ceo/disney contact info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bete said:
I think some of what you speak of could have been handled better, but it is a two way street. I'm not being mean, but it sounds like this was a first trip or you haven't been very often, etc. You need to dot every "i" and cross every "t" when going on vacation. You still no matter how hard you try run in to some issues that you need to deal with on vacation.

First, Roy Disney is not with Disney anymore. Using his name will be a joke with any correspondence with Disney. I hope Roy will join Disney again but right now, it's not true.

If you had changes at AAA, I think you needed to double check everything over yourself and with your travel agent, beforehand. You can't expect Disney to do it for you, especially upon arrival. Even if, this was not your fault; I would have called a few nights before the trip and I would have made sure that everything is perfect. I would think there's a way to call Disney with your AAA reservation and confirm everything or go over it with your AAA agent, again. When I have a third party involvement, I never trust it. Also, all requests may not be honered; Disney tries to do there best, but it's not guaranteed. If the AAA agent didn't guide you right, you can't blame Disney.

I'm going with an 88 year old mother-in-law who has issues with walking, etc. I've spent countless hours researching everything there is to know about the disabilities with the rides, shows, and attractions. I did not hear that you got the disabilities brochure and if you did, did you fully read and understand it? You could of downloaded the brochure ahead of time, too. If you didn't understand it, I would have had many questions ready for guest services. Also, after one ocurrence of park ride problems, I would be asking a lot more questions of guest services, cast members, etc. I certainly would not want to have the same problem happening to me over and over again, if it was negative. Also, you do have different checkpoints where you may need to show your GAC more than once. It's even true of fastpass. I don't see the big deal there.

I sure would be talking to every CM everywhere I went, if I was having issues. Some have walkie talkies, etc. and they can get further assistance, etc. to help with misunderstandings. I'm not excusing rudeness, but CMs are not paid enough to be experts. You may have run into CMs that did not have a lot of experience, especially with special needs. They have to monitor the rides. They have many job duties. It might have been a safety issue. It's hard to say without having been there with you exactly what happened.

I have very expensive equipment with me including a very good, digital camera, a notebook, and a video camera. If those items are in my room, they are locked up. I bought locks for three suitcases.

If the buses became such a big issue, I would have used my car or rented one. It's not worth ruining a vacation.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but it is a two way street with vacationing. I'm not wanting to start a war, here, but I feel you expected way too much from everyone else and very little of yourself in being better prepared. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

I didnt say i wanted to hear anything
my plans were made, everything confirmed everytrhing was DOUBLE CHECKED I had a confirmation and paid receipts in hand.
Imagine my surprise?????

I researched all passes called ahead, had documentation.

Buses almost killing us...yup thats a problem
sorry you dont think so. :earsboy:

I was overly prepared for the trip
I have been there before

this is my first trip with my disabled child
and the the rude behavior of the cast members,
was uncalled fo, r and what made the experience negative were the cast members srceaming instead of using kind voices.
and when it occured I addressed it to deaf ears , they were too busy or to self involved to care.
but I'm sure if you were treated this way, it would matter.

ducklite said:
I use a GAC for shaded areas to wait in, and this is just not feasable at every attraction. I know what you mean about some rides not finding a CM until you are halfway through the queue.

Roy is no longer with the company.

Write to:
WDW Guest Services
PO Box 10,000
LBV, FL 32830

In all honesty, it sounds like part of the problem was caused by a situation at check-in. It also sounds like you were ultra tired and perhaps a bit unreasonable with them to begin with, and it set the stage for your entire trip. If someone approached me with a chip on their shoulder, I'd probably be much less inclined to try to help, and that's what it sounds like youw ere doing.

In the future might I suggest you arrange your travel plans so you aren't as exhausted when you arrive, even if it means cutting your trip short by a day or spending a little extra on your plane fare.

I'd also be a little less emotional when you write to WDW.

Anne

I had no chip on my shoulder,
I willingly provided the GAC.

after a long flight,
and after waiting forever in the lobby you would have been tired too
One has nothing to do with the other

My trip was planned, relaxition was also planned
my arrival day was planned, it was wasted in a lobby.
YUP this put a big damper on the arrival
but when we headed to the parks we were eager for fun.................
guess we expected too much

One has nothing to do with the other

Mistakes happen, rudeness is unacceptable.

joannelee217 said:
this is my first trip with my disabled child
andthe the rude behavior ofthe cast members,
was uncalled for and what made the experience negative were the cast members srceaming instead of using kind voices.
and when it occured I addressed it to deaf ears , they were too busy or to self involved to care. but I'm sure if you were treated this way, it would matter.
I am sure you were addressing unlistening ears but deaf ears I doubt. Sorry they didn't want to listen to what you had to say but perhaps your attitude had something to do with it too. You say you were frustrated and tired in the first place. Sometimes we don't realize our tone when we are frustrated and tired.

Actually, Roy Disney is back with the Disney Company. He acknowledged the contribution to the company of Eisner's leadership, and expressed full confidence in Iger's ability to lead the company into the future, so they let him back into the company as "Director Emeritus." That doesn't make him part of the governing board of the company, but he is associated with Disney again at least as a figurehead.

Talking Hands said:
I am sure you were addressing unlistening ears but deaf ears I doubt. Sorry they didn't want to listen to what you had to say but perhaps your attitude had something to do with it too. You say you were frustrated and tired in the first place. Sometimes we don't realize our tone when we are frustrated and tired.

Of course I was tired , and no, I had no attitude, were you there???
I was polite, I was kind
and tried to be sensitive to others . On day 8 , I was sick of the rudeness. And boy do I have attitude now.......The treatment was less than warranted.

bicker said:
Actually, Roy Disney is back with the Disney Company. He acknowledged the contribution to the company of Eisner's leadership, and expressed full confidence in Iger's ability to lead the company into the future, so they let him back into the company as "Director Emeritus." That doesn't make him part of the governing board of the company, but he is associated with Disney again at least as a figurehead.

Actually there was an articleqat the hotel, in regards to Roy Disney and his
involvement.
Regardless if hes the Head honcho or not, he's still involved.

Remarkable given that Roy Disney rejoined Disney less than three hours ago.

bicker said:

Interesting ... I just received an email from Save Disney & read the joint statement - wow!

Just a reminder to play nice.

And a note about the GACs for avoiding the sun. Those are probably the more difficult GACs to deal with because they are sort of in-exact. I don't know what the exact wording on them now is, but it used to be for a place out of the sun when the "queue is in the sun for a significant amount of time." There is a lot of room for discussion about what is a "significant amount of time" and what the definition of "in the sun" includes (is it just full sun, is it shaded sun???). And what is a place out of the sun (does it have to be inside, or can it be shaded? totally or partly?
The guest and the CM can both have totally different ideas of what all those things mean.

Then the problem that was already mentioned that many queues don't have a totally shaded area.

Sorry to hear that things didn't go well with your WDW vacation. We were there in 12/04 and things could not have gone better, but since then I have read here on disABILITIES that others with a special needs person in their family have run into difficulties. Due to this I hope our 12/05 trip works out ok. IMHO, I think the idea of trying to use standby queues/ regular fast pass as much as possible helps (and just use the GAC as a last resort) a lot. We also had the stroller as a wheelchais stamp, and while we might have had a few odd looks from other vacationers, the cms were fine once I showed them the GAC. I guess I went into our WDW holiday with very low expectations and since things worked out so well, we were the vacationing family that walked around all week with perma-smiles. :flower:

bicker said:

less than three hours ago???

I wish I had taken the article home

He's always been involved.

How could you not be when you wear the Disney crown.

NOW isn'tthat remarkeable

joannelee217 said:
I never asked for a front of the line short cut
I asked for respect
and the same consideration a visibly handicapped person would receive.

you show the pass at the front of the line

a few steps away you are screamed at by another cast mmbr that just assumed you were pulling something

I read how to properly use the pass, and I did my part.....
Five people on the smae ride do not need to scream at you to remove the stroller.

NOt once did I CUT the line
I waited like everyone else....

and never once was provided shade

the cast mmbrs were not properly trained
the cast mmbers were rude and demeaning

You are correct you should have been given respect.
I apologize I did not mean to make it sound like I was accusing you of taking cuts.

Just wanted to make sure you understood that the GAC was NOT a fastpass without the Fastpass.

You would be surprised but a lot guests think people in wheelchairs get front of line and I guess maybe a few scammers rent a wheel chair thinking they will get cuts. I just wanted to set the record straight. Often times we wait
just as long or even longer for rides because we have to wait for an accessible ride vehicle or we need the ride slowed to load or unload.

I agree Disney Needs to figure out a better way to accommodate guests who
need to use a stroller as a wheelchair.
They can't allow all guests to bring strollers through lines because there is not room to park them by the loading area.
So CMs are told not to allow strollers in the ques.
This causes confusion for you and for the CM's. Maybe when they give out stroller as wheelchair passes they should also give you a helium balloon (that doesn't look out of place but has a color or Character on it that CMs can identify from a distance so they know that's why the stroller is in the queue.
(Perhaps that is something you may want to suggest in your letter.)
Then when the guest reaches the CM the CM can ask to look at the GAC and make sure all the needs of the guest are taken care of. And yes you may be asked by several CMs for your card. They don't know what your needs are til they look at the card.
Hugs :grouphug: for you and your daughter.
Linda ::MinnieMo

riu girl said:
Sorry to hear that things didn't go well with your WDW vacation. We were there in 12/04 and things could not have gone better, but since then I have read here on disABILITIES that others with a special needs person in their family have run into difficulties. Due to this I hope our 12/05 trip works out ok. IMHO, I think the idea of trying to use standby queues/ regular fast pass as much as possible helps (and just use the GAC as a last resort) a lot. We also had the stroller as a wheelchais stamp, and while we might have had a few odd looks from other vacationers, the cms were fine once I showed them the GAC. I guess I went into our WDW holiday with very low expectations and since things worked out so well, we were the vacationing family that walked around all week with perma-smiles. :flower:

ANd vacationers should be walking around feeling staisfied
and smiling...
maybe its the time of the year

We tried fast passes
and tht was also a problem
our cds would not allow fast passes.

It took 4 cards before they worked properly
more wasted time

I hope your vacation in december goes well pirate:

I went on vaca especting a ME disaster
and it was wonderful.

Seems that if you have a negative experience
the bashers come out in full force,

Be there , live it,
and then JUDGE.

Sorry about the bad treatment you had on your trip.

On one trip in particular we had several rough instances with CM's right in a row. Really ruins the magic when that happens.

It must have been horrible on every ride, CM after CM yelling at you to get the stroller out of line.

We went in the back entrance for the the ball ride in EPCOT, we were using the wheel chair entrance. At the bottom, the guy asked if i could walk up, and just get on the ride. I asked how far, it was pretty short, and I said fine, I hadn't been up much and was ok for walking. We were walking up the ramp, and this guy comes out yelling at us, that we weren't suppose to enter in this way. I'm like the other guy told us to come in this way. Mean while the screaming guy is continueing to not listen and continue to scream. The first guy charges up and apoligizes and says, they are a wheel chair party. Mean while the guy screaming at us, never even said he was sorry for screaming at us. Thats a real shame. It puts a big damper on the day when someone screams at you for no reason, and doesn't have the same courage to admit they were wrong for screaming at you. I couldn't imagine being yelled at repeatadly thru out your whole trip. That would really make me crazy. I would have been at that parks main info place asking to speak to a big manager about why everyone is constantly screaming at you.

So, yes there are crappy CM's who do not apologize for improper behavior. I've seen it there and other instances where we were treated crappy, and given crappy service by certain cm's on various trips and various rides.

Sorry again for the rough treatment. Its hit or miss. Most trips we get more nice and friendly CMs that rude ones. But some trips its more negative.

I really like the post (can't remember if it was you or another poster) who took a pic of the rude CM. I really really like that idea. Send in complaint along with picture of rude cm. Makes identifing the offender easier.

Hope your next trip is more fun.
Connie

joannelee217 said:
less than three hours ago???

He's always been involved.

Roy Disney was ousted from the company years ago.

He still had the name, and the Disney family still owns a ton of stock (750million worth??), but had nothing (and still has nothing) to do with running the company.

The announcement yesterday is simply that he now has a vanity title and offically will not be continuing his battle against the board and Robert Iger's succession as CEO.

This is what the savedisney.com campaign has been about for the last couple of years.

In any case, the CEO is not the person to contact - guest services is (if you actually want a response).

N.E.D.

less than three hours ago??? I wish I had taken the article home He's always been involved.
Roy Disney had left Disney almost two years ago. He rejoined Disney yesterday.

Michael Eisner "wears the Disney crown" -- Robert Iger is "heir apparent." Roy Disney is nothing more than a consultant.

Sorry to hear about the OP's experience. I have had troubles using my GAC occasionaly with CM's who don't take the time to read it and automatically issue a response which is then inappropriate. You do need to show it to several CM's along the queue line as was mentioned before since they have no way to communicate. Yesterday we showed it four times in a queue for Kali River Rapids which I wasn't even going to ride...at the actual ride entrance I was given a shaded place to wait for my party. Part of it is trusting that at the end of the line, someone will be there to assist appropriately. Sometimes "screaming" is just the CM trying to get your attention over the noise and hustle/bustle of a crowd- I've had that happen too and the issue was their concern for my safety, knowing that if I continued on in the line I was in, I would eventually get stuck ( I have a really long chair with equipment on the back). As for "Brazilians", everyone is a guest at Disney. Their culture is different although I can understand that with someone sensitive to noise, etc., the loud chanting/singing would be upsetting. Still, there's nothing that can be done to "fix" it except perhaps to bring ear plugs!
Kathy

dclfun said:
Sorry to hear about the OP's experience. I have had troubles using my GAC occasionaly with CM's who don't take the time to read it and automatically issue a response which is then inappropriate. You do need to show it to several CM's along the queue line as was mentioned before since they have no way to communicate. Yesterday we showed it four times in a queue for Kali River Rapids which I wasn't even going to ride...at the actual ride entrance I was given a shaded place to wait for my party. Part of it is trusting that at the end of the line, someone will be there to assist appropriately. Sometimes "screaming" is just the CM trying to get your attention over the noise and hustle/bustle of a crowd- I've had that happen too and the issue was their concern for my safety, knowing that if I continued on in the line I was in, I would eventually get stuck ( I have a really long chair with equipment on the back). As for "Brazilians", everyone is a guest at Disney. Their culture is different although I can understand that with someone sensitive to noise, etc., the loud chanting/singing would be upsetting. Still, there's nothing that can be done to "fix" it except perhaps to bring ear plugs!
Kathy
Its fine for large groups of Brazilians to visit our country,
but a bus driver should not over stuff a bus,

The screaming was not concern for my daughters safety, the screaming was to remove the stroller.

but as I said it was a learning experience.
And it will be address in writing, becasuse as in any business, if the people at the top, do not know whats going on below, the problems will continue. I hope no one else experiences this negative treatment.

OK, no more about Roy Disney.
I am stipulating that Roy Disney
  • was gone from the Disney company for almost 2 years (a response to the direction the company was headed).
  • was on the Board of Directors of the Disney company before the rift, not in a day to day management role with the company.
  • returned to a relationship with the Disney company on July 8, 2005 (see announcement on www.savedisney.com )
  • has the position of Director Emeritus and is acting as a consultant as of July 8, 2005 (which could be said to be a ceremonial title, but is definately not being in charge).
  • is not in a position to handle day to day business of the nature of the complaints that the OP noted.
I will delete any further references about Roy Disney. We don't need to fight about him.

My suggestions are that the CEO is usually not the best place to start, especially when the complaints are with different divisions (or in this case, some of the complaints are with AAA). Letters, etc sent to the CEO will be directed downward to someone closer to the situation anyway, so usually there are less steps to go thru in starting closer to the problem and you are starting closer to people who will actually understand your complaint. You can always go higher up if you get no response.

Better people are closer to the directors of the places the complaints are with - i.e. Manager of the hotel, manager of Guest Services at the park(s) in question, Manager of the AAA that made the reservations, manager of Special Services for the resorts, manager of Special Services for the parks.

In letters, be consise and stick to facts, not interpretations or feelings. Only include the things that person needs to know to resolve the problem (ie the AAA people need to know what the problems were with the reservation, not any problems at the park).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter