• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

central CA along the 5

I've been traveling along I-5 since the 70s, and all the basic pit stops were about the furthest thing from virtual ghost towns. There's always parked cars.

Now I do remember this Chevron station on CA-58 near Buttonwillow where I was the only customer every single time I've been there.

Early 70's, I rode my bike with my cousin to her boyfriend's farm south of Elk Grove and was watching them build this new freeway : )

I've never really seen it bare either but over the years, I think some here have gotten the impression it's a lot more bare then it is.

You know, there is this station on the west side that is a Chevron that is by itself and always looks closed down.

I use to travel I40 and 50 to Oklahoma quite a few times so I may be a little skewed what bare is. I also have to say, CA has much better rest stops then those states I traveled through.

I5 is certainly not the road to look for towns/cities but within every 30-50 miles there is some type of gas station or eatery. Since I'm in Sacramento, it's just my 75 mph way to get to DL fast once I get past Stockton.

halfmonkey said:
Can anybody tell me if there is a common place for people to stop at along the 5 driving through central CA where you can use the restroom and eat some food?

I'm kinda looking for something like how there's Barstow on the 15 as you drive to Las Vegas.

I don't necessarily want a one off location where we might be the only people eating. I'd rather it be with a crowd of people preferably with an In N Out.

There is an In-n-out along the way. Cant remember exit but try googling it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter