Cell Phone - Wi-fi - Things to turn off (iphone)

Simba

Some People Call me Walt Jr.
I know that you can get 50mb the first day for free. I remember seeing a list of items you could/should do to conserve data use on your iPhone. Does anyone happen to have that/a list? I remember some of the obvious like turn off automatic updates, turn off background refresh, etc. I remember a thread at one point that listed 10-15 items that you could do to ensure you wouldn't go through the free data in like 60 seconds!

Thanks!

I know that you can get 50mb the first day for free. I remember seeing a list of items you could/should do to conserve data use on your iPhone. Does anyone happen to have that/a list? I remember some of the obvious like turn off automatic updates, turn off background refresh, etc. I remember a thread at one point that listed 10-15 items that you could do to ensure you wouldn't go through the free data in like 60 seconds!

Thanks!

This is a helpful albeit confusing thread, but on page three is the list I believe you are looking for. It worked for us, good luck!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/so-if-i-plan-on-using-this-navigator-app.3555372/page-3

If you have an iPhone, an easy way to go is to enable "Low Power Mode" in the Battery settings. It will disable most backgroung app refresh, mail fetching, automatic downloads, etc. When recharging, make sure to choose "Enable again" once your battey reaches 80 %. The phone tries to go back to normal by default.

Great thread!! I've been wondering about this too since we sail on 9/30. I like to be in charge of my own electronics (IT nerd).

Make sure you turn off wifi assist on iPhones! We learned this the hard way in Europe last fall. Luckily ATT took pity on us and refunded us :D

Don't you just put your iPhone in airplane mode and then turn only the wifi back on (to use the Disney app onboard)?

I turn it off and put it in the safe for the duration of the cruise.

Don't you just put your iPhone in airplane mode and then turn only the wifi back on (to use the Disney app onboard)?

Yes, if you are only looking to use the Navigator app. OP is asking about the free 50mb package. It is very easy to use that up if you do not turn off push notifications, etc.

That's if you only want to access the app. If you wish to access the Internet for email, Facebook, etc., considering the rates per Mb that DCL charges, you need to turn off multiple things your phone does automatically when it accesses the Internet. If not, you'll burn through the free 50 Mb in 2 seconds. I usually last 5-6 days on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter