• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

We are on the August 2 trip, so any tips from those of you traveling earlier would be so helpful. We too would skip the marionette class, as my kids are older, so an idea of how best to spend that time would be super. Thanks!

If you have pre days, we did the Jewish quarter, the castle a little bit, Disney does it, but it was Sunday & we couldn't go into st vitus & you don't want to miss that.

Thanks so much for the heads up that the ABD won't be able to go into St. Vitus, since we will also be there on a Sunday. We will make sure to do this on one of our pre-days. We are also planning to do the Jewish cemetery and quarter. We will also make sure to bring gloves for the ice caves.

AS I am now allowed to post a tour group, I will go ahead and do it. My family will be doing the PragueInclusive tour which has had raving reviews from tripadvisor. St. Vitus is close to the Prague Castle which is the first stop of this tour. It is one of the areas included on this tour.
We have been confirmed a pick up at Marriot Prague at 930 and the whole group will meet at the Prague castle.

http://www.pragueallinclusive.com/en/tour-info/

Yes, I am very excited to meet your family as my 7-year old daughter will mostly be playing with your son! Where will you be staying on your pre-tour days. We will be arriving on the 10th and stay at the Marriot. We booked it on our own since the ABD prices were more than the Marriot prices. On the 11th we are booked on a walking tour. I'm not sure of the rules of posting the tour group. Am I allowed to post the tour group?

We are also arriving on the morning of the 10th and staying at the Marriott! We also booked on our own - so much cheaper! Looking forward to meeting you!

We are also arriving on the morning of the 10th and staying at the Marriott! We also booked on our own - so much cheaper! Looking forward to meeting you!

We are arriving at 140 pm Delta flight DL9533 from Pasco, WA. What will you guys be doing on the first 2 days prior to the tour?

We are arriving at 140 pm Delta flight DL9533 from Pasco, WA. What will you guys be doing on the first 2 days prior to the tour?

Wow, that's a long flight! We will arrive around 10 am from NY, NY on July 10. I booked a half-day tour with a tour guide I found on TripAdvisor for July 11, hoping to see some things we will miss on the ABD and then plan to wander on our own on July 12 before the official start of the tour.

Wow, that's a long flight! We will arrive around 10 am from NY, NY on July 10. I booked a half-day tour with a tour guide I found on TripAdvisor for July 11, hoping to see some things we will miss on the ABD and then plan to wander on our own on July 12 before the official start of the tour.

Did you call Marriot or ABD to have the same room assigned to ABD?

Yes! I contacted the Marriott and they are keeping us in the same room for the whole time - whew! :)

They did the same for us and will confirm it actually occurred next week!
The Marriott staff have been incredibly prompt and responsive to emails.

I emailed them back and plan to call them tomorrow. Did you contact by either way. With an email I can at least receive a documentation that they agreed on letting us remain in the same room.

I emailed them back and plan to call them tomorrow. Did you contact by either way. With an email I can at least receive a documentation that they agreed on letting us remain in the same room.

I first spoke to the Marriott concierge (they also arranged our transfer from the hotel) and then got an e-mail confirmation about staying in the same room from Milan Hruby, Rooms Controller for the Prague Marriott. In the e-mail, his telephone number is listed as +42 (0) 222 888 8888 and e-mail is mhrs.prgdt.rc@marriotthotels.com

I've called the Ritz Carlton in Vienna and the Intercontinental Berchtesgaden with other questions and everyone has been really nice and helpful!

I first spoke to the Marriott concierge (they also arranged our transfer from the hotel) and then got an e-mail confirmation about staying in the same room from Milan Hruby, Rooms Controller for the Prague Marriott. In the e-mail, his telephone number is listed as +42 (0) 222 888 8888 and e-mail is mhrs.prgdt.rc@marriotthotels.com

I've called the Ritz Carlton in Vienna and the Intercontinental Berchtesgaden with other questions and everyone has been really nice and helpful!

Thank you for the information! That was very helpful. Just out of curiosity, why did you call the other hotels when ABD guides will be the ones taking care of it?

You also stated that they also arranged the transfer FROM the hotel. Did you mean transfer TO the hotel from the airport? And if you did how much did it cost? We plan to use this type of transfer.

http://www.prague-airport-transfers...UclX9eWHi9T78fK71iiOTC8TXy1yLxSsUYU3Z8BLw_wcB

Thank you for the information! That was very helpful. Just out of curiosity, why did you call the other hotels when ABD guides will be the ones taking care of it?

You also stated that they also arranged the transfer FROM the hotel. Did you mean transfer TO the hotel from the airport? And if you did how much did it cost? We plan to use this type of transfer.

http://www.prague-airport-transfers...UclX9eWHi9T78fK71iiOTC8TXy1yLxSsUYU3Z8BLw_wcB

Yes! I meant TO the hotel :) We arranged the transfer through the hotel and it costs 1890 CZK which looks to be around $90.

I called the Intercontinental to see if they had laundry service as I would like keep our packing fairly light. They do have a laundry service! I'm sure it will be expensive, but I'd rather do that than lug more stuff around than need be.

I called the Ritz Carlton Vienna to see if they could arrange a ground transfer to Budapest after the ABD ends. They could do it, but we ended up hiring a private tour company to help with the Budapest part of our trip and they are going to pick us up instead.

This is my last day at work before our flight to Prague (via Frankfurt) on Monday. I am literally counting down the minutes until 5:00 p.m. PT when I can justify leaving for the day!

This is my last day at work before our flight to Prague (via Frankfurt) on Monday. I am literally counting down the minutes until 5:00 p.m. PT when I can justify leaving for the day!

I have 12 more days to go. I don't feeling like working anymore and all I want to do now is to spend a fabulous time with my wife and 2 daughters on our first ABD tour!!! My twin brother is on their BTB Ireland/Scotland ABD tour.

I contacted the concierge and he requested that I send a formal email. I received another email from general information from Marriott and they received my request but cannot guarantee the room. Well, I guess we just to have to pray for the request. Whether we get it or not, we will get to enjoy this trip!!!

Adventure Guide Jennae is on Facebook and has been posting about this trip. She just posted a suggestion to see St Vitus Cathedral as it will be closed on Sunday for Mass. Of course we already knew that thanks to this thread lol!

I messaged her about the hotel in Germany as I heard the outdoor pool will be closed during our stay. She called the Intercontinental and confirmed the outdoor pool will be closed but the indoor pool will be open. Very nice responsiveness! I am still bummed about that pool because the photos of it surrounded by the mountains look amazing.

PixiePrincess310, is there a chance I could get you to post your report in a separate thread, so that it will be easier to link to, and for others to find? Thanks! If you want, I can move your post to a Thread for you. Or you could start your own thread, and link to it here. Thanks in advance!

Sayhello

Sayhello,

If you can tell me how to do that or move it and then tell me where it is that would be great!

PixiePrincess310

PixiePrincess310, is there a chance I could get you to post your report in a separate thread, so that it will be easier to link to, and for others to find? Thanks! If you want, I can move your post to a Thread for you. Or you could start your own thread, and link to it here. Thanks in advance!

Sayhello

We arrived in Prague today for the July 5 trip. Love love love Prague on our first impression!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter