wedding reception in Utah after the Disney wedding...plus, YOUR book. So, hopefully I get it from someone. :) If not, I'll buy it myself. You are a tremendous resource, and I'm positive the book will be too.

My fiance and I even started listening to your podcast too...have gotten through the changes in pricing for 2015 and the photography ones. And even though the 2015 price increase doesn't affect me with a 2014 wedding (thank goodness I had started talking to them early!!!!)--the podcast actually kind of pushed me in the direction of a dessert party. The way and your guest talked about how awesome it was, and every time I see comments from other people who have done it about how awesome it was...I totally want it. It'll probably put me way over budget...but I'm way over anyway. It'd be un-American to not say, "To hell with it! Let's spend more money!" I'm already forking over the down payment on a house...why not?

I've seen photographs of people with dessert parties where they are in their wedding attire, and also ones where they're not. Yours, for example, are in wedding attire. Has it changed to where you can't be now, or can you still? Also--your hair and dress and everything are still perfect in your dessert party photos. Did you really stay in your dress all day, or did you change and just hope your hair and makeup didn't get messed up? I'm asking because I think the timeline of your wedding/reception, since you got married in Epcot, will closely match ours.

I think if we did it...I'd want to be in my dress and get those amazing fireworks photos....

Tiffiny

My fiance and I even started listening to your podcast too...have gotten through the changes in pricing for 2015 and the photography ones. And even though the 2015 price increase doesn't affect me with a 2014 wedding (thank goodness I had started talking to them early!!!!)--the podcast actually kind of pushed me in the direction of a dessert party. The way and your guest talked about how awesome it was, and every time I see comments from other people who have done it about how awesome it was...I totally want it. It'll probably put me way over budget...but I'm way over anyway. It'd be un-American to not say, "To hell with it! Let's spend more money!" I'm already forking over the down payment on a house...why not?

:rotfl: You could even further justify it to yourself because yours will be one of the last weddings where the DP actually counts toward the minimums. :thumbsup2 It really is one of the big things that sets a DFTW apart from any other kind of wedding.

I've seen photographs of people with dessert parties where they are in their wedding attire, and also ones where they're not. Yours, for example, are in wedding attire. Has it changed to where you can't be now, or can you still?

As long as you're having a DFTW, you can wear your wedding attire inside the park for the DP. Sometimes people have their DPs the night before as a rehearsal dinner, and some people just don't want to wear their dresses all day.

Also--your hair and dress and everything are still perfect in your dessert party photos. Did you really stay in your dress all day, or did you change and just hope your hair and makeup didn't get messed up?
Tiffiny

I changed out of the dress for my afternoon nap and just slept like a Disney princess to keep my hair and makeup intact. :teeth:

We'll have to discuss our options and figure out what we want to do. I'm pretty sure we would end up doing the dessert party the night of though...so, hopefully that all works out. :)

:rotfl: You could even further justify it to yourself because yours will be one of the last weddings where the DP actually counts toward the minimums. :thumbsup2 It really is one of the big things that sets a DFTW apart from any other kind of wedding. As long as you're having a DFTW, you can wear your wedding attire inside the park for the DP. Sometimes people have their DPs the night before as a rehearsal dinner, and some people just don't want to wear their dresses all day. I changed out of the dress for my afternoon nap and just slept like a Disney princess to keep my hair and makeup intact. :teeth:[/QUOT. What is your book called !??????

Sorry I heard about your book what is it called I would love to purchase it

The book you're looking for is "PassPorter’s Disney Weddings & Honeymoons" - you can order a hard copy (I think through Amazon or most booksellers) or a ebook. If you get the ebook copy (think you can get it through disneytravelbabble), you get all updates. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter