• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Centre of Paris back to CDG

jax100

Mouseketeer
We're coming to DLP for our 10th anniversary - 24th-27th June. Anyway my question -
we are staying at the holiday inn at dlp but on the last day we are considering a day in paris before heading back to cdg. If we do that how easy is it to get transport back to cdg - obviously taxi but what is the cost, is there a bus, a direct bus and if so does anyone know how much it might cost?

We have a few weeks yet before we go but wondered if anyone had any info on getting back to cdg.

It really depends on where you are in Paris and how much luggage you have on you. You can take the RER which is the suburban light rail from the heart of Paris directly to the airpot in about 40 mins. However, that does require dealing with stairs. Cost is 7.80 euros one way.

Air France has a direct bus available to anyone from gare de lyon, Montparnasse and arch de triomphe. Cost is 12 euros one way.

There is also the roissy bus that leaves from Opera and costs 8.20 euros.

A taxi would be around 40 to 60 euros depending on the time of day, day of the week and traffic.

I have just done this exact trip after staying in the Holiday Inn.

TIP
If you are going from MLV to Paris via the RER I advise you to get your ticket the night before you travel from the ticket office as on the day it is utter chaos with huge queues.
This is because those friendly French (NOT) have set the automatic ticket machines in MLV RER to NOT accept UK credit cards (neither mine or the wifes) nor cash forcing all foreigners to queue for tickets.

The cost from MLV to Paris is about 8 euros and with the cost of the trip to CDG being about 8 euros it may be worth getting the Paris visit card for both trips which is 16 euros. This card is usually a rip off, but may suit for this day.
The one day Mobilis (12 euros) doesn't allow you to get to the airport.

My smallish suitcase just about fit into the special turnstiles at the RER stations and was not too heavy to lug down steps.
There tended to be escalators going up but only stairs going down.

The trip from centre Paris to CDG T1 took 28 minutes, but was the 'express' from Gare Du Nord, a direct service.

thanks. any other hints or tips would be greatly received.

not planning on taking loads of stuff with us as only there for a weekend so only essentials. and not planning on bringing a lot home(famous last words!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter